Strictly Come Dancing.

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, TV, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Strictly Come Dancing.

Post by Scottishtourist »

It's Saturday night.I got pot of bolognese sauce simmering on cooker...and I'm watching this.
In my opinion this is the epitome of comfort in Scotland!It's best TV programme ever.Perfect family entertainment!
I can watch it with my daughters(in their 20's)I can watch it with my granddaughters (aged 3 to 8)There's no fears...no smut,no innuendo(that they can understand)Just perfect entertainment for a family of varying generations.
I believe the "hairy biker"is doing some kinda "Scottish"routine tonight.I'll await it with baited breath!But,I can even forgive Brucie all his corny jokes..cos sometimes we all just need some relaxation...without trying to understand "adult humour!"

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Re: Strictly Come Dancing.

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Well I can't agree that there is no smut or innuendo, and we have been relieved of the Brucie jokes tonight, but I do agree it is a great programme to watch.

I don't watch that many television programmes these days but Saturday night with Strictly Come Dancing and then Inspector Moltalbano at 9pm - all washed down with a pleasant bottle of Shiraz is altogether a relaxing time. :)
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Not seen this for ages last time I did was Anne Widdicome doing her stuff. I never liked the woman but totally changed my mind when I saw her, she was a good sport.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

carrie wrote:Not seen this for ages last time I did was Anne Widdicome doing her stuff. I never liked the woman but totally changed my mind when I saw her, she was a good sport.
Carrie, if your internet is up and running when I arrive, I'll show you how to watch all the UK TV programmes live, for free!! I was out last night but recorded Strictly (on the Cloud for you techies!!), Sid and I will be watching it this afternoon! :wi
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

It is working and look forward to your help with the internet, Stan told me to download a programme that would allow me to watch BBC but you know me still not got round to it.
Lisak
Palestine

Post by Lisak »

I love Strictly...I would love to have the chance to take part in this programme, I love the dancing, the costumes and I love the piccy I have of me and Anton. :D
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

We always download Strictly, but has normal, you get halfway through the series and they stop making it available for downloading. this year it stopped at the Halloween Show GGRRRRHHHH!!!!!! Dave Myers the Hairy Biker always made us laugh, 6 left feet and 8 right feet. If it ever comes back for download we think Natalie will win, Peter Crouch's missus second and Ben third. We tried watching it on Film On, but the fast movements just froze the screen, and it was like watching a Norman Collier Show, it may be the router cannot keep up with the amount of data, we have the same problem with Tipping Point and The Chase.
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:We always download Strictly, but has normal, you get halfway through the series and they stop making it available for downloading. this year it stopped at the Halloween Show GGRRRRHHHH!!!!!! Dave Myers the Hairy Biker always made us laugh, 6 left feet and 8 right feet. If it ever comes back for download we think Natalie will win, Peter Crouch's missus second and Ben third. We tried watching it on Film On, but the fast movements just froze the screen, and it was like watching a Norman Collier Show, it may be the router cannot keep up with the amount of data, we have the same problem with Tipping Point and The Chase.
Instead of watching it live, use the "record" facility on Filmon - you have to be registered to do this - and watch the next day. When I was in Luxor earlier this year I found that there was too much buffering in the evenings, probably due to increased Internet demand. Because it's recorded on the Cloud the buffering problem is removed. I have the same problem here in Turkey sometimes, so if it's a program I really want to watch I record as well, just in case! Belt and braces!
Cyprus100
United Kingdom

Post by Cyprus100 »

We do the same - download (here in Cyprus) and experienced the same problem that nobody is uploading the torrents any more. Seeders have been low so maybe they see it as a waste of time.

So this weekend I downloaded the show and the results from Halloween night via the BBC iPlayer site using expatshield. It gives you a UK VPN free of charge.

You need to make sure you're connected to expatshield before you go to the iPlayer website and when you find the episode you want, you will get the option to Download it.

You need to get the updated BBC iPlayer kit for it to work and once you have it and have the programme downloaded you can watch it via the iPlayer programme (not the BBC website). It's a stand alone programme and you don't need to be logged into expatshield once you have the episode in the player.

Only drawback is you have to watch it either through the pc or hook your pc up to your TV.

We have a 47" TV screen but my iPlayer is on the desktop pc which has no HDMI facility. Luckily, I use a 32" TV as my monitor for the desktop so we just spin our sofa round and watch it on the monitor then whizz back to watch the TV.

expatshield does give up a number of popups which are annoying especially when you first logon to it - I've found installing adblocker plus stops them! :lol:
Michele,
Previously living in Limassol, Cyprus but now back in UK since 2016 :-(
Egypt is now so far away....
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

I like Filmon because it's live, although the 2 hour time difference is a bit of a pain sometimes. I watch on the TV with the laptop hooked up to it, or on my iPad tucked up in bed with a mug of hot chocolate - sometimes with a shot of brandy for extra decadence!!! :mrgreen:
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

We downloaded it from Film on it was awful, stopping and starting all the time, I will have a look at the expatshield see if it makes any difference.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

:lol: Can't help but laugh whenever I read 'expatshield' !

Are these available to buy at point of entry into Egypt or somewhere in Luxor? ;)

:snig:
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

I have sent T'Other half to purchase this product... where do I buy it? The new abode is being signed off this week (wEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!) and I want this product installed when we move in. Do you paint it around the doors and windows, or is it a Gas ,that is activated when a undesirable Expat appears in your Stratosphere???
Waiting with shopping bag at the ready!
Maakari
United Kingdom

Post by Maakari »

ST, I thoght Hairy Dave did the Kilt proud! Loved the Proclaimers track he used, used couple of their tracks at my Dads furneral few months ago.
I love this programme, gentle and entertaining. Always makes my dancing feet twitch, not done my dancing since beginning of year because of all this bloody illness! I miss it so much! I have turned into a fat useless couch potato!
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

I always love to see the reaction of the celebrities when they get "paired up" with their dancing partners.
The women are literally salivating when they see these handsome gents.
And the men!!Well they just look as if they've finally seen a vision of heaven when they get to "tango" with these beautiful girls.
Thought Dave was very complimentary towards his partner when they got voted off (oops...hope I've not spoiled it for anyone!)
He said it was "like taking driving lessons and getting a Ferrari to practice in."
What a nice compliment...seems like a proper gent!
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

I notice that the BBC Player comes up has a subscription player even when using expatshield, is there anyway around this please?

Chocolate (Scrooge) Eclair :lol:
Cyprus100
United Kingdom

Post by Cyprus100 »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:I notice that the BBC Player comes up has a subscription player even when using expatshield, is there anyway around this please?

Chocolate (Scrooge) Eclair :lol:
I don't get that message!
Michele,
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

I am saying that ITV player is free to all stations and catch up's, the BBC player on my screen comes up wanting my credit card number and to charge me a fiver a month to use. Only the radio stations are free...
Cyprus100
United Kingdom

Post by Cyprus100 »

I'm not sure whereabouts you are seeing that message CE?

I've just opened the expatshield and then the BBC iPlayer and gone to Monday nights' episode of Eastenders and I've received no such notification.

Are you logging in to the BBC website by any chance?

I've never done that, I just choose the programme I want to download and then watch it through the BBC player software rather than streaming it directly from iPlayer.

Other than that - pop up a screenshot so I can see where it displays for you...

I've no intentions of paying for UK tv!
Michele,