Orbs...? A serious Question...

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

drwho

Orbs...? A serious Question...

Post by drwho »

I would love to know peoples' views regarding orbs, those round things one sees on pictures, they used be fashionable on 'Polaroid cameras' in the 60's but now seemed to have turned into 'angels or something, your views from a youthful concerned 'seeker of truth..cheers.. 8)

crazycat
United Kingdom

Post by crazycat »

annadongela and myself had orbs on some egypt pics a few years ago and posted them on here, the topic got quite heated if I remember. One of my friends who's a paranormal investigator and archaeologist got quite excited about them. Probably just tricks of light though
when she was good she was very very good but when she was bad she was better :snig:
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Orbs generally appear on flash photos with digital cameras - they hardly ever appeared on film cameras, for some unknown reason. The best explanation I've seen is that they are caused by dust particles in the air, illuminated by the flash. I have many photos in dark places where I needed to use flash with orbs on them - inside temples for instance, but since I no longer use flash in such situations, using a low light setting on my camera, they don't occur anymore.

Take a look at these sites for more information:-

http://www.ghoststudy.com/main/fakepageorbs.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(optics)
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Think most orbs are grains of dust lit up by flash :) However I saw some strange pics from inside the Kheops (yes I know. no photo.) where one could see a large glowing orb over the head of one man and it appeared in all the photos and from all angles :) Strange and nice :)
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
drwho

Post by drwho »

I tend to agree on the above comments, but came across a site based in Luxor that has over 50 pictures of Orbs and they seem to think that they 'angels, imps, energy spots whatever, personally I think that they need a 'touchstone of reality, i.e. get a grip there's enough magic in the World to marvel at without mad theories..8)
WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by WIZARD »

My lace orbes have now changed to little red crosses on small white boxes within a clear box edged in white.
WIZARD
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

WIZARD wrote:My lace orbes have now changed to little red crosses on small white boxes within a clear box edged in white.
Mine too :) something to do with ley lines methinks ;)
crazycat
United Kingdom

Post by crazycat »

I will add that we got 'orbs' on film, not digital and no flash!
when she was good she was very very good but when she was bad she was better :snig:
drwho

Post by drwho »

Quote:I will add that we got 'orbs' on film, not digital and no flash!
So what does that say, The Turin Shroud is real, The Archangel Michael is dropping in or just another scientific anomaly.......8)
PS: I developed a knack once of seeing lay lines from my peripheral vision but lost it.
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

Of course most orbs have a natural explanation. But what was really the use og this thread? Making fun?
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
drwho

Post by drwho »

No my 'gast was flabbered upon seeing a retreat-center placing so much importance on them.
Having been in many 'alternative organizations/cults/religions, trying to seek the truth and taking a stand against 'conmen/stupidity/lack of common-sense, also having witnessed many unexplained phenomena of the physical and ethereal.
PS: if you cannot have fun whilst seeking that which is normally unavailable to the masses then best get of the game.
Today's Papers...
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/wor ... 38547.html
crazycat
United Kingdom

Post by crazycat »

drwho wrote:Quote:I will add that we got 'orbs' on film, not digital and no flash!
So what does that say, The Turin Shroud is real, The Archangel Michael is dropping in or just another scientific anomaly.......8)
PS: I developed a knack once of seeing lay lines from my peripheral vision but lost it.
was just saying there isn't always an explanation :mrgreen:
drwho

Post by drwho »

Oh yes their is, your experience and depth needs developing, similar to the statement 'no-one knows what happens after the death of the psychical, you should try asking the 'Pop as he, is meant to-be the mouth-piece of God. Spare me.. 1.3 billion devotees reckons he knows all the answers,
bet he doesn't even know why his shoes have no soles, a very simple question, any ideas...8)
Over to you Catholics for the correct answer......
Ebikatsu

Post by Ebikatsu »

The last few days little orbs have been floating down my screen Doc.
Should I call in Mulder and Scully?
"I think I may have swine flu…….I've come out in rashers "

Once bitten

Post by Once bitten »

Ebikatsu wrote:The last few days little orbs have been floating down my screen Doc.
Should I call in Mulder and Scully?
Yes! but make sure you do it from a grotty mens room in the back of a run down bar and have to sneak out to the back alley full of rubbish bins with garbage spilling everywhere. :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8)