Dreams for Dreamweaver - please add yours

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Connie Tindale

Dreams for Dreamweaver - please add yours

Post by Connie Tindale »

I am hoping that Dreamweaver or anyone else can shed some light on this dream for me. :) :) :) :) :)

This recurrent dream that has been with me for many years and is sometimes pleasant but mildly frustrating and is sometimes terrifying to the extent that it wakes me up wanting to scream blue murder.

The dream starts outside a very very large house. The house is not always the same one but varies in style widely. It can vary from Tudor to ultra modern with lots of light and windows. I wander through this house pleased that it is mine. It has many bedrooms and lots of bathrooms. It is always a very desirable residence - but then i go into some rooms and there are huge holes in the floors that people could fall through. Or there are rooms that are haunted and which you would not want to go in. In many of them you have to go through one room to get to another.

Every now and then the house will have a horrible attic where there are unmentionable and terrifying things. I once found a dead baby up there and it upset me for weeks because this baby (which I had felt very sorry for) then bit me badly on the hand and I woke up very afraid. This baby was not mine but was something that had been there for a very long time. Decades at least.

I am phobic about rats and the worst of the houses has plagues of them. The best houses need fixing in some way but there is usually a person that causes problems over this (not a man from the ministry) so it is still frustrating.

No dead bodies that I have caused though.
Last edited by Connie Tindale on Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamweaver

Post by Dreamweaver »

A disabled writer once said that his mind was his internal castle. As long as he had his mind he could suffer the physical limitations that life threw at him. Indeed, as we age, the loss many of us fear the most is not physical decline but mental disintegration.

I think the houses in your dream are symbols for the internal castle of your mind. The various architectural styles represent different aspects of your personality. The Tudor style house symbolizes your British background; the ultra modern represents your progressive nature. Like your mind, these homes are large and expansive, with lots of windows to allow fresh air/ideas inside.

When you wander through these houses you are pleased that they are yours, in other words; you like yourself. A person consumed with self-hatred would visualize a much more oppressive or confining residence. The fact that there are many bedrooms and bathrooms means that you have space for people in your life and that other people’s comfort matters to you.

And yet, every house has it’s problem areas – those holes in the floor, “…that people can fall through.â€
Connie Tindale

Post by Connie Tindale »

Thank you so much dreameaver. That must have taken you hours. I think that you are remarkably correct in your summation of my character and my past problems, guilts and worries.

I read your interpretation with the utmost interest and it totally fascinated me to learn what has been going on inside that sleeping head of mine. This dream has been with me for donkeys years but now I think that I can tackle it.

If you think you can face it :) I do have another one. One in which I am a total failure in the care of others. I shall add it tonight.
Dreamweaver

Post by Dreamweaver »

I'm delighted to have been of help :)

Please post as many details of your caretaker dream as you can recall. I'll get right to work on it.

I really do enjoy this sort of thing :lol:
Connie Tindale

Post by Connie Tindale »

Another recurrent dream of mine sees me running some sort of zoo for small animals. There are a lot of them, all in cages which puts them in my total care. But I do not know that I am caring for them and when i go into the room where they are all kept I see that they are starving and it is my fault entirely.

I rush around madly trying to feed them all but for some it is too late and I am sure that they die. Many others are saved as I manage to get food and water down them but I feel totally devastated at my lack of care for them. Either I had totally forgotten about them or I never knew that I was supposed to care for them in the first place. I have a very strong suspicion that I am guilty of forgetting about them though. I feel extreme guilt during this dream.

I have dreamt this dream many times and the type and number of animals changes but my guilt does not.
Dreamweaver

Post by Dreamweaver »

I think the small animals in your dream represent the varied interests you would like to explore but have never gotten around too. When we’re children it seems as if there will always be time to pursue the things that attract our curiosity.

Somewhere in middle age we begin to realize that the years have gotten away from us and perhaps we’ll never be a prima ballerina or a professional jazz saxophonist. And yet there are unexplored areas we can still delve into if only we make the time. The trick is to MAKE the time. It may mean choosing one thing over another. Triaging what’s most important and accepting we might not get to do everything.

By giving up some dreams we make ourselves available to engage in others. The same can be said of relationships. There are only so many hours in a day and days in a life. Don’t be too hard on yourself for allowing some people or interests to fall away. By not spreading yourself too thin you can discover in greater depth the things that matter most.
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

These were very interresting dreams and good interpretations! I have also dreamt a lot about my big house, lately I have been discovering new rooms and floors, and I have found that stairs that I thought was broken, are okay anyway :D
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
TIM

Post by TIM »

Interesting. I have recurring house dreams myself and a friend of mine interpreted them similarly to the above. I think the many-roomed house as symbol for the subconscious mind is quite likely. Does Dreamweaver still visit the forum?
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

TIM wrote: Does Dreamweaver still visit the forum?
[face=Comic Sans MS]No, or at least not visably on line.[/face]
Last Online Duration: 00:18:45
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

I am good at dreams, if somebody needs help interpreting, post it ... or send me a pm.

Actually writing a book on dreams :)
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
TIM

Post by TIM »

Of course, I don't really believe we can learn anything by interpreting dreams ;) BUT -

For the past few months a great number of my dreams have included interaction with animals; animals of all kinds including dogs, cattle, fish and birds. What is particularly noticeable is that I am usually very close to the animals - either I approach close to them, or them to me. For instance, in a recent dream a peregrine falcon flew up so close that I could see all its markings and identify its species.

And there seems to be some sense in which I am communicating directly with them, either initiated by me or them. In some of the dreams another person notices this but they cannot communicate with the animals themsleves. In a recent rather bizarre version the animals in question were some black calves that I notced were all sitting down and had ribs showing - a bit like the thin cattle in Joesph's dream in the Bible story!

