Mummification Museum Lectures 2013

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Re: Mummification Museum Lectures 2013

Post by DJKeefy »

ST... Im sorry it's my fault, he his not been ignored, all new members posts have to be approved my Admin or a Moderator before it is shown, this is so members do not have to suffer from spam and unwanted posts, at the moment the forum code to show posts that are awaiting approval/disapproval is crap (you have to go through each topic) so i have just noticed stadelmanns post in the queue and appoved it (im working on some better code to solve this)

So no one could answer his question due to it not showing on the forum.

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

I'm blaming no-one Bennu!
I ain't authority on this subject!
I've stated that I have no interest in this stuff on numerous occasions and only comment I've made is that I wasn't fiend with camera!
Merely asking why more learned people there haven't been able to give new poster advise.
Not too tall an order I'd imagine!
Jane Akshar

Post by Jane Akshar »

stadelmann wrote:Hi Folk's,
I will ask, why no cameras and recording devices are allowed on this lesson. This lessons are open for public, my english are not so good, so I am happy to repeat the recorded lesson at home in my speed.
And, who can make some publishing with this bad material, so that the egyptians loose her right for the first publishing.
Please tell my a real reason.
BR
The reason is explained in this post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31481

I produce notes on the lectures with the approval of Mansour Boraik and the lecturers and I suggest you read these on my blog. http://luxor-news.blogspot.com/ I have asked every lecturer to approve my notes which they have done and indeed some have been kind enough to send me corrections. So they are pretty accurate. (Keefy I hope under the circumstances it is ok to put a link to the blog?)

Barry tells me it is Zoltan Fabian speaking this Sunday, he last gave a lecture in 2010 TT184
Jane Akshar - mad about egyptology -sane otherwise ....... I think
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Sorry folks, have been having internet problems so did not see the posts from the last few days.

As has been explained before but I will repeat it again for Stadlemann's benefit. The information given in these lectures is often very new and unpublished. All new public announcements have to be approved by the MSA. These lectures are intended mainly for the other missions and we, the non professional public in Luxor, are therefore very lucky to be allowed to hear them. For this reason we must respect their wishes, or risk losing the lectures.

As Jane has said, we are expecting Zoltan Fabian to speak on TT184 this Sunday 10th March.

The following week, 17th March should be Marcel Maessen on "A Home away from Home" - Living accomodations of the early Egyptologists.

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
stadelmann

Post by stadelmann »

Dear Friends, thanks a lot for Your service, to give me a "good reason", why no recording on this lectures.

BBLUX give to me the real one, he say we are only guests in this lectures, they are only for the other missions. So they have the rights to say no recording.

I also understand that no speaker want to stay in a flashlight thunderstorm on every new picture he show on the wall.

O.k., I will try to read the notes from Jane on her site, but a little bit I miss the pictures.

Thanks to all, wish a nice weekend, and see you soon.

LN
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

... but anyone taking a photograph of a projected image will have no success if they use flash ...

I admit to having taken photographs of the slides, as aides memoire, in the past, but will adhere by the new rules this year. In my opinion the much worse sin is having a mobile phone turned on in a lecture - and in the past some inconsiderate people even make calls with them as well as receiving calls.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
France

Post by BBLUX »

Agreed Brian, unfortunately some people seem to have them grafted to their heads and seem unable to find the off switch!

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
France

Post by BBLUX »

This Sunday, 17th March at 7 pm at the Mummification Museum, Luxor, Egypt.

“A Home away from Home" - Living accommodations of the early Egyptologists by Marcel Maessen

As before, Strictly NO cameras or recording devices please.

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

This should be a great lecture, and well worth attending.

Hopefully, it will track the era before J.P.Morgan (yes, the very same) and his gang arrived on the scene. You may also learn where Carter's humble home was on the WB before the Tut era. It was up and to the left of Nagkht tomb. You should also learn of the very humble living accomadation of the great Petrie, the history of the Marsum Hotel, long before Sheikh Ali appeared on the scene.

We should be greatful to those very few people who make these such lectures possible for us many, when in Luxor,......Thank You.

A-Four.