Nile cycle

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Magy

Nile cycle

Post by Magy »

im back round to my first post i am doing the nile cycle from the 1st of march 2011 to the 10th of march and when i first mention it last year there was some question about the way it was going to be run here is some infor we are not looking for money toward,s any charity we are doing it as a personal achievement i hope to bring 25 young people over for the cycle i am inviting you all if you are interested in taking part you are all very welcome even if you wish to take part in some of the way we are at the stage of doing the training if there is any one interested even in helping with this cycle you can let me no maybe i will start a blog on this thxs

never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up
FABlux
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by FABlux »

The best of luck with the cycle ride :)

I hope you are training wrapped up in lots of thick clothes to simulate the heat because it is up in the mid to high 30's C at the moment, way above average!
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Magy, Have you been over for your visit yet? It is essential, I think, to know the route, terrain and conditions that your group will experience. You will need support vehicles and plenty of water stations unless the riders plan to carry the weight of the 6-8 liters of water they will consume on each leg.

Coming over in March will give you a good idea of the conditions you will all experience during your ride.

Good luck with your preparations :)

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Helsx

Cycle

Post by Helsx »

I really wanted to do this, but I am not going to be back for it :cc
Miriamkhalifa
Norway

Post by Miriamkhalifa »

When and where is it?
"One band, two oil barrels, three chords, four dreams, five lies, six ties, seven deadly sins and eight ways to stay alive. They know who you are, they know where you live, they're the Kaizers Orchestra~"
Magy

Post by Magy »

hi it is between the 1st march and the 10th march 2011 was there last year and it was pretty cool i hear that it,s alot hotter now for some reason we will be doing luxor to aswan or aswan to the valley of the king,s what ever way work,s best waiting on infor coming back to me we wll have water station set up and medical care also if anyone can add to list of what we will need i think if we could get the bikes sorted from luxor would be a great help
never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up