Do you beleive that your dear deceased visit?

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Aromagician
New Zealand

Do you beleive that your dear deceased visit?

Post by Aromagician »

Many people hear and feel the presence of those that have passed on that are close to them. Or those that are ancestors. Some feel them, when a particular special song comes on the radio at a time when they are thinking of them.

Or words may come out of your mouth that are just what they would have said, but there is more to it.

Some feel a shiver, or heat, etc.

You could say they are co-incidences, but often when people experience such encounters they "Know" it is real. And do not seem to care if anyone beleives them or not,
Have you had such experiences?

Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN
Kiya
United Kingdom

Post by Kiya »

It will be 7yrs come August since my mum passed away, A few months later after she passed I was in bed not thinking of anything in particular but a good nights sleep when all of a sudden I heard her say my name, I was taken aback to start with & wondered where a heck did that come from, it was her voice & only she always called me by my full name which she spoke at that moment, the rest of the family always shortened my name or had a favourite name for me.
I cant pin point which direction the voice came from but it did seem to be above me.
Strange, but true.
[flash width=270 height=14 loop=true]ad_signatures//kiya-sig.swf[/flash]
Wild iris

Post by Wild iris »

My husband died suddenly 5 years ago aged 46. I often sense that he is around, particularly if I'm stressed or worried about where to go next. As my kids are all grown up and away in college and working it makes me feel that I'm not alone. I have to admit that I often talk to him if I have a problem and usually an answer comes to me out of the blue. He was the love of my life and I don't think death breaks bonds like that.

Maybe I'm just nuts :lol:

I forgot to say that my 3 kids feel that he is looking out for them sometimes, even the youngest (21) who says she doesn't believe in "all that stuff"
Karenh

Post by Karenh »

I never used to believe in this but after my father died suddenly which was 26 years ago, I still have the feeling when Im really having mega problems that he is with me helping me through them. It usually happens when Im alone it feels like a strange peaceful feeling takes over and afterwards the problems never seem so big and I can usually sort them out.
A day without laughter is a day wasted
Wild iris

Post by Wild iris »

Karenh wrote:I never used to believe in this but after my father died suddenly which was 26 years ago, I still have the feeling when Im really having mega problems that he is with me helping me through them. It usually happens when Im alone it feels like a strange peaceful feeling takes over and afterwards the problems never seem so big and I can usually sort them out.
That is what I was trying to describe Karenh but you did it much better :)
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Wild iris wrote:My husband died suddenly 5 years ago aged 46. I often sense that he is around, particularly if I'm stressed or worried about where to go next. As my kids are all grown up and away in college and working it makes me feel that I'm not alone. I have to admit that I often talk to him if I have a problem and usually an answer comes to me out of the blue. He was the love of my life and I don't think death breaks bonds like that.

Maybe I'm just nuts :lol:

I forgot to say that my 3 kids feel that he is looking out for them sometimes, even the youngest (21) who says she doesn't believe in "all that stuff"

No you're not nuts. I have a close friend who was widowed suddenly several years ago and she often says her dear husband is still there watching over her and often hears his voice. And I can see that. He was always very protective. And she is very sensitive to spiritual things.

Sometimes he can be very humorous. She had the door to the bath in her bedroom removed and one night she said she woke up because she clearly heard his voice say "WHAT THE F*** HAPPENED TO MY DOOR!?" We all laughed because that is exactly what he would have said.
A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Ah what lovely posts.

We were all having a birthday dinner for my nephew who has just turned 8 yrs the other night. WE had travelled to the town where I grew up, and were eating with lots of my relations.

I started talking about my cousin Kelvin that died at 22(his parents were there), then came out with a terribly rude saying that I heard my Nana once say, and finished off with a very rude joke my nephews mother used to say when she was single, at parties. Then I felt a rush of heat and intense emotion, and felt as though they were all here watching our celebration.( It was not embarressment, as I dont embarress easily, and was brought up a publicans daughter.)

It sounds obscure, but it is quite lovely to feel that we are not seperated by death. That love continues.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Strange that only women have replied to this topic so far! Might it be more to do with their greater powers of imagination than men?

If one is dead, it might be possible to argue that one's essence has passed to a higher dimension - but if so, why hang around in this dimension?
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Strange that you would look for such gender distinction Stan.
Women have always been known to be more sensitive to spiritual matters than men.

