Deja vu

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Deja vu

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

have you ever experienced Deja vu?? In what kind of situation was that, ? And why and how does this happen do you think??

"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Personally I have, although it would seem more so in the past than in recent times just being in a situation and knowing what would happen next or seeing people do things you knew would happen- a very strange and inexplicable experience :)

Some believe déjà vu is the memory of dreams. Though the majority of dreams are never remembered, a dreaming person can display activity in the areas of the brain that process long-term memory. It has been speculated that dreams read directly into long-term memory, bypassing short-term memory entirely. In this case, déjà vu might be a memory of a forgotten dream with elements in common with the current waking experience. This may be similar to another phenomenon known as déjà rêvé, or "already dreamed."

If there is failure in the temporal lobe due to illness or degeneration - the circuits that are activated when you remember something have become stuck in the "on" position, so to speak. This has essentially created memories that don't actually exist

Since déjà vu occurs in individuals with and without a medical condition, there is much speculation as to how and why this phenomenon happens. Several psychoanalysts attribute déjà vu to simple fantasy or wish fulfillment, while some psychiatrists ascribe it to a mismatching in the brain that causes the brain to mistake the present for the past. Many parapsychologists believe it is related to a past-life experience.
We have all some experience of a feeling, that comes over us occasionally, of what we are saying and doing having been said and done before, in a remote time - of our having been surrounded, dim ages ago, by the same faces, objects, and circumstances - of our knowing perfectly what will be said next, as if we suddenly remember it! :D
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

crazycat
United Kingdom

Post by crazycat »

Gosh yes, lots of times but the freakiest was when I was going to a concert in Sheffield, a town I'd never been to before and I knew exactly where I was going, no maps or directions needed. I'd dreamt about it months earlier and in the dream I was even seeing the same band. As I was driving along the roads I knew exactly where to turn. It even freaked out my friends who were with me. Have had deja-vu on a smaller scale many times but that incident still freaks me out :)
when she was good she was very very good but when she was bad she was better :snig:
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Haven't we had this topic before ;)

Seriously, many, many years ago my father had to spend some time in a hospital away from home. Eventually I was taken to see him and as we approached the place I was aware that I knew the exact layout of the driveway and buildings. My mother was disturbed by my knowledge as I had never been there before :(

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

[face=Comic Sans MS]Yes, I've had the experience of Deja vu many times in my life, probably more frequently in my early teens but it still happens, often in phases ie I won't experience it for ages and then I seem to have a number of experiences in a relatively short space of time, albeit weeks. The strange thing is that rather like dreams, now I'm trying to recall a specific incident I can't remember anything.

Another thing that happens to me is that I often know who is ringing me before I go near the telephone, or I know it's going to ring seconds before it does. I don't mean regular callers or friends that I'm anticipating to ring me but people that I haven't heard of in a long while. I even anticipated an email a couple of weeks ago and I haven't seen or heard from this person since I dropped them off at the airport 3 years ago when they emigrated to South America![/face]
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
SoCalledEgyptologist

Post by SoCalledEgyptologist »

I've had deja vu many times, but for me it is only a feeling (strong feeling) that I have experience all of this before and I know exactly what the next person will say before they say it. This is NOT a pleasant experience for me, as it makes me feel like "groundhogs day" and gives me the feeling that im just living my life on repeat :( I like to think I am movin forward and not back!!!

Last time was in the airport in amsterdam, waiting for the flight to Egypt. Suddenly I just knew exactly what would happen, who would go to the toilet and who would say what. It makes me feel kind of sick! :?

And I like to believe the theory of the brain just mixing up signals, and storing short term memories in the long term memory bank!
Mimimay
United Kingdom

Post by Mimimay »

Now that you mentioned it I realise that I haven't experienced Deja vu for a while. Another thing that used to happen quite often to me was that I would dream of someone who I hadn't seen for a long time and very shortly afterward I would see them.
Different eyes see different things......different hearts beat different strings Image