Any hints/how-to make garlic sauce

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

cbrbddd

Any hints/how-to make garlic sauce

Post by cbrbddd »

So I have been experimenting with making garlic sauce . . . the kind that I've liked in restaurants is VERY garlicky . . . yummmmm! I found one recipe that is basically mashed garlic with salt. Then the next one I've tried is mashed garlic, salt, then add yoghurt . . . still yum! But the garlic has a big "BITE" to it . . . I like it, but even I can feel a bit of a burn, lol, and one of my friends said "how can you eat that?" . . . she liked it but said to soak it in water before mashing. Then I thought maybe I would try to roast it before mashing . . . not sure how this will turn out. Anyone tried this? Or have any suggestions for making a garlic sauce that varies from what I am trying.

I have a batch of this stuff in my refrigerator and I roasted some eggplant which I mashed up into the whole batch . . . then added some lime juice to part of it . . . I liked that. Next I think I will add some lemon juice to another part of it and see what that tastes like. Oh, and I added MORE yoghurt to try to ease the garlicky taste a bit. Still tastes quite good with some naan . . . LOL, I don't have any pita bread at home but I can feel a trip to the Middle Eastern grocery store is on the errand list for this weekend.

CATHERINE

I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .
Annadongela
United Kingdom

Post by Annadongela »

And no-one will come within a miles radius of your house!!!! :lol:
Lucy T

Post by Lucy T »

Yummo I love very garlicky anything :P :P :P

The chefs at my hotel store their garlic cloves (peeled) in a jar of extra virgin olive oil, it apparently tones down the 'bite' a little. Plus you then have wonderfully infused garlic olive oil for salads/dressings etc :P
Take my advice - I'm not using it.....
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Catherine, I'm not a chef, just love garlic with almost any dish.

Your question intrigued me so what does one do, Google Search, naturally.

Karams Garlic Sauce on www.garlicsauce.com add lemon juice and olive oil to the ingredients you have already mentioned.

Another site: http://www.garlic-central.com/garlic-sauce.html have a detailed recipe for a white garlic sauce that sounds good.
Worth a try?
Grandad
:gg:
Grandad :gg:
cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

Annadongela wrote:And no-one will come within a miles radius of your house!!!! :lol:
Actually, they won't get within a mile of my cube at work . . . I took some in to work and the odor just wafted out when I opened the container. :lol: :lol: :lol: Good way to keep away the pesky co-workers . . .unless they like garlic too!

I think I am now garlic infused!
CATHERINE

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

Lucy T wrote:Yummo I love very garlicky anything :P :P :P

The chefs at my hotel store their garlic cloves (peeled) in a jar of extra virgin olive oil, it apparently tones down the 'bite' a little. Plus you then have wonderfully infused garlic olive oil for salads/dressings etc :P
Good idea . . . I already have some that I popped into a jar of oil left over from marinated artichoke hearts . . . hate to throw all the oil away and I added some balsamic vinegar too. Maybe I'll try to mash some of those on the next go-round. ;) More garlic infusing coming right up!
CATHERINE

cbrbddd

Post by cbrbddd »

Grandad wrote:Catherine, I'm not a chef, just love garlic with almost any dish.

Your question intrigued me so what does one do, Google Search, naturally.

Karams Garlic Sauce on www.garlicsauce.com add lemon juice and olive oil to the ingredients you have already mentioned.

Another site: http://www.garlic-central.com/garlic-sauce.html have a detailed recipe for a white garlic sauce that sounds good.
Worth a try?
Grandad
:gg:
Google is our friend!!!

YUMMMMMMM, the first one is almost the recipe that I used . . . but I wouldn't have to make it if I order from that website. And those folks in Seattle at Karam's have a Lebanese Restaurant too.

The first restaurant where I had chicken with Garlic Sauce is called Ali Baba's and my car would smell like garlic for days after I'd bring home a sandwich from that place.

The garlic sauce I had the other night at my favorite place seemed to have a mayonnaise like taste and consistency . . . still tasted good but without the "bite" of mine, :lol: :lol: .

Thanks for the websites!

I think I am getting hungry again for garlic!! Off to the kitchen . . . ah, the advantages of working from home . . . I can smell as garlicky as I like today!!!
CATHERINE