In Maori women always welcome people on to the tribal marae( meeting house) as women are the ones that open the doors to the spirit world.

Often a woman welcomes the dead in many cultures. ( the men judge them)

Regards
Clandestino

Post by Clandestino »

My first friend died for long time ago, and I saw him till I vent to Athens for doing the Paralympics. Till that time i wasn't able to give his used clothes, books and personal things for anybody - but i often thought about this, and his room stood untouched for many years. Then the poeple, in whose house my friend this room rented, wanted to sell the house, and I was very angry about them, I felt, his memory is broken... I often dreamed with him and thought his way if thinking by allday situations, I often sketched his face on each pieces of paper, and the tattoos on my body is also for his memory - i thought he will be always with me on my skin...
I had a spiritual man, Geza, he told me my friend isn't so happy here, his spirit is in a chain, close to the aerth and he isn't able to go away - but I also wasn't asble to let him go. Geza tried to help us, to let him free but after doing some hocuspocus' - nothing happened...

In Athens i rode for his memory - because he also was a dressage rider in his life - and I felt blemish because i didn't got any suitable horse and I wasn't able to get a good result - like building a memory using mudbrick against white marmor stones. But he seems to be satisfied, because he was been coming at night, one night before my last competition day, he made me quiet abd calm and then he newer came again... I never will forget him, but I forgot to think "using his way of thinking", i forgot to draw his face in each moment, and i packed his clothes and many thigs together and presented them for friends, kids and homeless people. Once in a year I went to the cemetery - agains each weekend like before.

Then, unfortunately, i was living alone for long days - then I became beloved again, in a time i thought i never will be able to love anybody after my first "high quality" spiritual contact. You cannot believe, the second man in my life is also died... He never came back to visit me, and i never dreamed with him since i'm alone again...

I think, men also feel something like this, but in this world, wich is about "dry reality", the people're thinking, sometimes it's blemish to talk about thing like this - also my family wasn't able to understand me when my first friend died, the most of people 're thinking, death is the finish of human being, body and soul not exists more, and i think, it's the case because people're afraid from death.
"Qui multum peregrinatur, raro sanctifcatur..."
(Homer)
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Lovely story Clandestino. Thank you for sharing.
A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

I'm very glad you and your first friend felt release after Athens, it was good for you both to be able to let go Clandes.

Thank you all for sharing, it must be a great help to have somebody there to help you in difficult times.
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

LivinginLuxor wrote:Strange that only women have replied to this topic so far! Might it be more to do with their greater powers of imagination than men?

If one is dead, it might be possible to argue that one's essence has passed to a higher dimension - but if so, why hang around in this dimension?
I think men are more reluctent to let their inner feelings show. And a topic like this would be inner feelings.

As to why spirits would hang around, reach back, or whatever, no one knows the answer to that yet. In my friend's case, I think it would be because she was completely devastated after his death and he wanted to comfort her as much as possible. He loved her dearly and that is an emotional and spiritual bond that is hard to break.
~Mark Twain~
Karenh

Post by Karenh »

I agree with PR chick ~ a lot of men dont like to admit to inner feelings as some feel that it is a weakness and admiting to feeling that a loved one is still with them after death and is able to help/comfort them would possibly feel like a weakness.
When we die I do believe that in some instances something is left behind to help/support the people you loved and some people are lucky enough to feel this which helps them through there life. There is so many instances when one really thinks about it. Even certain animals are more sensitive to this than others like Cats and dogs.
A day without laughter is a day wasted
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

in the Maori culture they have an "unveiling ceremony" a year after the person dies. This is when the headstone is placed on the grave.
It is at this time, that the spirit is expected to "move on" if they have still been close to the earth.

Yet even after that, the Maori beleive that their ancestors are always with them. AS do many other cultures.

One of my friends neighbours, is from Vietnam, and the Grandmother announced one day that her husband was no longer happy ( deceased) as his bones had been moved. So they all went over to Vietnam to see what had happened. Sure enough they had been, as the land had been sold where he was buried.

They located them, and moved them, and all were happy once again.
No one questioned the relevance of the Mothers communication with the deceased at all. Different cultures sometimes have a more tolerant understanding of such matters.