March Writing Competition

The Literary Corner is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

March Writing Competition

Post by HEPZIBAH »

The subject for this Writing Competition has been chosen by Dusak - as winner of the February competition

The topic for the next competition is a short story of 1,250 words or less entitled THE HOTEL.
You are starting your first day as a Hotel travel writer. You're to stay overnight and the following day undercover and give an unbiased report. Does the hotel live up to the brochures description? Where the staff crazy, or your fellow guests even crazier? The hotel can be anywhere in the world.

Writing Competition Guidelines
- Each member may submit up to three entries in each of the writing competitions, which may be Poetry or Prose or other writing style as set by the competiton setter.
- Please keep the language clean and family friendly! Any entries deemed to be offensive will be removed.
- Entries should be submitted by pm to Hepzibah who will then upload them for anonymity.
- Once the deadline for entries has been reached Poll will be put up for members to vote for their favourite piece.
- The winner of each competition will be the person to choose the next topic. They will be able to submit pieces for that months subject for interest but will not be actual entrants into that particular competition.
- Time limits on competitions may vary but will be posted.
(These guidlines may be updated by Admin as and when required.)

Please pm all entries to me by 10pm Saturday 23rd March.

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: March Writing Competition

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Bumping up for your attention and having to write more than just 'bump' to do it! :roll:
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

CALLING ALL SCRIBES AND SCRIBBELERS...

MORE ENTRIES REQUIRED FOR THE MARCH WRITING COMPETITION

Maybe you've all just been waiting for me to return from my holiday before you inundate my inbox with entries! I'm back now though and eagerly awaiting your pm's. :)
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Sadly, there were only two entries submitted (by the same author) for the March Writing Competition. That being the case the March Writing Competition has been closed. It is hoped that there will be more writing competitions in the future, but naturally these can only be held if there is sufficient interest from members.

Dusak, I thought you chose an excellent subject and I am only sorry that the challenge was not taken up by others.
-Aldous Huxley