Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:It's funny you know, but our friend Frater here posted something so important, not just to his, some would say eccentric knowledge, but to the FACT that most Egyptologists of the modern day do not even twig that is so important to understanding of the Seti/Ram tombs, and although I notice a number of interested people have looked since the previous post, none have asked the most obvious question that relates to these two most important tombs.

Oh Stan, how we miss you.
Remind me......"the most obvious question" ?? Indulge me as I can't be arsed to trawl through the ramblings of Frater .

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:
A-Four wrote:It's funny you know, but our friend Frater here posted something so important, not just to his, some would say eccentric knowledge, but to the FACT that most Egyptologists of the modern day do not even twig that is so important to understanding of the Seti/Ram tombs, and although I notice a number of interested people have looked since the previous post, none have asked the most obvious question that relates to these two most important tombs.

Remind me......"the most obvious question" ?? Indulge me as I can't be arsed to trawl through the ramblings of Frater .
Dose me 'ed in when you are left hanging over the cliff like that. :td Why can they not carry on with... and that most obvious question being... :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Dusak wrote:
newcastle wrote:

Dose me 'ed in when you are left hanging over the cliff like that. :td Why can they not carry on with... and that most obvious question being... :up
what's the question?
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

What's the question Frater ?.....welcome back BTW....we're all waiting with bated breath :lol:
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Well my interest in Frater's written work on here starts around half way through page six of this topic, if am pleased that it rouses the interest of our big gun on here K-in A, however during the week, I am quite busy, but will come back to this subject again, over the week- end, when I have more time to defend myself from the slings and arrows of,............well you know the rest.

At least one thing we have sorted out already, is the difference between a coffin and a sacophogus, when dealing with 18th - 20th Dynasty Egypt.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:Well my interest in Frater's written work on here starts around half way through page six of this topic, if am pleased that it rouses the interest of our big gun on here K-in A, however during the week, I am quite busy, but will come back to this subject again, over the week- end, when I have more time to defend myself from the slings and arrows of,............well you know the rest.

At least one thing we have sorted out already, is the difference between a coffin and a sacophogus, when dealing with 18th - 20th Dynasty Egypt.
Well......whenever you're ready :cg

To be or not to be.....is that the question :ni:

BTW Just 'cos I got bored with your dissertation on coffins/sarcophagi and didn't comment further, don't assume for a moment that I agree with a word of it :vs
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

what's baited breath
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Frater, I thought you were having a rest from the Forum? Didn't last long.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Frater0082 wrote:what's baited breath

"The whole common room listened with baited breath."

As so often is the case, help is found in the writings of the Bard. The earliest known citation of the phrase is from Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice, 1596:

What should I say to you? Should I not say
'Hath a dog money? is it possible
A cur can lend three thousand ducats?' Or
Shall I bend low and in a bondman's key,
With bated breath and whispering humbleness, Say this;
'Fair sir, you spit on me on Wednesday last;
You spurn'd me such a day; another time
You call'd me dog; and for these courtesies
I'll lend you thus much moneys'?

'Bated' is simply a shortened form of 'abated', meaning 'to bring down, lower or depress'. 'Abated breath' makes perfect sense and that's where the phrase comes from.

So there you have it :wi
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Oh i sort of get it now
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

I can see this is going to be a busy week-end, but let us remember that Egyptology is not any where near a pure science, and perhaps items that make very excellent common sense is often so easily lost in the glorification of some one who want to write,.....their book.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

A-Four wrote:I can see this is going to be a busy week-end, but let us remember that Egyptology is not any where near a pure science, and perhaps items that make very excellent common sense is often so easily lost in the glorification of some one who want to write,.....their book.
The only reason why I wrote the two books that I wrote just as you say to get some help. I didn't know what to do with this story i was about to lock it in the back of my mind but, something inside me wouldn't let me so that's why i went further to write the books. I'm still wondering if the experience that i faced was actually a past life or false memories of some sort. The question is still in the air and i'm waiting very much for the day when someone actually looks into this story.

I even tried mental attacks telling myself that this couldn't be but something still told me to hold on and that's where i am now still holding on.
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

Yildez wrote:Frater, I thought you were having a rest from the Forum? Didn't last long.

I seem to remember a hissy fit along the lines of "I will not/never comment again" - But then maybe I just dreamed it....................
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I had a very mild, but still disturbing, mental attack about half way through the post. I'm OK now as I have seen the light at the end of a VERY long tunnel leading to an entombed coffin shaped sarcophagus thingy. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Another Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings...
"It's really really big and really really old said a spokesperson from the local 'antikirelocation mission said today.
DVD on request serious buyers only all major C.C. accepted...... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Kevininabydos wrote:
Yildez wrote:Frater, I thought you were having a rest from the Forum? Didn't last long.

I seem to remember a hissy fit along the lines of "I will not/never comment again" - But then maybe I just dreamed it....................
Yeah I did but I couldn't help myself
Yildez
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Yildez »

Frater0082 wrote:
Kevininabydos wrote:

Yeah I did but I couldn't help myself

Try harder.
Kevininabydos
Palestine

Post by Kevininabydos »

I seem to remember a hissy fit along the lines of "I will not/never comment again" - But then maybe I just dreamed it....................[/quote]

Yeah I did but I couldn't help myself[/quote]

Try harder.[/quote]
Ditto
“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

Marcus Aurelius
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Carry on as you like Frater don't let anyone suggest that you should go or not post what you like.

Just ignore intolerant people.

Sometimes I wish they would go away!
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Zooropa wrote: Just ignore intolerant people.

Sometimes I wish they would go away!
:urm: That's tolerant.