Question?

If you have any suggestions about this site or if you need any help with accessing or posting on the forum, including any computer, Internet or General problems, then post here.
Guests can post in this section. Guest posts will not show till a moderator approves the post.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Question?

Post by Dusak »

Over the last two weeks I have been having the odd problem after I have logged on. The screen goes very, very slow and the cursor suddenly freezes, causing me to curse. The spell corrector will take an age to kick in and the snow flakes are creating small drifts in the corner of the screen they are dropping so slowly. I have tried to re-fresh but to no avail. Any ideas?

Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: Question?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Get your snow shovel and clear out the corners - they're icing up. What else do you think is causing you to freeze up? GHEESH! :urm:

:P :P :P :P :P
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Dusak wrote:Over the last two weeks I have been having the odd problem after I have logged on. The screen goes very, very slow and the cursor suddenly freezes, causing me to curse. The spell corrector will take an age to kick in and the snow flakes are creating small drifts in the corner of the screen they are dropping so slowly. I have tried to re-fresh but to no avail. Any ideas?
Too many people using FilmOn and mopping up all the bandwidth! :evil:
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Try turning the snow off Dusak (if you have a old computer it may affect the speed)

Click the link below or go to your User Control Panel then select Board preferences In the part Enable Holiday Snow click no then submit.

ucp.php?i=174
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

DJKeefy wrote:Try turning the snow off Dusak (if you have a old computer it may affect the speed)

Click the link below or go to your User Control Panel then select Board preferences In the part Enable Holiday Snow click no then submit.

Too many people using FilmOn and mopping up all the bandwidth! :evil:
Done that Keefy thanks, so only time will tell. The lap top is OK as it is new from the UK with powerful processor and loads of ram and hard drive space.

You may have something there Brian as I have noted it is the day after I've had a nosy on Filmon that it slows, but it did it a couple of times before I loaded that program so I disabled my animated screen saver. I now I only use the lap top thats connected to the TV. But at least its stopped snowing. :up Thanks for your reply's.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Barb

Post by Barb »

DJKeefy wrote:Try turning the snow off Dusak (if you have a old computer it may affect the speed)

ucp.php?i=174
I couldnt do that, my cats are fascinated by them and try to catch them. :lol:
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

So, can I go to the user control panel and turn them back into ? question marks ? they where far more fun, and very 'trippy…….do they come in other colours ?….. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
BBLUX
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Location: Winter in West Bank, Luxor and La Vienne, France in Summer
France

Post by BBLUX »

Always questions, questions, questions :P

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I'm on my other lap top at the moment cos the other is flat due to the cat pulling the charger lead out. This one is using Internet Explorer, which I don't like using due to many problems in the past so use Fire Fox, but I have to say the speed is super fast at the moment, far faster than the new one. May even switch the snow back on. :up
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

I am quite enjoying explorer 11 at the moment, not had a problem with it at all like I did with other versions of explorer.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I get regular notifications for these updates but choose not to do it due to past problems. But as I stated on the last post it certainly was super fast. I may update the other lap to give it a go.