Travelling to Cairo airport during curfew hours

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Emma84

Travelling to Cairo airport during curfew hours

Post by Emma84 »

Does anyone know about Travelling to Cairo airport during curfew hours? are people being allowed to travel if they have an early morning flight? I have read on a few sites that if you show your flight details and passports at check points then you will be fine.Any advice would be great thanks.

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Travelling to Cairo airport during curfew hours

Post by Who2 »

I have heard they shoot white people breaking the curfew, trying to cross the airport however indiscreetly from international to internal/domestic. Or vici-versa as in your case...
I also hear that they search your various cavity's 'rubber glove stuff, looking for illegally imported or exported alcohol.
Be nice, smile, show them your booze offer them a bottle and 'away you go, booze intact, just be nice, 'there are nice people behind those uniforms, just like you and me.
It's called 'the common touch, I learnt it off the Queen..'that's Mrs Queen to you lot! of plebeians.........
'Tell them you love Egypt, shame about losing the footy to Ghana but, you'll be back one day to marry one of them, one day....
I'm a Dr.......:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Emma84

Post by Emma84 »

I only wanted serious answers lol. but thanks anyway. :P
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

He's right, there are nice people behind the uniforms - just like you and me.
Whoever sold you airline ticket should know, if not try Egyptair.
Travel safely. :up
Smile! It confuses people
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I would think if you had a ticket that you would be fine assuming the soldiers managing the checkpoints can read airplane tickets. However, unexpected incidents could happen so I would just avoid booking a night flight myself. Curfew doesn't start until midnight anyway and since most flights that leave early leave after 3 or 4am and you have to be at the airport in advance of your flight I would just get there before midnight. Another issue would be finding a taxi driver willing to take you as he won't have a ticket when he leaves the airport to prove why he is driving around the streets after curfew. It might be best to book your transport in that case with a tour company that has cars that are clearly marked for tourist purposes. I don't break curfew though so I can't tell you from experience.
Emma84

Post by Emma84 »

Thanks for your replies,Ive been in Egypt since March this is my return flight back with BA leaving at 8am,meaning i will have to leave my town around 4am, Probs best i stay in the airport hotel the night before. Thanks once again.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Glyphdoctor wrote:I would think if you had a ticket that you would be fine assuming the soldiers managing the checkpoints can read airplane tickets. However, unexpected incidents could happen so I would just avoid booking a night flight myself. Curfew doesn't start until midnight anyway and since most flights that leave early leave after 3 or 4am and you have to be at the airport in advance of your flight I would just get there before midnight. Another issue would be finding a taxi driver willing to take you as he won't have a ticket when he leaves the airport to prove why he is driving around the streets after curfew. It might be best to book your transport in that case with a tour company that has cars that are clearly marked for tourist purposes. I don't break curfew though so I can't tell you from experience.
LUXOR4U at its best, thanks to Gylph.