Kinds of Love.

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Kinds of Love.

Post by WIZARD »

Kinds of Love:

Infatuation-
loving feelings towards a love object that are largely based upon fantasy and idealization (instead of experience). Often when partners get to know each other, infatuation diminishes.

Romantic Love-
An abiding love for a partner with whom you feel passion, attraction, caring and respect.

Eros-
a passionate love usually involving sexual feelings for a love interest.

Companion Love-
feelings of warmth towards a friend with whom you love to spend time

Unconditional Love-
A type of affection and caring that is so strong that you feel it consistently, regardless of what that other person does

Conditional Love-
A love that requires specific action or conditions in order to be maintained. For example, at its extreme, a parent who gives very conditional love would only love his child when he gets straight A’s, becomes a surgeon and has two children. The love is based on outside conditions and when they do not occur, the love is withdrawn.

Puppy Love-
A childish, innocent temporary crush on someone that you don’t know well.

Maternal Love-
This term usually connotes love that is nurturing, accepting and protective. In actuality this love can also be given by a father etc.

Paternal Love-
This term connotes love that involves guidance and some authority. Paternal love usually prepares a child to be ready for the outside world. Again, in reality this type of love is not gender specific.

Soulmate Love-
This type of love is described as a love that has survived multiple life times. Not everyone believes in this concept.

Spiritual/Divine Love-
This type of love recognizes the Divine light in everyone and everything. Love is given to everyone as an act of loving God.

Love of your country or patriotism-
This is love for the place you live or the place that were born. It is a type of loyalty and a special feeling of belonging that you attribute to that specific geographic location.

Self-Love-
This is a positive feeling that you have about who you are and what you deserve. It often is expressed by treating yourself well, respecting yourself, wanting yourself to be happy and expecting others to respect you too.

Brotherly Love-
This term connotes having a feeling of love for your neighbor, because all humanity is considered to be part of a larger family of human beings.

Tough Love-
This term is used to describe a love that is expressed by setting boundaries for the good of the other person. So for example, a parent may send their teenager to rehab if he is drug addicted, even if he does not want to go. They feel that this is an act of love because it stems from a desire for their son’s ultimate good and happiness.

Which Types of Love Have You Experienced?

WIZARD
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Re: Kinds of Love.

Post by BENNU »

All the above
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

All of them at one time or another.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

BENNU wrote:All the above
carrie wrote:All of them at one time or another.
Me too, still very much loved and appreciating it as much as I possibly can...
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Same for me as well, tried them all, read the books, visited the counseling centers [for the free biscuits and tea] group therapy sessions, came out feeling worse than when I went in, had the ear of friends, reply from Marjorie Proops, she was a dear. Now a soloist biker, tandem days over, complete contentment. [my cats love me until the fish runs out] :tk ... that seems to be a familiar observation...
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.