International Pirate Day.

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

International Pirate Day.

Post by Who2 »

Today is International Pirate Day 'bet you didn't know that' My true celebration of all that is buccaneer within the human complex.
Robin Hood, Pancho Villa, Salvatore Giuliano: the Sicilian Robin Hood ect, then we have Long John Silver. The Dude!
as played by Robert Newton as Long John Silver 195O Treasure Island http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043067/
Here's a good article in my mate's mag: http://www.sabotagetimes.com/tv-film/th ... -a-pirate/

I used to watch Robert Shaw in The Buccaneers just after the football pools with a toffee apple. Happy Days!
Tonights movie in honour of Newton 'Long John Silver he died a drunk..I had a parrot called 'jesus once...:cool: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047189/

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Re: International Pirate Day.

Post by Teddyboy »

Long John Silver; I got the DVD for my birthday. "Oh arrgh, Jim Lad!" (I also got the very first episode of "The Lone Ranger")

Who can remember Tony Hancock, doing Shakespeare as Robert Newton's Long John?
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Hancock/Newton/Shakespeare is indelibly printed on my mind! :lol: . East Cheam's finest adopted the Newton voice at regular intervals on the radio shows. Treasure Island was one of the first films I was taken to see (The Mudlark was the other), and Long John Silver was scary, even when smiling! The other thing that stayed was the suspense of the apple barrel scene. But, after all this time, this is the first I've heard that there was a sequel!
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Least someone recognizes the day, shame no Jolly Roger..
The Sun.
A WOMAN high on drink and drugs who stole a passenger ferry and crashed into boats shouting "I’m Jack Sparrow" has been jailed.
Reckless Alison Whelan, 51, was on a two-day bender when she climbed onto the moored 100-seater Dart Princess in Dartmouth, Devon.
Whelan was so drunk on Lambrini she dialled 999 and officers raced to the scene - but she then unmoored the 45ft vessel and started drifting away.
She was heard shouting "I’m Jack Sparrow" - the character played by Johnny Depp in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean - and "I’m A Pirate" as she made her escape on the double-decker ferry.
But the boat then began hitting other vessels "like a pinball machine" - including a £70,000 luxury catamaran, Torquay Magistrates Court in Devon heard.
The boat finally came to rest an hour later, a mile upstream where lifeboats arrived to tow Whelan and her accomplice back to the harbour.
When arrested she claimed that she "would have ended up in St Tropez" if she hadn’t been caught.
More than 30 ambulance, police, coastguard and RNLI officers were drafted in during the incident, the court heard.
Whelan, of Paignton, Devon, pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking and was jailed for 122 days.
The Sun.
Drunk like all good Pirates a day late!.....:cool:
PS: As female lady pirates go 'quite tasty, I assume.
Sophocles.
Teddyboy
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by Teddyboy »

You should have gone to Specsavers, Dr!
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

:lol: I'm trying to work out how on earth you can get drunk on Lambrini! :roll:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

I was drunk on a Vespa.....:cool:
Sophocles.