Sun Dried Tomatoes & Olives....

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Sun Dried Tomatoes & Olives....

Post by Who2 »

Besides the lovely onion bread brown & white, Attar our friendly baker will be making rosemary & oregano bread, sun dried tomato bread and Olive foccacia. Next week he is starting on mille feuille.
So pop in with your suggestions he is always ready to listen and learn.....:cool:
"I love a trier"

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Sun Dried Tomatoes & Olives....

Post by Who2 »

We must try asking him next about soda bread.....:cool:
Sophocles.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

For those who are a long way from Attar, try this:

Visit your friendly neighbourhood bread maker and buy a bag of unproven raw dough. This is sold by weight and will be in a big plastice bag. It will possibly be easy to see the individual pieces that were going to be rolls and this is sold by weight and the estimate of how many rolls would have been made from the dough - it's very cheap.

By the time you get home the bread will have risen quite a lot and be threatening to burst the bag.

I have made tomato, olive, herb and cheese bread, simply by folding in the extras and leaving it to rise again for the second time before baking.

I've kneaded in some olive oil and stretched it out for Pizza bases and even used it for Chelsea buns, almost any bread recipe can be adapted to your special needs. :)
Smile! It confuses people
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Your chocolate cake & coffee was 'delice the other day, but baking 5 cakes ? you must get Out! of the kitchen more often.....:cool:
'cheese straws ? 'good idea!
Sophocles.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I got the rosemary oregano bread, it must have been good, when it was fresh some days ago. :wi
He asked me if I knew mille feuille, I told him that I am Danish, and he started describing all the different kinds of Danish pastry that we have never heard about in Copenhagen with fruit, cheese etc., but he said that it would have to wait until later this year, when he hopes to be able to buy more equipment from Cairo. The tomato bread he expects to make tomorrow and foccacio next week. :P

He now mixes two different kinds of 50 pts chocolate eclair, the one with whipped cream and one with pasty creme. I pretended not to understand ;) and I of course got my free sample. (I can't pretend to be expecting visitors for coffee every time I pass the bakery.) :P It was just as delicious as the usual ones! :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Who2 wrote:Your chocolate cake & coffee was 'delice the other day, but baking 5 cakes ? you must get Out! of the kitchen more often.....:cool:
Actually, I made cheese straws and cheesy biscuits before Christmas and no-one ate them :( I sneaked one and they were lovely, but I have a cheese problem, so got the migraine. :sd

I actually make 8 cakes in a batch, so I made 16 last week, some choc, some coffee and some plain. The problem is that the nice little tubs of cocoa powder in Arkwrights are not only unavailable, but add 36 LE to the price of a half kilo of each ingredient cake. :o

Today Inshallah it's going to be eclairs and peanut butter cookies. The fantastic bitter chocolate buttons for the covering come from Arkwrights and I'm too embarrassed to say how much they cost. :oops: They are my secret passion, I limit myself to about 6 in the evening. I did make myself very sick the first time I got them and ate too many. :sk

I love to cook, but can't stand for long, so baking is OK. ;) When the lift is fixed, then I'll be able to get out more, Inshallah.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Mad Dilys wrote:
Who2 wrote:Your chocolate cake & coffee was 'delice the other day, but baking 5 cakes ? you must get Out! of the kitchen more often.....:cool:

Today Inshallah it's going to be eclairs and peanut butter cookies. The fantastic bitter chocolate buttons for the covering come from Arkwrights and I'm too embarrassed to say how much they cost. :oops: They are my secret passion, I limit myself to about 6 in the evening. I did make myself very sick the first time I got them and ate too many. :sk
:ni: Is that six little chocolate buttons, six peanut butter cookies, or do you start feasting on eclairs, cookies and chocolate around six in the evening... :?: :?
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

BENNU wrote:
Mad Dilys wrote:

:ni: Is that six little chocolate buttons, six peanut butter cookies, or do you start feasting on eclairs, cookies and chocolate around six in the evening... :?: :?

:)))
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

BENNU wrote:
Mad Dilys wrote:

Yes! :oops:
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

BENNU wrote:I got the rosemary oregano bread, it must have been good, when it was fresh some days ago. :wi
:P
Today I got it fresh, oh, it was soft and had a wonderful taste of wheat and herbs. What a difference! :up

He proudly showed me toastbread, fresh from the oven and let me hold one to feel the quality - it was light as a feather, perfectly square, golden and fragrant. I told him that I would leave it to the English customers, because I think this is what some of you dream of at night.

:clap: Here is a skilled man who finds pride in his profession.
Billy_whiz

Post by Billy_whiz »

That white toast bread you saw today was made especially for me and it really was excellent. We phoned this morning and ordered it as when we went last time he only had some in the freezer, which I don't like to buy. He phoned this afternoon to say it was ready to be picked up. My plan was to slice it up before it goes into my freezer and then I can just take a couple of slices out at a time to make toast, but there isn't so much left now as we had some friends over and everybody wanted to taste it hahaha. The brown bloomer style bread is really good too. I haven't tried the flavoured ones yet, as they are always sold out, so maybe I need to place an order when I get my next toast bread :)