Egyptian Make Up

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Countessa
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Egyptian Make Up

Post by Countessa »

Has anyone ever tried having their make up done the 'Egyptian way'???

Every time I visit the hairdresser I could sit for hours and watch as brides-to-be have their make up done - they always look so beautiful. Anyway, my brother-in-law had his engagement party at the weekend and my sil booked a beautician to come to the house to do her make up and asked if I'd like to have mine done too. "Why not" I thought and sat down in preparation to be made beautiful.

My only worry was when the woman used kohl to outline my lips :? , but hey ho I told myself, she's the professional.

When she finished I went to look at myself in the mirror and almost screamed in fright!!! I looked like a cross between a prostitute and a drag queen :oops: :lol: I wanted to wash the whole lot off but my husband was yelling for me on the stairs - thankfully I managed to get the kohl off my lips though!!

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

Trixx

Post by Trixx »

Did you take a picture countessa?
I would have loved to see that :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry :oops::oops:
Trixxy

Annadongela

Post by Annadongela »

and you didn't take a photo????? :lol:

Countessa
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Countessa »

ooohhh, there's lots of photos of my public humiliation :oops: And as if that's not bad enough, I've got 'red eye' in every single bl**dy one - truly scary stuff :lol:

Kiya

Post by Kiya »

Countessa your lovely without all the heavy makeup :) , but would still like to see a piccy ;)
[flash width=270 height=14 loop=true]ad_signatures//kiya-sig.swf[/flash]

Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

That was great Countessa, I would like to try it :lol: They do go a bit overboard though don't they just :mrgreen: When our Niece got engaged in January we went to collect her from the hairdressers (She had been there HOURS and was starving hungry bless her) I had tears in my eyes because she looked like a little doll. She is only 16 and they aren't getting married for three or four years but even her shoulders were caked in 'pan stick' :? Her hair was like straw but she did look lovely and we have their photo up in our house :D
You'll need a good make up remover :lol:
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image

Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Goddess »

You're braver than me Countessa!!! I've thought about it a few times - but just can't bring myself to do it! Thanks for being a guinnea pig for the rest of us that aren't so brave!! :lol:
(I'm with the rest - that photo should be passed around so others can live and learn .... and laugh!)

Countessa
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Countessa »

Hmmmph.....should've known I'd get no sympathy from you lot!!! :lol: :lol:

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[face=Comic Sans MS]Oh Contessa! I can only imagine but that will have to do until I see the photos.

Personally I don't think the girls look that good when they've been made up for there special occasion. The make up is so hard and would be far better under full stage floodlights.[/face]

[face=Comic Sans MS]And these were the delicatley made up girls I met. :) [/face]
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley

JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by JOJO »

Come on Countessa,give us a piccie-please :D

Countessa
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Countessa »

I may post a pic when I feel brave enough - may take some time!!!!

Oh, and how could I forget to mention my blow dry......she gave me a flick of all things!!!!

warda

Post by warda »

Hey girls, it's not that bad. You just have to get used to little bit stronger makeup :lol:
There are few things you have to know before giving yourself to the hands of egyptian beautician.
1. You can never be too white
2. You can't have too much blush
3. Everybody have to see you are wearing eyeshadow and kohl (much of it)

I've become an official makeup artist here where we live. My egyptian friends and family memebers often come to me when they are going to wedding so I've trained myself to use colors and powders very liberally. Would you imagine using orange eyshadow:) It actually doesn't look so bad when one has a darker complexion.
When I feel I have put too much makeup then they think it's starting to be "there"...
8)

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by jewel »

See what you mean abou the "drag queen " look a bit (lot) OTT for me I'm afraid! I like the natural look - and hey! I thought Egyptian women are so good looking why do they do this to themselves?? :dun:
I can't stand the feel of make-up I once was a model for a make uo demo in Kendalls Manchester - ended up looking like Draculas daughter :lol: :lol: Never again!!
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Massinah

Post by Massinah »

:lol::lol:Oh that was funny but oh not so nice ,.beats me why they want to be white .When i was coming bck to Egypt my husband rings me and asks if i can bring some cream that bleaches the skin ,"oh my god "i burst out laughing on the fone he was not amused at me .It was for my sisterinlaws wedding she wanted to look beautiful he said but she was lovely anyway with out looking white .Any way on her wedding day she looked like a Gaisha girl :P But still pretty .
:le:
Massinah On Luxor

Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

warda wrote:Hey girls, it's not that bad. You just have to get used to little bit stronger makeup :lol:
There are few things you have to know before giving yourself to the hands of egyptian beautician.
1. You can never be too white
2. You can't have too much blush
3. Everybody have to see you are wearing eyeshadow and kohl (much of it)

8)
:lol: You forgot to mention the kohl on the lips. :) I don't know if it is kohl but they do like to have a heavy very dark outline to their lips. :)
I agree with Hepzi and don't think they look nice with so much make up and I do like my make up :mrgreen: Somehow they all tend to end up looking spookily alike :|
Still like to give it a try though :lol:
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[face=Comic Sans MS]The photo's I've posted were of the least made up girls that I saw that week!

I'm not a great user of makeup, I can't be bothered with all that fiddeling and time comsuming effort, but I did have my make up done once for a wedding I was singing at. Oh my goodness, I couldn't get home quick enough to get the foundation stuff of my face and let my skin breath again. The over all effect was quite good though and I'd love to have another professional have a go, but to advise me too.

What I'd really love to be able to take part in is a henna party. The wonderful artwork that is acheived is amazing considering the basic materials used. I don't however think it looks that good on fair skin. I had a henna tattoo done once, just a simple bracelet, which was fine. The only problem was it wore off my skin fairly quickly but I was left with this ring of black hairs around my lower arm which seemed to take forevever to disappear. :roll: [/face]
-Aldous Huxley

JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by JOJO »

I do like my make-up and wouldn't leave the house without at least my mascara on-but this Egyptian make up is hilarious :Lil: Is it down to the quality of products out there?Can they only get their hands on Blue,purple,Green, yellow, Orange etc...eye-shadows? Perhaps they do not have lip liners available?And blusher-i think you are very lucky if you can get away with wearing it-every time I've used it i look like Aunt Sally :oops:
I personally think Foundation and Powder ruin your skin,I've not wore foundation for the last year and my skin as never been better+now i always seem to have a better colour, i suppose not covering the skin all the while allows you to pick up a bit of sun even in winter.

Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

I too won't go out without my make up on. Foundation,blusher, lipstick the lot :lol: Always wear foundation when I'm here in UK because it evens my skin tone,but in Luxor once I have some colour I will not always use it. I love eye make up :) trouble is have to be more careful now I'm older :(

Annadongela

Post by Annadongela »

Me three but I wear the Virgin Vie One step face base which is a powder foundation and very light, and of course, my lippy - even going out training or on a callout - have to have my make-up on! :oops:

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[face=Comic Sans MS]I do admit that I can't see anything until I've penciled in my eyes and painted on my lashes. Always have a lippy handy too. :) [/face]
-Aldous Huxley