The main reason I would be interested in hearing if anyone might have a theory about this is simply that the dreams are becoming so frequent!

With thanks -
Yours in delusion,
Tim
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

I don't make any attempt at dream analysis, I very rarely dream or at least rarely recall them :oops:

Have you tried communicating with animals? Maybe it is a latent ability that your visits to Egypt have caused to surface & your dreams are trying to make you aware of it. :?

I have been able to do it for years but certainly it has become stronger since becoming a regular visitor and then living in Egypt ;)

If you do try, remember animals awareness of self is different to ours (1 of our cats image of self was 2 white paws :roll: ) & they think, or certainly communicate, in images and emotions not words. You could try with an animal you are familiar with, maybe 1 is already trying to contact you ;)

If you have any questions just ask & I will try to answer them.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

I use Dreamweaver to design websites!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

Found this link Tim.....
http://www.animaldreaming.com/
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

TIM

Post by TIM »

Thanks, folks for the links. A quick update - had another of these dreams last night - I'm doing whatever, and a red deer stag walks right up to me and then away again. Very strange.

An update foloowing on from Fran's points. I have had reason to believe over the past three years or so that my ability to 'empathise' with other animals that I noticed as a child is sort of developing further. By this I don't mean that I can actually communicate with them but I feel that they can sense that I feel at one with them rather than seeing myself as human and them as 'other'. You can imagine that for this reason I was a little cross when it was recently suggested that I was 'speciesist' - in fact I believe I am one of very few humans who are not!

A couple of little examples. We have a pond at the bottom of our garden which has a strong breeding population of frogs and, more recently, newts. We also had a pond in the garden I gew up in as a child and I used to spend a lot of time observing the newts in all the phases of their life cycle. The main problem faced by our frogs is the large population of local cats which poses as serious threat to the local wildlife generally, as cats do. Nextdoor's cats in particular kill quite a lot of frogs during the course of the year and all the cats get stuck in at mating time (usually late Feb, early March) taking swipes at the frogs while they are mating. This is quite distressing as you find the frogs floating there, bleeding to death from deep scratch wounds and in many cases they are decapitated and so on. I am not generally a believer in interfering with nature, but of course this is not nature. The fondness of humans for cats means that there are far too many of these efficient killers around and in time they would certainly wipe out the population of frogs.

So over the past couple of years I have started putting netting up over the pond at mating time which keeps the cats away. Of course, they still kill a few on their way up to the pond, but overall this has been a great success and last year, in particular, I was really pleased to see a bumper crop of tadpoles! The point of all this is that over the years I have a sort of feeling that the frogs have come to recognise that I 'work on their behalf'. What this amounts to is simple things like they don't swim away when I approach the pond and in many cases let me pick them up and move them around the garden when I think there is feline danger.

People will be thinking, of course, that I am anti-cat. I am not. I am not anti anything, we all have to live together. And by and large I get on OK with the local cats and those that know me are comfortable in my presence - unless I find them attacking the frogs! But unfortunately cats are just too 'popular' among suburban human populations and cause a lot of damage.

Growing up as a kid we had dogs and I had a very good understanding with them, by which I mean there was quite a bit of communication that was sort of telepathic or through gesture, rather than spoken. In recent years my children had a pet rabbit and effectively I looked after it, putting it out in its run every morning and bringing it inside every evening and so on. And in the end I felt quite close to him. For example, did you know that rabbits make quite a lot of sound? People think they are silent but if you get up close they make sort of humming sounds which vary according to 'mood'.

Part of the point of why I am coming out with all this - and risking coming across as a complete nutter! - is that I feel humans have almost lost an innate ability which we have to communicate with other animals. Note I say 'other animals' because many people are in situations where they see themselves as human 'other' in relation to an 'animal' pet and in many cases I feel this leads to an unhealthy over-sentimentality. To me it is vitally important for the future of all species on this planet that we get back to seeing ourselves as an integral part of the animal world rather than standing aloof from it. There is no doubt that the monotheistic religions have done a lot of damage in this regard. And it is also important that we learn the difference between caring for animals because they are cute, or give us a warm emotional response, and caring for them because they and us are part of a greater whole.

Right, just off to see the doctor, dear....
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

From what you say Tim maybe you should develop your ability to empathise with other species.

Like you I have rescued frogs from cats in the past, including being caught by a friend whilst spraying 1 to remove the fluff because it had taken refuge behind the fridge :oops: & find that if you send the right "waves" to them they find it far less stressful :) Don't forget to moisten your hands before handling them if at all possible, (a quick dunk in a pond or puddle will do) they find dry human skin quite painful :(
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

OK Dr Doolittle - I CAN see where you are coming from as I love my cats dearly but they are enclosed in their own run which keeps them safe and happy and other wildlife - frogs birds safer too :)
I had a disaster as I found 2 frogs frozen in the pond this year - one poor thing had obviously come up for air as its mouth was still open but it had frozen in the ice - very distressing so I hope we have some more this year as I do love the frogs :)
Its other peoples cats I get frustrated with especially this time of year when there is more activity :(
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

drwho

Post by drwho »

My only recurring dream from birth is of one learning to fly, over the years i've become quite proficient, they are more explicate but less occurring than in my youth..Weird or What ? doesn't even relate much to my studies of 'obe's, my tutors related ones dreams as to: 'things exiting your frontal brain, Whatever.....8)
TIM

Post by TIM »

FABlux wrote:Don't forget to moisten your hands before handling them if at all possible, (a quick dunk in a pond or puddle will do) they find dry human skin quite painful :(
Good advice for young people everywhere, Fran! ;)