Welcome to the world of Ooparts, or Out of Place Artefacts..

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Welcome to the world of Ooparts, or Out of Place Artefac

Post by Who2 »

Life's a Mystery ? only to the uninitiated..:cool:
'live & learn....
phpBB [video]

"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Who2 wrote:Life's a Mystery ? only to the uninitiated..:cool:
'live & learn....
phpBB [video]
enough said man :D
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Puts it all into perspective somewhat does it not..? ? ? :cg
The never ending carousel.. Clever... :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

amusing isn't it.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Frater0082 wrote:
Bullet Magnet wrote:Thank You Frater... :up
You welcome

I'm not here to down any Egyptologists and tell them that what they believe is totally wrong but I would like for everyone to be open minded on things because just because certain things not written doesn't mean it didn't happen. Remember life itself is a mystery
Of course! And egyptologists need to explain anomalies (not just dismiss them) as BM has eloquently explained throughout this thread. But your dreams, dear Frater, are not anomalies....they're DREAMS :wi
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Funnily enough though, Last weekend we met a lady at Rhug chapel, and my wife mentioned Egypt to her, and she said she could never go to Egypt.

I asked why, and she said that when she was younger, she had a vivid dream and Tutankhamun stood in front of her and told her she must never come to Egypt.

"Can't argue with that" !!! I said... :cg

My wife said, "well, it's only a dream, I wouldn't take any notice" . :urm:

And THAT, is why I love her so much.... :D
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:
Bullet Magnet wrote:Thank You Frater... :up
You welcome

I'm not here to down any Egyptologists and tell them that what they believe is totally wrong but I would like for everyone to be open minded on things because just because certain things not written doesn't mean it didn't happen. Remember life itself is a mystery
Of course! And egyptologists need to explain anomalies (not just dismiss them) as BM has eloquently explained throughout this thread. But your dreams, dear Frater, are not anomalies....they're DREAMS :wi
Says you and science
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Science cannot explain anything really. even the scientist are at a loss to explain how matter can exist, which lets face it, is pretty fundamental to our whole existence down here in the low vibratory plains...
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bullet Magnet wrote:Science cannot explain anything really. even the scientist are at a loss to explain how matter can exist, which lets face it, is pretty fundamental to our whole existence down here in the low vibratory plains...
"Science cannot explain anything really" :ni: You shouldn't wonder why most people don't pay too much attention to promoters of "alternative theories" when they come out with daft generalisations like that :lol:

Let's try and keep the discussion at a reasonably intellectual level eh?
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

While I like the rational thinking, BUT, I want an explanation as to how matter can exist, and as yet we do not have one.
But science knows everything else about matter, without knowing how the matter ( everything else) exists in the first place ?

Quote Max Planck:

There is no matter as such.
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together.
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.
This mind is the matrix of all matter.

I regard consciousness as fundamental.
I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about,
everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.

As quoted in The Observer (25 January 1931)
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bullet Magnet wrote:While I like the rational thinking, BUT, I want an explanation as to how matter can exist, and as yet we do not have one.
But science knows everything else about matter, without knowing how the matter ( everything else) exists in the first place ?

Quote Max Planck:

There is no matter as such.
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together.
We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.
This mind is the matrix of all matter.

I regard consciousness as fundamental.
I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about,
everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.

As quoted in The Observer (25 January 1931)
" We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind " :urm: Really ?? Why?
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Because the matter that is produced has form. The order from the chaos if you like.
Therfore, something must be controlling it, and this is why we have a belief in God the omnipresent being, rather than knowing that we are living in a dreamstate.

If you look at a computer game, the laws of physics apply, you stop when you walk into a wall, but of course we all know that a computer game is just a massive amount of computer code, and within that code, there has to be rules for the coding to work.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Bullet Magnet wrote:Because the matter that is produced has form. The order from the chaos if you like.
Therfore, something must be controlling it, and this is why we have a belief in God the omnipresent being, rather than knowing that we are living in a dreamstate.

If you look at a computer game, the laws of physics apply, you stop when you walk into a wall, but of course we all know that a computer game is just a massive amount of computer code, and within that code, there has to be rules for the coding to work.
All I can say is that your "assertions" -based on no evidence - that everything that exists MUST have a creator and that everything that happens HAS TO HAVE, ultimately, a controller simply don't resonate with me.

They appear to be nothing more than saying " I don't know why matter exists or how the universe is ordered THEREFORE I CONCLUDE there is a God etc.etc. with all the requisite powers and attributes to satisfy my need for an explanation."

Science has answers to most questions regarding the universe except, currently, it's initial formation and the creation of life, but we are getting ever closer to understanding what could have happened and there are some interesting theories.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Some of us see things differently to others, and I dont know why ? Personal experiences are one thing, provable they are not.
There does however come a time in your life, where you look back and realise that things are not quite as they seem.
As far as I can see life is subjective, and the mind is far more powerful than we give it credit for. I will happily take that knowledge to the grave with me, and its why I do not fear death, because death too is just an illusion.

There is something called "The Observer Effect" and that is something well worth looking into.
A quick test is to go on public transport and look at someone who is not looking in your direction, they will turn and look straight at you.

Better still, if you notice a cat hunting prey in your garden, stare hard at the cat....