Spirituality and Sin

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Spirituality and Sin

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Spirituality is for some reason viewed by christians as sin. I have talked to people several times who believe me to be from hell...
Why? Because I aknowledge my own wisdom, my own greatness and my own power. And that is just not right, is it?
You are supposed to be small, to be a sinful nothing, who are forgiven even though you don't deserve it. Well, if you want to be a nothing in this life... be my guest! We have our free will, that is our privilege.
But I intend to recognice myself as big, actually as HUGE.... And through me flows unlimited love and light... If you don't want to share it, and if you don't want to shine, it is up to you. Just close your eyes and pretend it's still dark. It is your desicion...
... Because You are GOD also.

"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Spirituality and Sin

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Miriamkhalifa wrote:Spirituality is for some reason viewed by christians as sin.
[face=Comic Sans MS]I am not sure where you get this from. Certainly the Christian circles that I move in would recognise a persons sprituality, and I doubt they would call it sin, certainly I have never heard it so. Perhaps your statement is too much of a generalisation and should read 'some Christians may see'......[/face]
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Yes, I agree with Hepzi here. All religion is surely about spirituality, but it does worry me that your spirituality is very much a celebration of ME - which is exactly what is wrong with Western materialism, in my view. Spirituality should also care for other people, I would think. Certainly recognise the Goddess within you, but not purely for celebrating the ME inside you.
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Very very well put LiL!!! I have had a lot of discussions in the holist circles here in Norway where it is all about freedom for the individual. No responsibility for anyone else whatsoever.

That doesn't make sense to me. What about the freedom in sharing? Freedom in giving and recieving? The freedom to do something meaningful?

But my opinion is that we should recognize our own greatness - to be able to see our power to do well, for others, for the community, and the world. :D
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Your original post made me think of the old magician, Aleistair Crowley - in the community he founded (Thelema), the motto was "Do what you wilt, shall be all of the Law" - a very egocentric attitude to say the least.

It does seem natural in our Western materialist philosophy of consumerism that self-obsessed spiritual movements do prosper - even mainstream Christianity seems to be moving towards a direct personal relationship with its god, as opposed to the original way of intervention by a priestly caste.

Nothing wrong with self-development, of course, but not at the expense of the rest of society. And by recognising the greatness within yourself, I guess you can then discover the greatness within others, both human and animal, who share the planet with you.
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

The key lies in the recognition of that we are all equally grand :)

Alistair is very interresting, would love to read up about him!