The ennagram

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

The ennagram

Post by jewel »

Revealed: The mystical symbol that holds the key to your personality and could change your life

For 20 years, he was a priest in the Church of England - then gave it up to start life anew. Today, he is a writer and a leader of spiritual retreats. In a remarkable new book, he reveals the secrets of the Enneagram: an ancient symbol that can offer you life-changing insights into your own personality and that of those around you

Deep inside every one of us lies our true self - imprisoned by our false, outward personality. This false personality is not just the face we show to others, it's also the face we show to ourselves and which we've come to believe in as true. But it is a usurper.

To enter the castle of our psyche, disarm the guards, unlock the door of the cell, remove the iron mask and set free the rightful heir within - well, this requires much courage. Yet, even more than courage, it requires honesty. ...............................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -life.html

Is this something you possess? I suspect it is - which could make the Enneagram a rather enlightening friend for you.
It is an odd word - pronounced Enny-a-gram - but announces a time-honoured way of understanding the human psyche, which is at once ancient and modern. Developed more than 1,500 years ago by both Sufi and Christian mystics, it was overhauled in the 20th century using the disciplines of Western psychology.
It starts with a symbol that looks like a nine-pointed star contained within a circle. The symbol identifies nine types of personality - nine ways of being. Each type is different, with different genius and darkness attached to it. And the intriguing truth is that one of these nine types is you.
Shortly, we will describe these nine ways of being. In this portrait gallery, you will find everyone who has ever lived - past, present and future. Every prime minister, pope, president and parent; every conman, murderer and tyrant; every boss, sporting hero and celebrity; every sister, every brother, every teacher, every friend.
It is fascinating to turn fresh eyes on such people. Most of all, however, you will find yourself - and it is a homecoming you deserve.
The Enneagram will describe you even better than you can describe yourself. Almost unbelievable, perhaps, but after 20 years of working with the Enneagram, in many and varied settings, I have seen it happen too often to doubt it.
Here you will find your true self, perhaps for the first time in your life. Because strangely, self-knowledge is often the last treasure we dig from the mine of our experience - and some never do.
It's not an easy process. The Enneagram has uncomfortable truths to tell us about the compulsions and fears that we each allow to govern our lives. So long as we are ruled by these desperate habits, the false king is on the throne. But the Enneagram also lets us glimpse the very best part of ourselves - and invites us to set that inner self free.

I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

drwho

Post by drwho »

Any priest is a bit suspect....in my book.
To the serious researcher, It also depicts the alternating intermitting shedding of time as related in the children's nursery rhyme 'hickory dickory dock' and is (slightly) older than Christianity & Sufism.
Reminiscent of that crap book called 'secrets'
Tick-tock, tick-tock,tick..... 8)
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

So, now we only have 9 'boxes' to put the entire population of the world in, instead of the 12 of astrology!

Still, no doubt the gullible will buy the book by the shedload!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
marvin-carrie
United Kingdom

Post by marvin-carrie »

There a bit of me in all the nine boxes, so it makes no sense at all :?

Marvin
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Agreed, Marvin!

However, if anyone wants to know more about this pseudobabble, try taking a look at http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/intro.asp where you can buy a test for $10 to tell you which of the 9 categories you belong to!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
dab19

Post by dab19 »

marvin-carrie wrote:There a bit of me in all the nine boxes, so it makes no sense at all :?

Marvin
Same here....Mind you only scanned it, but he hasn't got a good word to say about anybody, has he? Have printed if off to read in the loo..............down which it may well be flushed!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:
Dabby.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

where you can buy a test for $10 to tell you which of the 9 categories you belong to!
And.....have you stan? If so what were the results??

I found my stress points which are 3 and 5 so will continue the analysis tomorrow ....well, you never know ;) :lol:
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Sounds a bit like Carolyn Myss's stuff, she wrote a book called Entering the Castle. There was also another one about personality types
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN