A new look at Nefertiti

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

A new look at Nefertiti

Post by LivinginLuxor »

There's a fascinating series of 3 articles on Nefertiti in Der Spiegel magazine, on the 100th anniversary of the famous bust's discovery and the opening of a special exhibition in Berlin. Well worth a read!

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zei ... 70731.html

I might agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!
Stan
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: A new look at Nefertiti

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Akhenaten and Nefertiti have always held a fascination for me...

I have no doubt whatsover that they were Brother and Sister, and NOT from this world as we know it..

She was indeed beautiful, but the body is certainly from the same gene pool as Akhenaten...
This is NOT artistic Licence as was the case for all the Ancients Pictograms, but true representations, like the rest of the Art from Armania. Akhenaten wanted truth in everything and was a complete pacifist.. No Wonder they tried to kill him.. but failed..
Seem's we have been playing this profitable control game for a very long time. War that is..

The REAL translation of The "Aten", is infact ATOM.. How did he know ? ? ?
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

As atoms were not known at that time, I would doubt that! As a concept, they were first described by Democritus - the word atom comes from the greek word for uncuttable or indivisible.

It's generally accepted that Nefertiti was the daughter of Ay and Tey - no evidence that she was Akhenaten's sister. As for their representations, for the first few years of his reign, they were portrayed in the 'normal way' but once Akhenaten had established his religion, and the Royal couple became the sole intermediaries between Aten and the people, I think that they both took on attributes of both sexes, to be able to represent all of the people. Both the royal family and the dignitaries were shown with elongated heads etc in the 'Amarna' style, so it is unlikely that they had the deformities that we see in their later statues.
Stan
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

The Ancients were far more advanced that you have been led to believe Stan. :cg

HERE is my PROOF !!!

We cannot build the GP, we cannot build the temples, therefore looking at this situation logically, we as a race have DEVOLVED, NOT EVEOLVED.
yes we can fly, and drive cars, but that is crude evolution..

Regarding our friends in Armania.
Have the bodies EVER been found ? NO !!!

Ever seen Tut-Ankh-Amun's body in his tomb ?
What do you see ? an 18 year old ?

He was only 8 when he was killed.. Big Lad for his age..!!! :cg

The Egyptologists also got herded down the "One Path for All" dont forget.

The GP should have been studied by engineers, ( hydraulic and acoustic engineers to be specific, as well as one or two other fields of engineering ) not Egyptologists.. How can they understand the GP ? Horses for courses..

I respect John Anthony West more than Zahi Hawass, not because he is right about everyhting, no one can be, but his thinking is spot on..
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Jean-Pierre Houdin, an architect, along with his father, a civil engineer, has developed perhaps the most convincing theory as to how the Great Pyramid was built. Working with Dassault Systemes, he used top of the range computers and 3D design programs, usually used to design airplanes to develop his theory.

See http://www.3ds.com/company/passion-for- ... xperience/ to see how his theory works. You need a fast internet connection to watch it unfortunately!

The problem with conventional Egyptology to me is that it is an academic exercise usually conducted by non-scientifically trained people - a closed shop building on the authority of older study. It seems fairly immovable, and it is only over the past few years that modern archaeological techniques such as satellite analysis, ground penetrating radar etc have been used - often met with resistance from the 'old guard'.

Another recent discovery was the fact that the ruins of Tanis were thought to be the site of Rameses II's capital, Pi-Ramses. However that city was situated under modern Quantir, as proved by gpr studies, and it seems that much of the city was demolished and rebuilt at Tanis as the tributary of the Nile at Quantir changed its course, removing the water supply for Quantir - again a more scientific than cultural piece of research.

I'm not a great believer of the theory that humankind has devolved from a higher civilisation, and therefore don't subscribe to theories of lost knowledge. If we really wanted to we could build a pyramid! As for temples, I'd suggest that Chartres, Lincoln, Ely etc - the great Gothic cathedrals are equally as difficult to build today as Karnak - it's just a matter of the will to do so, and the architectural tastes of today that prevent that.
Stan
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

LivinginLuxor wrote:I'm not a great believer of the theory that humankind has devolved from a higher civilisation, and therefore don't subscribe to theories of lost knowledge. If we really wanted to we could build a pyramid! As for temples, I'd suggest that Chartres, Lincoln, Ely etc - the great Gothic cathedrals are equally as difficult to build today as Karnak - it's just a matter of the will to do so, and the architectural tastes of today that prevent that.
Ah-huh! Ah-huh! Ah-huh! :-)
Carpe diem! :le:
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

I go to Germany fairly regularly, and went to Berlin a few years ago specifically to visit the Pergeman Museum where the bust of Nefertiti is on display. She is fabulous, an amazing piece of art by any standard; incredible that she had lain in the sand in Armana for all those years.

