British Tourist Raped in Sharm el Sheik

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: British Tourist Raped in Sharm el Sheik

Post by Glyphdoctor »

More details from the security cameras: http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2014/03/2 ... man-raped/

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Daily News Egypt wrote:Security footage from the night in question shows that the woman was “sitting in the bar” with other hotel guests “until two o’clock in the morning on 6 March 2014 and was under the influence of alcohol”, said Zahran. She added: “They all left the bar heading to their rooms as recorded by cameras.”

In the United Kingdom, Hampshire Police are investigating the claim made by the 47 year-old. Hampshire Police said the woman “reported to police that she was attacked on 6 March at half past midnight”, adding: “It happened at a hotel in Sharm El-Sheikh.”
Maybe the womans watch was still set to UK time or when she reported it in the UK she give the UK time in the report which woulld have put it at 2:30am
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

:tk Who's to say the timer on the camera was set correctly? Stranger things have happened when it comes to recorded evidence!

In the past (wearing one of my other hats) ...I have been involved with Hampshire Police over similar incidents that required international investigations, some of the incidents took place in the UK but one was abroad. They were most certainly thorough in their investigations, even with follow ups years later when everyone thought the cases were closed. They were also very supportive to the victims.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

The security forces arrested Thursday the security personnel accused of raping a British tourist at a hotel in Sharm el-Sheikh on 6 March.

He was identified through the biological analysis of samples taken from the rape scene. A security source told Al-Masry Al-Youm that the defendant erased the surveillance videos in order to conceal his crime.

Authorities say the defendant confessed to the crime, after which he was referred to prosecution, the source added.

Other sources said the tourist's divorced husband filed a complaint of the incident to the police after the victim refused to file an official claim by herself.

Source: http://www.egyptindependent.com//news/m ... t-arrested
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

Hmmm how strange, in another newsfeed above Heba Zahran, head of the Human Resources Committee of the Chamber of Hotel Facilities for the South Sinai Governorate, said:
Security footage from the night in question shows that the woman was “sitting in the bar” with other hotel guests “until two o’clock in the morning on 6 March 2014 and was under the influence of alcohol”, said Zahran. She added: “They all left the bar heading to their rooms as recorded by cameras.”
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

That's journalism for you Keefy... :cg

J.C had the same problem getting his message across, so it's nothing new... :cool:

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Besides arresting the security guard they have also closed the hotel, so I am reliably informed.. :cool:
Ps: one feels that the guard, would confess to raping Princess Diana after a night of the 'detectives interrogating him with the 'old truncheon up 'where the sun don't shine, technique.
Ps: give me 'water-boarding anyday..
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

Who2 wrote:Ps: one feels that the guard, would confess to raping Princess Diana after a night of the 'detectives interrogating him with the 'old truncheon up 'where the sun don't shine, technique.
pps. that's not a truncheon, it's his **** tool pistol.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

well he should be keeping his 'pistol in his pocket.. :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Yet another aspect to the duality of life.. 2 sides to every story.. :up
Problem is: Which person do you believe ? :tk

Still got an opinion on something you didn't witness ? Move along nothing to see here.. . :cg
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Glyphdoctor wrote:It's Keefy's scenario now:
http://www.egyptindependent.com//news/s ... sh-tourist
Let's just hope that justice prevails for whoever is the wronged party in this unfortunate incident.

But,I too have been told rather unsavoury tales from my Egyptian friends of tourists trying to "lure" them into situations they don't want to be in!
My dear friend (the one who is married with 3 children)used to work as a night porter in hotel in Luxor many years ago.An elderly female tourist pestered him quite relentlessly.One night she called him and said there was a scorpion in her room!He figured that scorpions were quite dangerous and had no other option than to go to her room to remove it.She was waiting "buck naked"behind the door for him...so he beat a hasty retreat!

Another friend (waiter on cruise boat)had a helluva time with a gay man(tourist)on the boat.He(the tourist) asked him if he could kiss him,asked him where his cabin was,offered him money,wanted "private"time with him,etc,etc.My friend was horrified!He reported it to his manager...but still had to wait on this man's table for duration of the cruise.

I also witnessed it on my last stay in hotel in Luxor.There was a lovely young waiter who was always very polite with me.He was educated,respectful and an asset to the hotel.He worked hard and was waiting to go to University.
God..he was harrassed to death by an older man staying in hotel.
This guy constantly interrupted him when he was taking my lunch orders,asked his advice on ridiculous matters like skincare,asked him to bring breakfast to his room,asked him to carry his Stella up to his room in the evening,etc,etc.
The young lad was terrified of him!!

So,whilst we can sometimes see the comedic element in these scenarios..let's just bear in mind that they can have serious consequences.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

So why on earth do they allow single foreign women or men around hotel pools I wonder?
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Glyphdoctor wrote:So why on earth do they allow single foreign women or men around hotel pools I wonder?
Because they have far more cash in their wallets and purses than the staff do. Money is power, an assumption of wealth is awarded with unwavering acceptance towards their honesty and truth. [********]
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

It may be time to consider a unisex staff, rather than all male staff. I often wonder how women get on when buying underwear, because its mainly all male staff selling it.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

The hotels I've stayed at here have had female staff.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Glyphdoctor
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I know some women can't recognize harassment when it happens to them (otherwise you can't explain how most women who marry those who work in tourism met their husbands), but still this seems a bit extreme:
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... n-sex.aspx