Pope Francis = Good Guy ?

Luxor has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Pope Francis = Good Guy ?

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Not wishing to let go of this topic, and the GOOD work continues.
Also Pope Francis should be able to see and deal with some of the forces of evil that are apparent in this article.

Pope Francis's habit of picking up the phone and cold calling people who write to him is landing the Vatican in hot water and spokesman Federico Lombardi has had enough.

Lombardi said on Thursday the calls were part of the pope's "personal pastoral relationships" and "do not in any way form a part of the pope's public activities".

The spokesman said media reports about the phone calls have been "a source of misunderstanding and confusion".

"Consequences relating to the teaching of the Church are not to be inferred from these occurrences," he said.

The statement follows reports about a phone call that Francis apparently made to a woman in Argentina who had complained her parish priest would not grant her Holy Communion because she had divorced and remarried.

Francis was quoted by the woman's husband as saying that the issue was being "looked at" in the Vatican and that divorcees who take Holy Communion "are doing nothing bad". ........ cont..
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pope-francis- ... =m#HH50BIv

AND.

Badge Andrew Brown Blog
Pope Francis condemns inequality, thus refusing to play the game
In explicitly prizing human beings over markets, Francis has confirmed he is a far cry from the Reaganist Pope John Paul II he just canonised

Inequality is the root of social evil, Pope Francis has tweeted, only a day after he canonised Pope John Paul II, a man regarded by American rightwingers as the spiritual arm of Ronald Reagan. So, Saint John Paul II is now officially stowed in heaven, and his attitude to capitalism has been consigned to the attic where the Catholic church keeps its lumber of discarded opinions.

Francis has been saying things a lot like this for years, most recently last autumn. Each time, the voices of largely American conservatives explaining that he has been misunderstood get a little less self-assured. It is – even for a Republican party hack – difficult to mistake what the Pope meant, although one site has already made a heroic attempt by translating the tweet into Latin: it appears to be a denunciation of injustice rather than inequality. But in last autumn's essay, Evangelii Gaudium, Francis wrote that: "Just as the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill' sets a clear limit in order to safeguard the value of human life, today we also have to say 'Thou shalt not' to an economy of exclusion and inequality. Such an economy kills … Today everything comes under the laws of competition and the survival of the fittest, where the powerful feed upon the powerless. As a consequence, masses of people find themselves excluded and marginalised: without work, without possibilities, without any means of escape. Human beings are themselves considered consumer goods to be used and then discarded." ..... cont..

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... -john-paul

:up

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

As a Roman Catholic I was brought up to believe that the Pope was infallable his words were handed out as if from a conduit directly linking him to God.
Priests and Nuns were people to be respected and never questioned, if I had reported to my parents that a Priest had sexually abused me I would never have been believed, non ever did, apart from the physical abuse that the Nuns handed out in Primary school.
I lost my faith in the Catholic Church a long time go and relevations about the abuse and cover ups that followed that abuse only went to confirm my decision never to have anything to do with them again.
Whether Pope Francis is a good man or a bad, he and all the current hierarchy of the Catholic Church helped maintain this abuse of power.
As for Canonizing two former Popes I thought that miracles had to be proven to be directly connected to anyone who is made a saint, what miracles did these two perform except manageing to maintain the cover up for more years than woud reasonable be expected.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Pope Francis = Good Guy ?
Difficult Question to answer as having never met the 'gezzer, but him being the shepherd to a few billion sheep one wonders as to his views on poverty and those sheep in dire poverty that feed his flock one wonders.
But being CEO of the worlds largest company he, like all CEO's have a board of directors he has to answer to.
I don't think he has to answer to the CEO of all CEO's although they say he has a direct line to the 'big man, which I seriously doubt.
Anyway they can always beatify a few more ruddy 'saints... :cool:
Ps: 'where's Stan when you need him...probably arguing with the chief CEO...
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

The Catholic church have an important job to do right now, and that old pope was not going to play ball, hence his departure just in the nick of time.
The net is closing on the forces of Evil, as we knew it always would in the end.

Pope Francis does not agree to this canonisation of the old popes, but he had to do it.
He knows fine well this so called "Hall of Fame" will ultimately do the Popes of Old no good whatsoever...

Amends will be made, Francis will be the man to lead the way, and others will join in with him.

I'll never be a catholic, or any other religious worshipper, but I do have faith in the forces of what we would describe as "Good".
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bullet Magnet wrote:The Catholic church have an important job to do right now, and that old pope was not going to play ball, hence his departure just in the nick of time.
The net is closing on the forces of Evil, as we knew it always would in the end.

Pope Francis does not agree to this canonisation of the old popes, but he had to do it.
He knows fine well this so called "Hall of Fame" will ultimately do the Popes of Old no good whatsoever...

Amends will be made, Francis will be the man to lead the way, and others will join in with him.

I'll never be a catholic, or any other religious worshipper, but I do have faith in the forces of what we would describe as "Good".
Lets hope so, its only taken 2000 odd years to get to the stage where they are now.

Mary Magdelane had to wait until the 60's to have the slur of her being a prostitute recanted - given the time frames of that and now their apparent wish to deal with their sex offenders I calculate that by 3500 AD they will reach the stage of considering women the equals of men.

Radical man!