An I hate my job day ........

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: An I hate my job day ........

Post by Dusak »

I was lucky than a lot of folk, worked hard for thirty odd years self employed to enable me to retire at fifty. I was brought up in a relatively poor household, but still an excellently good one. But seeing how they had to struggle through life attempting to make ends meet. No thanks. Another thing I noted was while working for Pilkingtons, very few of my fellow workers that retired at sixty five, lived beyond seventy. Again, no thanks. I often wonder if when I'm about to reach my pension age of sixty six, will they up it to seventy. Then when I'm sixty nine, up it again. I remember reading in the newspaper when I was in my mid twenties that in twenty five years hence, the pension pot would be dry with insufficient funds to pay the increasing, longer living pensioners. It seems to be coming true.

I wouldn't say retirement is hard work as you can please yourself what you do on a daily basis. I still work hard on my home, creating and maintaining, but at my own pace and pleasure. I still enjoy working and do not think, at this moment of my life, that I could stop. Besides, I've never been a keep fit sort or walker, so work, for me, helps keep the mind active and the bod reasonably fitish looking.

I feel sorry for the ones that have retired and immediately have had to go and find some kind of work to make ends meet. Some literally have to work until they drop down dead.

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: An I hate my job day ........

Post by Zooropa »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Oh my goodness ( :urm: ) - wasn't I told off well and proper ....... (note to self - in future ignore the inane)
Grow up - ignoring yourself would be ridiculous.