The Mystery of the burnt mummy

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Helsx

The Mystery of the burnt mummy

Post by Helsx »

Excellent programme with Chris Naunton investigating the burnt mummy of King Tutankhamun.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tuta ... urnt-mummy

Love Your Life and Live your dreams
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: The Mystery of the burnt mummy

Post by newcastle »

I enjoyed watching it .....but there was little new in it !! All of the "discoveries" have been known for years but it was good to see it all put together. That Tut may have fallen under the wheels of a chariot is pure speculation. That the charring of the mummy was caused by spontaneous combustion of the materials used was surmised decades ago. Nice to see the hypothesis tested though. I was intrigued by the suggestion that there may be another tomb to be found. What??? Didn't he tell Hawass? He'd
have been there at the drop of his hat.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Yes, I enjoyed it too, although nothing new as Newcastle says. I was less convinced about the "battle" theory, but nevertheless found it an interesting programme. Maybe it will encourage more people to visit Ay's tomb - the approach through the Western Valley is unforgettable!
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Yes Yildez! Postulating that the young Tutankhamun went into battle, flying around on his chariot which then overturned and ran over him...on the basis of one piece of wall relief??? Mmmmm...
nanavira
Serbia & Montenegro

Post by nanavira »

How different from "Ultimate Tut" it is?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Typical, go to watch it and it's ''not available in your area.'' :x
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

I didn't watch the program as I thought, rightly as it seems, that it would not offer any new insights but further suppositions. Spontanious combustion? Oh please! Perhaps they should go back and read Carters notes; to release the kings body from the inner coffin and fascilitate the removal of jewlery items they lit a fire under the coffin to melt the resins, to remove the pectorals they cut away his ribcage. If there was any "spontanious combustion" within the sealed coffin it would have burned the desiccated garlands which were all over the kings mummy................ Sadly, yet another "sensationalist docusoap" based on a hairbrain idea proporting to be based on scientific fact.
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Dusak, if you feel the need to view it try here:

https://kickass.to/secret-history-tutan ... 61594.html

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I don't by the whole spontaneous combustion thing either.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Oh well!
I enjoyed it!
A dishy young Egyptologist or whatever showing us the VOK and presenting a rather entertaining programme!
I also found his theories quite interesting..cos I personally ain't that interested in how Tut died.He's dead,he's dug up...and his treasures are wonderful!
If a programme like that generates an interest in people to visit Luxor/Cairo and see these sights...then is it really that important whether or not others found it "factual?"
I just think that the funding for modern day medical technology,i.e CAT scans,X-Rays,etc would be better used on a "living"population to assist diagnosis and treatment...instead of being used on these "mummies."
But what do I know...I'm just a tourist!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

BBLUX wrote:Dusak, if you feel the need to view it try here:

https://kickass.to/secret-history-tutan ... 61594.html
Thanks for that. I eventually downloaded it and watched it. As people say, nothing much new. Watching the girlies on the hidden cam corders was more interesting, or so I'm told. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I never saw it on TV but I saw the Ultimate Tut on YouTube. One still has to wonder about Ay, why throw away Tut like that and switch his tomb with his.

A) could it have been to protect the king from Grave Robbers

B) or someone could have been in a hurry to snatch the throne for himself

The whole Chariot accident theory seems oblivious to me and rather scant . I would think in any position of the accident, Tut would have control over his horses unless someone road into him on accident or on purpose. If the Malaria scenario is accurate, I don't even see why would they even allow the King to rode on his own. As a matter a fact, I don't think he was alone someone had to been there to watch this go down and even more less to stop it. I wasn't there, so I don't know what took place, but it stills seems to me that this could have been a "Perfect Murder Scenario".

The whole "War Scenario" does sound very fitting, but as I recall if King Tut was hurt in battle or even lost the battle Egypt would have been someone else's play pin(but I can be wrong) again I think this could be a Perfect Murder Scenario.