FABlux's foxes

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Wills
United Kingdom

Post by Wills »

Poor wee HH will have to report Barry to the RSPCA. :):lol::lol:

Annadongela
United Kingdom

Post by Annadongela »

I read the first line of your post 3 times Fran and couldn't understand why Barry would do that!! Makes sense to finish reading before you panic I guess!! :lol:
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

:lol: Just as well he's leaving the country isn't it?
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

It's that time of year so, as FAB and BB are away in Lux 8) ( :mrgreen: ) I thought I would remind them of what's going on in the 'foxy' world. :)

This is our dominant dog for this season and last night we could hear him and his vixen doing what frisky foxes do at this time of year. :)

We expect the cubs to arrive around 7 Feb........

Poor picture through double glazing 30 minutes ago, but he is a magnificent animal.
:gg:
Grandad :gg:
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

Its a lovely picture Grandad & what a beautiful thick coat he has.
I haven't heard from Missie for a couple of weeks and at that point she was happy but alone, maybe the fact I haven't heard means he is back & she has other things on her mind ;)
sue
United Kingdom

Post by sue »

One flew across our country road in front of me the other day, wonderful Dog fox with a fantastic bushy tail. Mine has been back once but I missed it only John caught a glimpse, still I reckon they will be regular again soon as so cold out there lately.
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

They're back :D They didn't come whilst we were away, their route in has got really overgrown.
Sunday night Missie suddenly said - "You're not in your hot place. Are you back in (image of side of the pond :? )" I said yes to which the reply was "Any food?" :roll:
No sorry, (I was already in bed) tomorrow night.
OK :D
Monday night she sent Tufty down first to double check then came down herself, we didn't see them, but tonight we have set up the camera & seen Tufty & Missie, again him first and then her but they were actually both there at the same time for a short while then she loaded up & left :)
Have you seen any more flying foxes Sue?
Annadongela
United Kingdom

Post by Annadongela »

Aww that's lovely Fran, I'm so pleased they're still ok. Can we have more piccies please?

Have you heard from 'mum'?
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

No I think the last time I clearly heard from Mum was the day the cub was run over and died in our garden last year, it was very difficult to communicate, we both had to try very hard. She had been getting more difficult to talk to for a while, we had to be physically close and even then it involved total concentration, it was as though she was losing her ability as she got older. I think she died late last year, she was quite old for a fox, I felt very empty for a couple of days late in the year, as though something was missing, even though we hadn't been in touch for a while. :cry:
Will try to get some piccies
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

We were in trouble last night :cry: We were sitting in the conservatory at 10.15 when I suddenly felt eyes boring into the back of my head. Missie was down & why wasn't her food :x It normally goes out at 10.30 but that was no excuse, so she went off in a huff :worry:

She came back later & was followed shortly after by another couple of foxes we didn't recognise, there was a lot of talking & she kept looking at us (for reassurance?) but she wasn't letting them have her food :x

One did come down & pick up a couple of biscuits from further out but didn't go up to the table, so she came back to the table & ate all the Chubb & then left. :D

Update - We are watching the recording now & the second fox has a distinctive dark mark at the side of the mouth, very handsome & quite confident despite the floodlights :) Just looked back at one of the photos from July last year (with 4 foxes) & it looks like the 1 stood beside the table so could be :?

Tufty came down about 3a.m. & cleared the rest of the food :D
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

FABlux wrote:No I think the last time I clearly heard from Mum was the day the cub was run over and died in our garden last year, it was very difficult to communicate, we both had to try very hard. She had been getting more difficult to talk to for a while, we had to be physically close and even then it involved total concentration, it was as though she was losing her ability as she got older. I think she died late last year, she was quite old for a fox, I felt very empty for a couple of days late in the year, as though something was missing, even though we hadn't been in touch for a while. :cry:
Will try to get some piccies
Sorry to hear that Mum has died. Four years is such a short time. Surprised foxes don't live longer like cats or dogs. She was exceptional.
A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

I heard a fox last night and wondered whether Sue or Grandad still had their foxes around?
sue
United Kingdom

Post by sue »

This is a blast from the past, saw the heading and thought they had followed you to luxor for a minute.
We still have them about but not as frequent in summer. It won't be long before they visit on a daily basis though. When the bat hibernates and stops doing it's circles around our back lawn, Lady comes back to visit.
Are you in touch with the people who took your house over? Just wondered if your's are still active there.
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

She must be gettibg quite old now Sue :) Do you know whether she had cubs this year?

No we never met the person that bought our house, she saw it 2 months after we left. I stayed in touch with Missie for about a year but the last time I heard she was pregnant but realised we were staying in our "hot place" & wouldn't be going back :(
sue
United Kingdom

Post by sue »

That's a shame it would have been great if they had been able to send you some updates.
I reckon Lady must have been coming about 4 years now, always on her own. We also have a couple of others who slink in and out after her, never seen her with cubs though.

Only once have I ever seen cubs here, some years ago, they woke me up at 4am playing outside my bedroom window. I was annoyed at being woke up at first and then beckoned John to come and look at them, hard to resist watching them. So easy to forgive them as well, an absolute joy to watch.
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

It's lovely to see them play & the interaction between them isn't it? :D