Do You Have a Guardian Angel?

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by WIZARD »

Guardian Angels are thought to be spiritual beings that are "assigned" to assist people here on Earth in various ways. Whether there is one angel per person, one angel for several person or several angels for one person is open to question. But whether you believe in them or not, or whether you want one or not, many believers insist that you do have a guardian angel.

What do you think ?

WIZARD
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I havn't seen mine, but whoever it may be is certainly earning thier money and doing a good job (so far)..
I'm on my 6th life at the moment ;)
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Just another way of avoiding personal responsibility for life - why bother when you have some psychic creature or other doing the work for you!

At the moment there are over 5 billion people on this planet = 5 billion of the little beasts - how are they created as the population grows - is their reproduction method asexual? Questions, questions that show the illogicality of such beliefs..
I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by WIZARD »

LivinginLuxor wrote:Just another way of avoiding personal responsibility for life - why bother when you have some psychic creature or other doing the work for you!

At the moment there are over 5 billion people on this planet = 5 billion of the little beasts - how are they created as the population grows - is their reproduction method asexual? Questions, questions that show the illogicality of such beliefs..
Thank you Stan, rational to the end, a good sign you are back on form. :D
WIZARD
Mothred

Parking angel

Post by Mothred »

i have a parking angel [called Derek] and when i want to park somewhere i give him a few minutes notice and tell him where i shall be wanting to park, usually the short stay in town which is very busy and 9 times out of 10 i can park there. Makes me wonder if there is somthing going on up there!
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

- I was at a meeting where two women were late because, for the first time ever, their parking angels had let them down. They did not know each other, and this was the first time I ever heard of parking angels. It is not that they blindly trusted their angelic friends, who always showed them where to park... they both lived in CAIRO!!! If it works there...
Clandestino

Post by Clandestino »

Ramesses is his name :oops:
"Qui multum peregrinatur, raro sanctifcatur..."
(Homer)
Dave

Post by Dave »

I came across this parking thing years ago, and it seemed to work, drive round the corner and there's the space, freaky or what? quite a few mediums/sensors/spiritual folks always went on about my 'watchers/angels over my shoulders, made me feel good except when I went to bed...8)
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Well there are certainly no "PARKING ANGELS" in Luxor.:lol:
Maggy the Moggy
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I dont have a parking Angel, I never thought of having one, but now you come to mntion it, it makes sense...
However, I generally have a less troubled journey than others when it comes to traffic lights.. but that's Synchronisity working for me..It's the law you know 8)
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

I do have a guardian angel who has saved me on more than one occasion. It is a strange and humbling experience when you realize something has happened that is humanly impossible, but it happened, and you witnessed it.

If you have ever read the Joan Wester Anderson book "Where Angels Walk", you would be amazed. After an angel experience herself, she went around the country collecting accounts of angel experiences. It is a very uplifting book and lets you know we are truly not alone. She has a web site now where she publishes accounts from people all over the world.
A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~
Lisak
Palestine

Post by Lisak »

Ooh I do that parking angels thing, and it DOES work.....every time I went for a massage at a certain salon that was based on a very busy road, I visualised parking right out the front. It worked every time!!! The therapist I was visiting could not believe that I managed to get parked there during the day time.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

PR - why should it bother us that 'we are not truly alone'? Why does humanity need angels (or demons for that matter) to take away their responsibility for day to day life.
Stan
Clandestino

Post by Clandestino »

LivinginLuxor wrote:Why does humanity need angels (or demons for that matter) to take away their responsibility for day to day life.
Religions are working also with the same effect :lol:
Good to see you again, Stan
"Qui multum peregrinatur, raro sanctifcatur..."
(Homer)
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

LivinginLuxor wrote:PR - why should it bother us that 'we are not truly alone'? Why does humanity need angels (or demons for that matter) to take away their responsibility for day to day life.
You don't understand Stan. It's not a matter of "taking away their responsibility for day to day life" but gaining help with difficult or impossible situations. God expects us to grow, learn and deal with day to day life. But, as Christians, we belive that Satin rules the earth and there are times when circumstances arise that are impossible ot deal with with human methods. It it your right not to belive that but it is my right to believe. Whether that bothers you or not is your problem.
A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 10 to 20 times more than a man who has not.
~Mark Twain~
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

I've never heard that Satan rules the earth is part of orthodox Christianity - but of course I could be wrong.

The words "God expects" bother me a bit - if there is a supreme being, creator of everything including us, how can we have the arrogance to suggest that we know what he/she/it is thinking?
Stan
Morgita

Post by Morgita »

Stan, aren't you too long in the tooth to expect rational explanations for faith. By it's nature it defies rational explanation. You're doomed to a dialogue of the deaf if you persist. Life is so much more fun when you just let it all wash over you. Personally I ditched the whole notion of guardian angels long ago in holy catholic Ireland when the idea was used as a heavenly CCTV watching your every move and reporting to the nuns.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

I realise that there is no hope in getting any form of rational debate going, but I still feel 'obliged' to put the other point of view!
Stan
WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by WIZARD »

LivinginLuxor wrote:I realise that there is no hope in getting any form of rational debate going, but I still feel 'obliged' to put the other point of view!
Then you have answered your own question Stan. :oops:
WIZARD
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Remember, you cannot have a rational argument with religious people, otherwise there would not be religious people ;)
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.