Muslim Brotherhood prisoners killed in Egypt

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Muslim Brotherhood prisoners killed in Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

At least 38 people described as supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood have been killed in Egypt while attempting to escape police custody.

The men were killed after taking a police officer hostage while being transferred on Sunday in a police vehicle to Abu Zaabal prison near Cairo, sources told Al Jazeera

Al Jazeera's Bernard Smith, reporting from Cairo, quoted a source as saying that the men had been arrested in the clearout of Cairo's Fateh mosque on Saturday.

He said the men somehow took the police officer hostage in an attempt to break free. However, other police officers attacked the vehicle with guns and tear gas and all inside were killed.

Source: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeas ... 86257.html

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Muslim Brotherhood prisoners killed in Egypt

Post by Brian Yare »

Breaking out of prison is a very serious offence. They put themselves into a situation and have paid the penalty.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Only guilty people try to escape. Saved a lot of money on food and water. Plus freed space up for more guilty ones. Hope the police officer was not harmed. But one officer with thirty plus prisoners? They should of packed them in like sardines, closed the doors until they got where ever they were going. They would of been to knackered with the heat to do anything than but comply with their marching orders. But to some, this will be yet another example of poor innocent Muslims being slaughtered by the mighty iron fist of law and order.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Dusak wrote:Saved a lot of money on food and water
I can't imagine the Egyptian government spending a lot of money on food and water, but all things are relative. :roll: