Decoding Luxor temple

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Christine

Post by Christine »

Ive only just picked up on this thread and it was fascinating viewing, thanks Z, nice find.
Im going to have to listen to the theory once more before i make heads or tails, but that wont be difficult it was a very interesting theory and not one i had heard before................. mmm.......... food for thought :)

You get out of life what you are prepared to put in x
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

The best we can explain is that we had some kind of ancient knowledge that today is beyond our comprehension.
We were far more in tune with nature and how to use it's natural forces.

That I would say is a good theory to propose to justify the accuracy and vast projects the Ancient Egyptians sucessfully undertook, as there is no evidence of advanced machinery or Alien's ?

If that is a fair theory to propose, then what has happened that has caused us to lose this knowledge ?
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Christine

Post by Christine »

My theory is this, there have aways been slaves and masters since the dawn of time, and the slaves got fedup with the masters having an easy time of it so they started to invent ways of making life easier for themselves and lost thier original oneness with things :) lost the old ways of doing things as thier inventions took hold :?:
Christine

Post by Christine »

Also they travelled and learned new ways from different lands, and adopted foreign methods, we still do it.
Lets face it we dont even do things the way our own parents did do we and now we are only talking one generation, it dosent take long to turn your back on some thing if you find easier/better options.
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

what a load of twaddle! These "out there" theorists do come up with the most amazing and bizarre notions, anything beyond THEIR comprehension has to be explained by some complicated half baked theory which they then go on to explain and justify with corrupted information and leap of faith ideology, usually in a two "best seller" book deal and sell out seminars. Hmm, that old devil MONEY always seems to raise it's ugly head with these wild theories.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Do you mean my "twaddle" :?: if so im off to write that novel :!:
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

:) I totally agree with Kevin and often post a similar view to him on some of the theories we sometimes get on here, so just to make sure no one thinks we are both the same person check out the flags :lol:
Christine

Post by Christine »

Who said any of this thread had to be fact, it would be under the wrong heading really wouldnt it after all its in myth,magic, etc etc , so whats the problem.
Also no one that i recall says any of us ahve to believe it, at least if they did i missed that part, its all supposition as i believe Z said.
So personally speaking i dont care if it is twaddle( according to you) it seems i like twaddle . :)
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Yes you are perfectly correct Christine :) I had not noticed the section we were in at the time, It is not one I usually bother to read, so twaddle on! I'm out of here :roll:
Christine

Post by Christine »

Wel said H :lol: :lol:
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

To me, this is definitely in the wrong area - we are discussing Luxor Temple - which is neither a myth, nor built by magic, but certainly had a spiritual meaning to the ancients! A symbolist explanation, like that of John Antony West does deserve accurate criticism, which it's unlikely to get in this area!
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Christine

Post by Christine »

How confusing because of course you are right as well Stan, maybe it needs to be in both Myth etc and History, then we could all come at it from both angles or none as we choose :?:
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

If we cant explain how the Ancients moved these vast monoliths or made them with such accuracy with no evidence of appropriate tools, then we should look at other possibilities.

We have seen vibrations cause a crystal glass to wobble like a jelly just by playing it's own frequency back to it.

Video link here.

If sound can cause a solid object to loose it's shape without breaking it, then maybe sound can be manipulated in other similar ways ?

Water is also a powerful force, it too can cut stone and move it with enough pressure. could that also be a force that was harnessed in some way ?
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Depends what you mean by appropriate tools. Blocks of limestone can be easily cut with copper chisels if they were annealed when being resharpened. The broken obelisk at Aswan clearly shows how it granite was cut. Drills and saws could easily work stone, especially if wet sand was used to do the actual grinding. When I was still in England, there was a guy in Greater Manchester who had spent years working with possible copper tools that would work in that way - he was invited to Cairo to lecture on his methods, and demonstrate them. The tools he brought with him are in the Pharaonic village in Cairo, if I remember rightly, and are being used for demonstration purposes.

To me, a symbolist explanation of the dimensions of Luxor Temple can equally be used to 'decode' the great Gothic cathedrals of Europe ( which I doubt modern man could replicate as the skills required are no longer available) This type of analysis was very popular in the 19th century, and I'm fairly convinced that Schwaller de Lubisch based his work at Luxor on such methods.
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Double Post..
Last edited by Bullet Magnet on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

The limestone would certainly be within their cababilities, but the Granite is something else. I have heard about the saws and wet sand, It would be interesting to see a modern replica of that theory in work, using the same materials that the Ancients had at the time.

I found this site a while ago, probably another conspiracy, but some important questions do get raised from some important facts about the accuracy of the cutting of the Granite which cannot be ignored.

http://www.gizapower.com/Advanced/Advan ... ining.html
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

Hmm....
more crack pot theories propping up crack pot theories :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christine

Post by Christine »

Well having read all of the posts in this section and ive watched/read the links, im now wondering Kevininabydos, you are quick to write everything off as " crackpot theories" but i would be interested to hear yours ;)
Also if you have any actual fact based links that would be great :)
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

Christine, Stan has already provided a lot of the references for this, but if you would like a comprehensive and detailed list of the evidence to refute these "crackpot" theories I will happily oblige. It will take a little while to collect all the data together but I am happy to do it.
By the way I do not dismiss out of hand all these 'alternate' interpretations and theories but most of them are re-workings of other peoples ideas.
The cutting of the stone is the example in hand, no one is suggesting they cut the statues and obelisks out of the bedrock with copper chisels. If you go to the quarries you will see the cut marks, you will see completed one and ones barely started. You will see chips of bedrock and hammer stones and broken stone chisels. You will also see blocks left in place as there was a flaw that caused the stone to crack in the wrong direction making the block useless. Cutting a block of granite from the bed rock with copper chisels is impossible but we do know the fine detail was done with copper and bronze tools, we know because we have them and pictures of people using them! Petrie put forward ideas for the working of the harder stones and in some of it he has been proven to be not far off the mark but other suggestions were mere fantasy and can be firmly put in the same box as the helicopter at Abydos and the light bulbs at Dendara. Yes the ancient Egyptians did have saws, we know because we have examples in the museums. Yes the ancient Egyptians did have the lathe for turning wood, we know because we have one, it is in the British museum I believe, though I could be wrong about the location. Yes they did have drills, we know they had the bow drill because we have them, there are some in Cairo museum and a very versatile tool it is, you can use it to drill a hole in wood or in stone or in beads or in peoples heads or anything else you could possibly want to drill a hole in and you can even use it to light a fire!

So I will find you lots of references if you like but as I say it may take time to collect it all together. Maybe you could spend some time looking around Egypt at the sites and I mean LOOKING at the stones and how they have been worked and you will see there is nothing supernatural or mystic about it, it is all just highly skilled workmanship done with skill and precision learned at the elbow of a master stone worker using, to us, primitive tools.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Thanks for that Kevininabydos, i wasnt being sarcastic it was a genuine enquiry and ive been doing a little research myself albeit remote on a computor, havent been able to do any hands on for ages due to very poorly hubby, hence my interest here.
Keeps my little grey cells ticking over.
If i come a cropper i will let you know, also i will check out some more of Stans postings they may help to deconfuse me somewhat.
I already knew about some of the hand tools used as they are clearly depicted on the walls of many temples. :)