FABlux's foxes

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Images are international I'm glad to say. :D Not too sure about names & how I'm supposed to recognise their food is a mystery. :urm: Barry & I spent about half an hour scouring the lane for a particular plant Mum eats as a medicine & found it :D so hopefully language won't be a problem. She is exceptional in her ability to send images though. We "met" one in February & sensed its surprise at connecting to a 2 leg so there is hope yet :)

JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

Do you get a thought of what they are thinking or do you get pictures of what they are thinking ?
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

It varies, sometimes I feel their emotions, other times I get images, like looking at photos or pictures, I also get smells & tastes (which can be pretty disgusting sometimes, have you ever tasted a freshly killed rabbit :x I also benefit from their much greater senses sometimes, when we were in Greece I could hear the mozzies & rushed round splatting them :lol:
JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

Do you pick any signals up from your cat Fabs?
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Not really but he is pretty thick :lol:
My very first animal contact was with one of our cats but that was years ago & I didn't have any more after he died until Mum.
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Wow dead rabbit would not be on my wishlist. Your breath must have been great after that :) :)

Regards
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

I certainly felt sick afterward Aroma. :cry:
Last night we had a Chinese takeaway & as usual far more than we could eat, so I put the rest of it into one of the takeaway dishes that they came in & put it out for the foxes. It all went, dish as well, so I guess Mum had a take away for Mothers Day too :lol:
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Lucky you dont have it with your dog. Imagine smelling the things they sniff, which is 1000s x our perceptions.

Do foxes have a similar sense of smell? I suppose they do. Just not the inclination to sniff other foxes butts as dogs do. :lol: :lol:
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Just been watching ladies night out, Mum, Missie & Beauty all down eating together, have stuck the tape on & will try to get a picture to post.
Glad to say I only have a cat & no link like that with him. Mother foxes wash cubs bums though :oops: :cry:
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

No too late last night, only caught 2 on film, tonight we had Mum, Kinky & Fenec down, Fenec is still slightly reserved but she did come down to the table so will try to post a photo shortly.
Connie Tindale

Post by Connie Tindale »

I am looking foward to that. Our hedghogs are awake and hungry. :) :) :) they now have a plate of Tesco's meaty chunks.
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Yes ours have been feeding for a few weeks now. We laughed last night, to keep the foxes off the HH food we kept 1 of the old HH houses & put their food in that, last night we had a shot of Mum with her head in the HH house :roll:
One thing you probably already know on the cat food, it's best to stick to chicken, beef can be too rich, especially early in the season and also for babies :)
On Mothers Day we went to Marwell Zoo Park & we were watching a bat eared fox, I was just thinking its tail was pretty poor compared with Mum's when she joined us. The bat ear stopped dead (it had been eating) & looked all round :worry: it started eating again but kept looking up. Barry said have we got company? I confirmed we had. Mum then said he wasn't really like a fox, he felt more like a cat? :ni:
We moved off to let it eat & looked at the Coatis & suddenly one of them that was on top of its climbing frame/tree turned round & started to run head first down a branch, Mum said Aaahh & left. :lol:
Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

Had to slam on the anchors this morning as a fox ran into the path of my car, but lucky for him I missed. :x:x
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Silly fox, he should know better :x Mum is very wary of roads & has passed that on to all her cubs :D
So glad you managed to miss him ( a female would have had more sense :lol: )
JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

There as been quite a few squashed rabbits on the main road near us this weekend :?
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Thats part of the trouble, it's an easy meal for a fox so that draws them on to the roads. :cry:
Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

Must have been a male Phran because he seen me coming.
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

The first cubs came down tonight. :D
We looked out to see 4 foxes then realised 2 were smaller. 1 was also quite ungainly, it did not follow the normal route down & went the wrong side of a low conifer then scrambled through it :roll: It then stood and watched the adults for a short time then came down, "kissed" Mum & picked up a dog biscuit, the second one was more confident, got the right route and came straight down & picked up a biscuit :D Both are quite dark & look very healthy, Mum then rounded up all the fluffees to take back for the other cubs. One followed her the other stayed down with Kinkie and picked up a few more biscuits.
The Hedgehogs have also been around a lot, in pairs circling & snuffling :roll: so all is normal in the garden & Joan will be feeding them whilst we are away.
Am just going to go out & add more biscuits to the 15 boxes of biscuits/nuts/dogfood/& treat sticks etc which we have left for them. There are 15 bags of bones or fluffies in the freezer ready as well, plus a big box of hedgehog food with a scoop & film canisters ready for the fish, phew we are all done apart from adding to the boxes.
Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

Well wait till I tell you what I seen this morning at 5am waiting for a bus, a white westie chasing a fox round the street the fox was taking the micky well out of the dog. :lol::lol:
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Ours do the same to Kinnie cat. He loves to play chase with the younger ones...never the adults of course. They are just so agile.

While we were in Luxor Phrans mother had been feeding them early because she cannot see well in the dark. Last evening when it was still broad daylight I went out to the garage and met a fox coming down the path to look for the food!
We put the food straight out and the birds came down and started eating it!! Within a 2 minutes the fox was back and chased off the birds. Did the same tonight and had 3 foxes in the garden together in daylight.
They had obviously learned that the birds were pinching their food so have shifted to coming in daylight :)

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.