Egyptian food blogs

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

stratagems

Egyptian food blogs

Post by stratagems »

I've found a great Syrian food blog: syrianfoodie.blogspot.com, and was wondering whether any of you know of any Egyptian food blogs? I can't seem to find any, but there must be one decent one out there. Syrian food looks a bit more complex than Egyptian, but it would still be nice to have one to read.

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I don't know of any. Maybe a few of us should start one! Anyone interested?
stratagems

Post by stratagems »

Yes, please! Pictures would be fantastic. I always get confused with desserts, because I know what they look like, but don't know which ones they are from people's descriptions. Egyptian cuisine seems simpler than the Lebanese or Syrian, for example - is that perhaps why there aren't any blogs?

Anyway, I've found an Egyptian food blog:
chahirakitchen.blogspot.com [English - dishes, bread, etc.]
chahiraelkhabira.blogspot.com [Arabic - desserts]

There's a general Mid-Eastern food blog as well:
arabic-food.blogspot.com/

Chahira also made the most amazing birthday cake - a genie one. The decoration is astounding. The blog's not as nicely presented as the syrian foodie one, but it looks good so far.

I imagine most people already know about the Egyptian cuisine website, which consists of lots of recipes for dishes, starters and desserts.
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

"I imagine most people already know about the Egyptian cuisine website, which consists of lots of recipes for dishes, starters and desserts."

Which one LB?
Carpe diem! :le:
Ebikatsu

Post by Ebikatsu »

Teslam al Ayadi on Fatafeat is great!! :mrgreen:

Arab woman in the kitchen making kebabs day before yesterday.

Ingredients

I family size box of Americana frozen kebabs!!!
1 frying pan
1 cup of oil

:?

Seriously!! this was a cooking programme :lol:

On another there was a cake with layers of cream.

Cream preparation:
Take 3 packets of Dream Cream topping powder and mix with milk and whip up!!! :mrgreen:

I miss Jamie Oliver and Nigella :(
"I think I may have swine flu…….I've come out in rashers "

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

wasfasahla.com

The Cammouniya recipe there is the one I use all the time. When we have guests I always serve it. But the site also has a lot of non-Egyptian recipes.

Chahira's blog doesn't have many Egyptian recipes on it though. Looks like a lot of foreign sweets.

Is Teslam Ayadi the one with the women sitting around chatting? I watched that the other day and they were so annoying I couldn't even sit through an entire recipe. So far Chef Andrew's program is the only one that I really like on Fatafeat.
drwho

Post by drwho »

It's a terrible fact that the only Michelin starred restaurant is in S Africa, there is only One restaurant of merit from Alex to Cape Town.
Why: Food here is for sustenance and not for pleasure.
The quality of produce is sadly lacking besides being covered in herbicides, phosphates ect a quality restaurant uses only quality produce.
Adrere Amellal, Siwa grows their own produce thereby ensuring quality dining.
How can some restaurants charge £250 per head for a tasting menu, when other have no custom You can charge for quality, it's in short supply at that end of the market there is no such thing as a 'quiet day and these restaurants only open 6 months of the year. To book ? 2 years in advance.
My dream, to bring quality dining to Luxor, Why ? plane ticket costs are increasing.
Also at your age in life don't you think that you deserve the best or at least try it before you die.
Food is sustenance to work, if you don't have to work, then enjoy.
Thank God for Fanny Craddock and the likes, else we would still be eating hours of steamed cabbage and brussel sprouts. "I rest my case, just a bit of a rant, back to work...8)
Rachel turner

Post by Rachel turner »

website suite 101.com has a few recipes - easy ones for us newbies .
Friends are like stars -you dont always see them but they are always there........