Has anyone ever seen a ghost?

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Has anyone ever seen a ghost?

Post by pinkmagic »

My sister has booked for me and her to go on a 'fright night' in a very haunted location in our city. This involves ghost hunts and the opportunity to take part in seances etc and I am absolutely bricking myself at the prospect!
I am a firm believer in the supernatural but have never actually seen anything myself and was wondering if any of you others have. Your spooky stories here please!

FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

I have & they are not at all spooky :) It was an old lady & she was in my parents house just looking down at one of the kids in a cot, it was just before my parents moved out & until then we had only ever heard her walking up the stairs (everybody who stayed in the house heard her) but that night she stayed for us to see her :)
Her good bye I suppose
Don't be scared
Zaydine
Post by Zaydine »

Yes, Pinkmagic I see and/or sense ghosts and I can also tell you that mostly they're not scary. I've been seeing them since I was 3yrs old and I know within seconds if there is one in any place I enter and also if they're no threat to anyone. Mostly I don't mention it because others become fearful but sometimes I forget.

Once in my house I was getting very frustrated by 'someone' in my kitchen getting in my way, I went marching into my lounge and said to my ex: " just who are we sharing this house with today because they're getting on my nerves" He just answered " oh, there was a man on the settee just a minute ago but he's gone now" And I said " Yes, because now he's in the ****** kitchen !"

I then remembered our friend was also in the lounge, who was now sitting with his mouth dropped open, completely gobsmacked that we could have what was to him such a strange conversation as if it was normal. Which it was to us.
Have loving acceptance of all that is.......
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

- Oh, I've seen several ghosts, but have no spooky stories about them at all. But I'm sure your sister and you will keep each other scared. Last time I saw a ghost was in Cairo last week.
DIANA

Post by DIANA »

My daughter moved into an apartment near me about two years ago and although I had never 'seen' anything 'supernatural' ever, I was aware on the day she moved in that a hazy figure was visable moving along the hallway and saw it on two occasions. At the time I didn't say anything but recently my daughter told me that a friend had come round for drinks and claims to have seen a figure in the hallway, again on two occasions.
I dismissed it as being the result of too much wine, but it sounds exactly as I had seen it and i decided not to tell my daughter as she is of a nervous disposition and will want to move out of her lovely new apartment. Strange that she has seen nothing, although she is the occupant.

I work in an old building which used to be an inn and have felt a hand on my shoulder and around my waist on several occasions. Others have experienced this too although nobody has actually seen anything.
pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Post by pinkmagic »

Where was the ghost in Cairo Bennu? What was it doing and how did you know it was a ghost?
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

pinkmagic wrote:Where was the ghost in Cairo Bennu? What was it doing and how did you know it was a ghost?
- Don’t know how I know, just know. I lived with a ghost for many years and hardly thought about it until I moved to a place with an apparant lack of ghosts. Someone asked me, if I believed in ghosts, and I replied: Do you believe in postmen? That’s (almost) how normal they are to me, and I don’t find them interesting. The one last week simply crossed the Corniche near Garden City, and I have no idea, why they always appear there :? . Since it was the Corniche, I ignored him like I ignore living males in the Corniche in Luxor, but of course, they can be stranger strangers than ghosts...

- Sorry for not contributing to the excitement you build up for your "Fright Night" :lol: which will probably be more of a sensation than our little everyday stories. But let's hear about your meeting with the ghosts :D sounds thrilling :lol: .
pinkmagic
United Kingdom

Post by pinkmagic »

Just to update you, the 'Fright night' was great and so much fun. It took place in what used to be a jail and court house between approx 1450 and the early 1990's.
There was various talks and vigils with different mediums you could take part in, or you could wander off into the pitch dark, cells, tunnels and dungeons and do your own thing. We took part in a couple of the organized activities which was fun and then decided to take a wander. We made our way to a tunnel where convicts used to be held awaiting transportation to Australia and turned off our torches. We witnessed a bright ball of light dancing in the doorway and when we asked the spirits to communicate by whistling we heard a clear and tuneful disembodied whistle back!
My sister took many photos and most of them contained orbs. one of the excersize yard contained about 10 orbs and a misty apparition! I will try to post it when she gets around to e-mailing it to me. She also saw the apparition of a dog!
Rather then being scary (of course I was a bit scared!) I found the whole experience amazing and it has just whetted my interest in the paranormal even more. I can't wait to do it again!
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

:oo - OIUK..! :))