Medieval Tarot Cards

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Mrs. Doubtfire
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Medieval Tarot Cards

Post by Mrs. Doubtfire »

If any witches or wizards would like a set of 74 medieval tarot cards, I have them on my data-base. You can download them in any size you want and print them off on card. There is no copyright problem, and I do understand that they work better than modern tarot cards. Here is a small sample, but if you should happen to want the set, you would need to send me a private message with an e.mail address, otherwise you will have scarabs all over them, and these might interfere with their magic potential!

JOJO
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Palestine

Post by JOJO »

Yikes they look a bit grizzley, I'll stick to my Harmonious Tarot cards
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

I have an ancient set of the "Egyptian oracle" Ra-mat cards - haven't used them in ages but they are very good, and good to do a reading -you can see them here

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/an ... an-oracle/
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Mrs. Doubtfire
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Mrs. Doubtfire »

But they dont work Jewels, These medieval ones are guaranteed never to fail!

Here is 'strength': (which bypassed me)

Ghadis

Post by Ghadis »

Mrs. Doubtfire wrote:But they dont work Jewels, These medieval ones are guaranteed never to fail!
Yes, but the act of downloading them and then printing them out on card using printer ink would rob them of 76.8% of their magic potential. Which leaves 23.2% magic and that works out as 0.29% per card and you couldn't divine a set of traffic lights with that.

I'll stick to my trusty Crowley/Harris Thoth deck falling back on the use of animal entrails for more in-depth readings.

They are very beautiful cards though Mrs D. Are they Italian?
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

What says they don't work mrs d? I should like to try you with them sometime (for a small fee);)

The Oracle is similar to Tarot -- a time-honored tradition of interpreting a pattern of cards to gain insight and achieve greater control over issues involving relationships, opportunities, and life changes. While Tarot is over 500 years old, the Egyptian Oracle Tarot is over 3,000 years old.
Like Tarot, the Oracle is a guide through our subconscious, allowing us to view our options and make wise choices for our future. It is the key that allows us passage through the doorway of the mind, and entry into the territory of the spirit - the province of the divine.
The Oracle is more in depth than Tarot and each reading should be studied carefully to get the full meaning. The cards are not divided into suits like Tarots cards; rather they are divided by Egyptian Deities (giving guidance to cope with life events), Pylons cards (showing environmental influences), Cubit cards (showing feelings, strengths and weaknesses) and Arit cards (giving planetary influences

http://www.learntarot.com/eodesc.htm
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Ghadis

Post by Ghadis »

The good thing about extispicy is that you never have to get into futile discussions about how old something is before it will work. :)
Mrs. Doubtfire
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Mrs. Doubtfire »

But surely the 'art' of the diviner works through the fingers and the cards, and these particular cards have been fingered by some of the greatest diviners on record.

These particular cards are believed to be the very first tarot cards and dated to 1455. They are indeed famous Visconti Sforza cards and I believe the deck, copies of which I have here, are from the Colleioni-Baglioni deck of which there are 74 cards. The Tarot system was commissioned by Vicount Sforza who was I believe the Duke of Milan. So this particular deck of cards would have been handled and fingered by the originator of the system and should contain all the original magic down the centuries. And this magic is embeded in the image, and it doesnt really matter whether or not it is the original painting, or later printings. The image is the thing and is what guides the diviner to make his/her utterances.

this is the wheel of forutune. Cant you just feel the power coming through from this image?

Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

lovely cards, but as Dolly Parton said; The magic is inside you, there is no crystal ball.
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
Rachel turner

Tarot cards

Post by Rachel turner »

i did own a lovelly set of tarot cards and could read them for friends and family - i seemed to just have a knack for it - i may get another pack and start practising again .- I may then be able to predict my future instead of some egyptian trying to. (sorry about that Im feeling miffed)