New 20 & 10 notes with rainbow colours

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

New 20 & 10 notes with rainbow colours

Post by crewmeal »

Has Egypt come to its senses I wonder. New notes contain LGBT rainbow colours.

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/news/upro ... HGT_WbeZLA

I bet some conservatives will freak out when they put 2 + 2 together and make 4.

John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Re: New 20 & 10 notes with rainbow colours

Post by John Landon »

Always loved rainbows, though back then they had a different meaning. Still has the same meaning for me as far as I am concerned.

First picture I remember drawing was a rainbow on a piece of black paper. Says it all really. 😎

Just remember you can't have a rational argument with religious people. I'd you could, then there wouldn't be religious people. QED..
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

crewmeal wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:58 am Has Egypt come to its senses I wonder. New notes contain LGBT rainbow colours.

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/news/upro ... HGT_WbeZLA

I bet some conservatives will freak out when they put 2 + 2 together and make 4.
They already are.....going by the comments on social media :lol:
John Landon
Top Member
Top Member
Venezuela

Post by John Landon »

Clearly this lot have assumed the rainbow is for LGBT, but it always represented a sign of hope and also the Rasta culture was associated with the rainbow long before gay rights came along.

Would they object if they saw this symbol for what it has long since been associated with. ?

As for me, I like LGBT.
Lettuce grilled bacon and tomato. Best butty ever, along with tuna fish, sweetcorn and mayo, coning a close second. .
😎
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

“This is a great scandal and a sin!” commented one person on Twitter. “The government/central bank/relevant ministries are responsible for this shameful act of placing an image of the gay flag on a mosque on our national currency note! They must correct it and issue an apology!”

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/08/03/e ... bank-note/

What’s needed is an image which immediately conveys the essence of Egypt. Not the boring old repetition of mosques, pyramids and ancient queens.

How about crowds of Egyptians gawping at the aftermath of some ghastly road/ rail accident .....surrounded by garbage and feral dogs? Unmistakeable 8)
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

I can't help but wonder how they are going to keep control of the notes - rainbow colours or not.
I find cashing up those slippery slidey notes can be a problem, especially if I have to count the notes out in front of my boss. They are guaranteed to slide across, and off, the desk like a plastic waterfall.

When I think of the Egyptian men I have seen in the past, reach into their gallabiyah pocket and bring out a wad of notes, I fear they will encounter the same problem I do. Think of the chaps who collect the ferry money, with all those plastic coated fares sliding between their fingers.
As for the women, I worry that they will no longer be able to hide their money in their bra's. The sweat will no longer be absorbed by the paper and they could end up with a nasty rash on their bosoms. (Thinking about it, from observation, not many of the older women in particular wear bras - yet they still manage to stash their cash ...and phone...where a bra would be worn. How the heck do they do that?)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Having seen and read so much of the Egyptian governments sense of humour over God knows how many years, and looking at their most recent ideas on balancing the present rather difficult financial books, I suspect the 'rainbow' might be more to do with the idea that hopefully a huge chest of gold will be at one end of it. :wi .
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

A-Four wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:13 am I suspect the 'rainbow' might be more to do with the idea that hopefully a huge chest of gold will be at one end of it. :wi .
It already has!! The names IMF and the World bank were stamped on it.
Adamantium

Post by Adamantium »

Egyptian women like to keep abreast of financial affairs. Sensible. They won't worry when the stock market goes tits up.
crewmeal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by crewmeal »

There's a gay pride event in Birmingham this coming weekend, I'll make flags out of the new notes just to be different.