If you're ever in Berlin do visit the museum; as well as the wonderful Egyption collection it has amazing archaeology from Pergeman in Turkey - the Temple of Zeus - and the Ishtar Gate from Babylon, which is breathtaking. I spent a whole day there, and hope to return one day.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Well Stan, All I can say is that WE are not the only intelligent species to walk the face of this earth, We would LIKE to think we are.
Also, we will NOT be the last either... :up Mother Earth is safe... :cool:
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Faith versus facts?
Stan
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Something like that Stan.. :cg

Incidently, the word "Myth" is an Ancient Greek word. It's TRUE meaning is "Passed by Mouth"This means the information is not written down, therfore only the intended recipients of this Information get it !

What sort of systems could be put in place if one wanted to procure this information from those who held this information but refused to impart it. ?

Look carefully at the Ancients language, especially the names of the Gods and neters, remove the extra letters the Ancient Greeks put into the language of the Ancients and one quickly realises that these people had a VERY limited spoken vocabulary, barely one step up from caveman grunts and noises.

And the Glyphs was not an Alphabet either.. :ni:

I have no idea what happened to Nefertiti, I have theories. If I am right, then Akhnaton is in the North of Egypt.

Immortality as we know it woudl be a curse, wandering about in the same body, coudl Immortality mean "not Forgetting" ?
Remeber Jesus and Doubting Thomas ?
Hafiz
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Hafiz »

Recent BBC doco. on aerial/satellite technology in Egypt. Seemed to overstate case by claiming the identification of thousands of ‘possible’ new sites in Egypt. Tone of the doco anything but sober and the only digging test in the doco.threw up nothing. The satelliteist was a relatively young and enthusiastic American female.

You probably know of the work at Amarna using kites to take aerial photographs and the claims that this helps, as it seems to do.

The thing I object to with archaeologists is the swanning in and out and that you see few locals in the docos who are doing more than actually digging holes. Maybe local observations are different.

Other objections to the hole diggers are that they place little emphasis on the economy and agriculture, they generalize (for example with religion) from the physical evidence to everyday practice (would we take the Sistine chapel as evidence of religious practice), they ignore the distortions involved in selection and modern interpretation of ‘evidence’, they present stereotypes of ancient Egyptians and ignore the likelihood of diversity, that there is only rare debate on ‘mistakes’ (all very clubby), that there seem few women at senior levels and that the majority of articles are hard to read. The insatiable desire for heroic hole digging might also be at the expense of the less glamorous interpretation work of the texts, as is the case with, for example, historians of of the Roman and Greek period.

The way in which work is divided between teams who have an approval for a particular site means that there is little debate on the finds outside the team and the possibility of sharp practice (unlike, for example where a number of individual historians, say on the Victorian period, publicly debate different interpretations of the same facts which are equally available to all) but there doesn’t seem to be alternatives to the single team approval system. I know I overstate this last point a bit.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

The Romans and Greeks started off this whole distortion of the Truth. Sometime after Moses scarpered with the Arc.

They tampered with the evidence and then went on to claim Great Global Power though the knowledge they found.
They hid it away, in many cases they could only hide it in plain sight. cunning ******** :cg

Howard ( failed as a SPY ) Carter became a "great Egyptologist" literally overnight.. How did he know where to look for TutAnkhAmun ? How did he even Know Tut Existsed ???

Rameses VI Tomb almost inadvertantly hit Tut's tomb during it's creation..

Where are all the white stones that created Armania, ? Where is Nefertiti and Akhenaton ?

I have seen a mummy in Luxor Museum, looks very Roman to me.

Maybe we will never know the Truth, after all, everyone who can tell us is long since dead.
Or maybe, the Sands of time are waiting for the right winds to blow ? so the Sahara can give up her secrets.

