Let the ‘blind auditions’ begin! The Voice debuts on MBC

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Let the ‘blind auditions’ begin! The Voice debuts on MBC

Post by DJKeefy »

The newest talent show to hit the Middle East has caused a buzz after the first episode of “The Voice” aired on Friday night, setting itself apart from similar shows that have sought to snap up regional vocal talent.

The Arabic version of “The Voice,” a program which already features on international screens, has been hosted by the Dubai-based Middle East Broadcasting Center (MBC), the group which has previously brought “Arab Idol” and “Arab’s Got Talent” to its audiences.

“The Voice” will feature 100 participants across the Arab world and they will receive training and supervision from four prominent Arab celebrity singers.

The four celebrities – Kadim al-Sahir, Assi el-Helani, Shereen Abdelwahab, and Saber al-Rubai – will choose the participants in the program based on the quality of their voices without seeing them.

The competition’s “blind auditions” will be held in the UAE, Egypt, Kuwait, Tunisia, Lebanon and Morocco.

“For me the voice is the most important thing. As I have said in several previous venues, why do we think in such a way? Throughout the world there are remarkable singers and no one chose them for their appearance. They were chosen for their voice. The voice is what is important,” Iraqi singer Sahir told Al Arabiya.

Abdelwahab, meanwhile, said that she will be making her selection of candidates solely based on their voices and not on any other factor, such as belongingness.

The program consists of three phases: Blind Auditions, the Battle Rounds, and the Live performance shows. Four coaches, all famous stars and artists, will choose teams of contestants through the blind audition process. Each coach has the length of the candidates’ performance to decide if he or she wants that singer on his or her team; if two or more judges want the same singer then the singer gets to choose which coach they want to work with.

Each team of candidates will be mentored and developed by their coach. During the second phase, coaches will have two of their team members’ battle against each other by singing the same song, and the coach choosing which team member will advance to the next stage. During the final phase, the remaining contestants will compete against each other in live broadcasts. The television audience will help to decide who moves on. When one team member remains for each coach, the contestants will compete against each other in the finale.

Source and video preview: http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2 ... 38141.html

Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Let the ‘blind auditions’ begin! The Voice debuts on MBC

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

The US version of the voice is on its third series and is great, the Voice UK starts soon, both are good and far better than the X factor, watched the UK X factor and the US X factor last week, the UK version had 13 mins of singing in the 1 hour program and the US Version had 16 mins of singing, no wonder its dieing a death.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

By the way is anyone following the drama Mrs Biggs, its about the Train Robber Ronnie Biggs, wife, very intreguing and compulsary viewing. Recomend it to all!!
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

I seem to be only watching this kind of stuff CE.

Dont forget the Australian versions too, they have X Factor, Australias got talent and the Voice, I prefer the Australian versions to the UK or America.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

I watch as many of this type of program as I can DJ, its a bit of light entertainment for the evening. We do not go out anymore in the evening, preferring to stay in the safety of our home. I know people disagree with us but, its how we feel, there are too many petty things happening and also a few major things happening that go unreported and people do not seem to have the nerve to report these incidents.

So a bit of light hearted entertainment, is good, some of course is tongue in cheek, but normally done in a decent way. Its nice to put the chains on the gate once it gets dark, close the curtains and sit back and relax, in a fairly secure atmosphere.

Have been catching up also on George Gently, and Judge John Deed. Last night finished the intrigue of the final episode 10 of Dallas, you really have to keep your eyes and ears open for this, there is more deception, more twists and turns than the "Snake Pass"

Regarding the Voice though the American version is a real spectacle, and full of showmanship, the UK version needs to have judges with more dynasism about them to make it into a spectacle, maybe it will happen in the new series being broadcast near Christmas.
Phantom
United Kingdom

Post by Phantom »

We had the Voice here last year and it was dreadful - none of them could sing. I felt very sorry for Sir Tom who had agreed to go on it. The first bit with the chairs was quite good, but it went downhill from there. Jessie J was just a spoilt brat if she didn't get her own way. Will I Am was "interesting" though.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ............

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

I agree Phantom.It was dire!
Think we need to get out more!
Will.I.am?Who the hell is he?Boyfriend of Cheryl?Now suddenly he's authority on "voice"of future superstar?
Never heard of him before!
Are you getting Downton CE?
Now...that's class...and superior even to Dallas and Celebrity Big Brother!
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Yes i get Downton Abbey ST its brilliant, one of the best drama's on TV, I have just finished all 10 episodes of the new Dallas and enjoyed it too, but will not go into that because i think you are still only on episode 2 or 3 in the UK . I also get the UKsoaps of Corrie and Eastenders, and all up to date. Been watching Mrs Biggs recently thought that was good. At the moment on episode 6 of the American Voice, it is full of showmanship, and far more entertaining than the uk version. I know this is all a bit sad but I am also up to date with the American and UK x Factor.

Regarding the UK voice which starts again this Winter, Jessie J, Wil.I.Am and the other Irish guy are on a completely different planet to me and I find it difficult to understand their points of view when talking about how great a singer is that is out of key, flat and and about as much personality as a brick.
Cyprus100
United Kingdom

Post by Cyprus100 »

The Voice (UK) version was indeed crap!

We had already watched the US (season 1 and 2) plus the Australian first season (this is the best in our opinion) and we're now watching season 3 of the US series right now.

The coaches on the UK version had too much to say for themselves with the exception of Tom Jones. He should not have put himself through that.

We've been watching a UK tv series called Parades End - it's brilliant!
Holding onto Downton Abbey till we have all the episodes so we can have a "fix" all at once.
Have yet to start Mrs Biggs, Bletchley Circle and Good Cop Bad Cop.
Can recommend A Mother's Son (2 episodes) - was on a couple of weeks ago.
Michele,
Previously living in Limassol, Cyprus but now back in UK since 2016 :-(
Egypt is now so far away....
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Thanks Cypus will look into that, and see if they are available.
Cyprus100
United Kingdom

Post by Cyprus100 »

I d o w n l o a d all my episodes from kickasstorrents website, if that helps?

Or, the episodes could still be available on iPlayer sites. We prefer to put the avi files on our USB hub and watch on our tv rather than on our desktop 24" monitor.
Michele,
Previously living in Limassol, Cyprus but now back in UK since 2016 :-(
Egypt is now so far away....
Subversion

Post by Subversion »

Parade's End - completely brilliant - Benedict Cumberbatch is one of the finest acting talents this country has produced in a long time.

S x
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Corrie has been mentioned. Am I the only person to think that the latest builder chappie - Owen? - is something of a ringer of the original builder chappie - Len Fairclough?
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley