Tiffin

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Tiffin

Post by Major Thom »

went to do a weekly shop and came across the following, Tiffin Bars, Old Jamaica (dark chocolate with rum laced raisins) Picnic Bars, some brilliant flavours in TinTams. Then went to Rusty's for fruit and veg, great to see atomisers used to keep veg fresh and crisp. Tomorrow going to see the Alan Carr Show. We have also seen a dance school that we would like to join. There is so much to do here, from relaxing on a beach, to doing whatever you want. Yesterday was a lithe humid so spent time relaxing, today shopping tonight celebrating with wife grandson daughter and husband at Kewarra Beach Party.
We have both started collecting clothes again, it's such an effort because there are so many shops to visit, it's possible to spend 8 hours in Cairns Central Mall, two stories of so many shops its s difficult to say which one to view next. Lynne went on the lucky dip ticket sle and won a 70" Curved 3D UHD TV. Lucky Sod. But one less thing to buy.
Sorry posted in wrong section...

BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Re: Tiffin

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote: (dark chocolate with rum laced raisins) ...great to see atomisers used to keep veg fresh and crisp ...We have also seen a dance school that we would like to join ...celebrating with wife grandson daughter and husband ...
We have both started collecting clothes again, it's such an effort because there are so many shops to visit, it's possible to spend 8 hours in Cairns Central Mall ...
Delicious filled chocolates and crisp fruit and vegetables are available, but I miss the fresh, sunripe fruit and herbs from Egypt. I enjoy fantastic concerts, exhibitions and events and I attend a dance school on Tuesdays, but after celebrating my granddaughter's birthday, I'll be out of here and back in Luxor.

I don't know how many hours I could spend in a mall, because I never think of entering one, but I keep collecting quality clothes, shoes and handbags from my favorite shops when I am in Scandinavia. The rest of the year, I do not focus on what is not available in the country where I choose to be and where I am reminded that I do not need all those things, but they are nice to have.

If good chocolate and clothes meant the world to me, I would feel like a fool for even having considered an everyday life in Upper Egypt.

:a11:
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Major Thom wrote:went to do a weekly shop and came across the following, Tiffin Bars, Old Jamaica (dark chocolate with rum laced raisins) Picnic Bars, some brilliant flavours in TinTams. Then went to Rusty's for fruit and veg, great to see atomisers used to keep veg fresh and crisp. Tomorrow going to see the Alan Carr Show. We have also seen a dance school that we would like to join. There is so much to do here, from relaxing on a beach, to doing whatever you want. Yesterday was a lithe humid so spent time relaxing, today shopping tonight celebrating with wife grandson daughter and husband at Kewarra Beach Party.
We have both started collecting clothes again, it's such an effort because there are so many shops to visit, it's possible to spend 8 hours in Cairns Central Mall, two stories of so many shops its s difficult to say which one to view next. Lynne went on the lucky dip ticket sle and won a 70" Curved 3D UHD TV. Lucky Sod. But one less thing to buy.
Sorry posted in wrong section...
Then we'll have to ask Keefy to set up a new section....just for your posts :

" SCHADENFREUDE".....or maybe..... "KARMA......WHAT'S THAT?""
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Or better still just point him in this direction ;)
http://www.australia-migration-forums.com/
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

8 hours in Cairns central mall shopping, give me strength can't think of anything worse.
Just hope you managed to locate unmelted chocky digestive biscuits there. :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

How much are dog biscuits? :ni:
Smile! It confuses people
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Almost half price to Luxor! Like my wife says the comments are only to be expected.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Come now MT, many people are animal lovers and are curious as to the fate of your faithful hound. I know that I agonised for ages over bringing my own Alsatian back home with me from Africa, but several things mitigated against it. Back then the cost and the quarantine (12 months) was extortionate, I also had to consider the dog. He had been used to roaming free within a large area of garden, there was also his age and what was a very poor infra structure to transport an animal back to the UK. In the end we reluctantly decided to let him go to friends who were still there at the time, but to be honest his fate has always haunted me even after all these years. :a51:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Well MT if you and your wife enjoyed spending 8 hours trailing round a mall shopping good on you. Nothing in my line, nothing I would hate more. Also looking for snakes is nothing in my line, :sd no wonder you didn't enjoy your time in Luxor if this is your idea of entertainment. Each to their own.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Major Thom wrote:Almost half price to Luxor! Like my wife says the comments are only to be expected.
All in fun MT, all in fun. You are obviously enjoying yourselves so make the most of what you have,. I'm reading it all with some interest. :up I spent seven hours wondering around Seven/ City Stars? shopping mall in Cairo, not a shopper lover, but enjoyed that day. I also used to enjoy our four hour stint in Spinnies just to get some decent meat and fish ect. but I believe that it has fallen into hard times since rev 1&2.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

We worked it out that if 10 people got a taxi to Hurghada and shopped at Spinny's it would be cheaper than shopping weekly in Luxor, you would get a day by the sea thrown in also. If you are watching the pennies each week though, and I expect a lot are now the GBP has gone down, it will not be of any saving to you.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Strange how perceptions can differ.

I suppose prices have gone up alot in my decade here. But haven't they everywhere? I've only been in London a couple of days and already spent more than I would in month in Egypt.

I can now get 12EGP for my £.....better than the 9 I recall in the early days.

Rent, utilities, transport. ....a fraction of what I'd pay in London .

True....it costs a bit more to feed the cat, but......whatever....
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Living in two countries, I cannot keep a pet, but the money that I save on dog food and men, does not last long in Copenhagen. This week alone, I have spent more money on shoes than I would know how to spend in one month in Luxor - but like Newcastle says ...whatever ...

If it is all about money, like Chocolate Eclair used to tell us, no wonder you get frustrated in Egypt.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Dusak I went to Cairo beginning of last year, one friend insisted that we go to City Stars, worst day I spent in Cairo. They did have a M&S though.