The Doco you speak of, revealed a more densely populated Ancient Egypt than we have been led to believe thats for Sure..
And recently, we discovered that the Amazon Rain Forests are NOT Virgin...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0122njp
Funny OLD world isnt it ? :urm:
LivinginLuxor
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by LivinginLuxor »

Carter didn't know where to look! When Carnavon got the permit to excavate in the valley of the kings, he believed that Tutankhamun was there somewhere, and proceeded to use a grid system to clear the valley floor. The last part of the grid was close to Rameses VI tomb, and when he found the worker's housing there, and started to excavate them, the first step to the tomb was found.

As for how he knew of Tutankhamun, although his name does not appear in the king lists, also as do Akhenaten, Ay and Hatshepsut, a funerary cache had been found with artefacts with his name written on them. Also, a stela, the Restoration Stela, was found in which he announced the restoration of Amun worship in Egypt. No doubt there were other material available that suggested the existence of Tutankhamun.

Last point - Amarna was built of mud brick! (with the possible exception of the temple, whose stones were probably re-used). Completely stone built temples did not appear until the time of Rameses II - the first one to build stone built pylons.
Stan
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I thought Mud brick was a Roman thing, that's what they say about Seti-1 and Dendra Anyway,
but it is a convenient and abundant source of building supplies..
Easier for a Devolved species to use for construction than having to haul those massive Limestone blocks around..

Pylons, Fascinating Objects, and so not for the purpose of Defence. After all, just walk round to the side of the temple for the purpose of attack.. :cool:

If The Egyptologists would study the Pylons a bit closer, especially those with the 4 Statues in from of them, like in the picture below, I think they could be in for a surprise.
The wall is very thick at the bottom, like a Dam. LOTS of pressure could be applied, using the base as a sort of anchor point and lateral pressure and lateral thinking..

I have some mad idea's based on what I see, rather than what I am told... It's a feasible idea..

Can You guess ? :cg

Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Excellent Article thanks Stan. He makes a few assumptions though? Calling her a beast? Why because she tried to get a Royal husband from another country? better than marrying family I suppose.
great to see they have found evidence of her in Akhenatens 16th year. Which helps support the theory she became King. Still reckon that was her body that Joan fletcher wrote about.
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN
Andrew Earl Singer
United States of America

Post by Andrew Earl Singer »

I see nothing has changed here in Luxor4u, now Tut is only 8 in his Sarcophagus, Nefertiti is not a half brother to Akhenaten, I guess I am needed to straighten out Ancient Egyptian lore through the eyes of a reincarnated soul :mrgreen:
SOUL.BODY.MIND. In the beginning is the THOUGHT and the need for the LIFEGIVER to honor TUTANKHAMEN with LIFE. Decipherment by Andrew Earl Singer
Aromagician
New Zealand

Post by Aromagician »

Hey Andrew, Great to hear from you, has been years since I have chatted with you on here.
what have you been up to?
Whats the latest in your theory on Tutankhamen??? Let me hear all about it.

I have just been mulling over what really happened to Nefertiti?
Did she die? did she transform into Nerferneruaten? Did she leave Egypt with her sons and take them to Jerusalem? Did she take a ship to Scotland? Did she take a shp to the Americas?
Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination. ROY M GOODMAN
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I have never had the pleasure Andrew.. Nice to see you here.

I See your Signature :/ BUT IN the Begining there were 6.. No ?
Hence the Male's assumed right of "dominence", since the female cannot exist without the male being present first ?
That would come LONG before Tut-Ankh-Aten or even Amen or Amun..

Sorry Aromagician, dont mean to interrupt.. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Interesting article Stan..........And Andrew Earl - nice having you dropping by! :)
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Aromagician wrote:Hey Andrew, Great to hear from you, has been years since I have chatted with you on here.
what have you been up to?
Whats the latest in your theory on Tutankhamen??? Let me hear all about it.

I have just been mulling over what really happened to Nefertiti?
Did she die? did she transform into Nerferneruaten? Did she leave Egypt with her sons and take them to Jerusalem? Did she take a ship to Scotland? Did she take a shp to the Americas?
Nah, aliens got her! :grab:
Carpe diem! :le: