Luxor - Boatman arrested

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Luxor - Boatman arrested

Post by HEPZIBAH »

All too often we read that either the Tourist Police aren't around or don't do anything anyway. This report would seem to indicate that they are doing something pro-active.

(Sorry about the translation but I'm sure you'll get the drift.)

Luxor News Live
9 minutes ago
Boatman arrested and detained unemployed and tourists in Luxor forced stole directly from Luxor threw Tourist and Antiquities Police province of Luxor, arrested boatman, two unemployed, they have detained one of the tourists and forced stolen while walking down the walkway Tourism Korn

Yesh Nile following the completion of a picnic Nile cruise aboard Lynch tourist. Brigade was excellent Fathi Assistant Minister of Interior for the Tourist and Antiquities Police have received notification of the incident from Major General Kamal Alqlaoy Director of Department of Tourism. was immediately formed a research team led by General Hosni Hussein inspector Investigation of Tourism and Antiquities Luxor. shows inquiries Colonel Abu pilgrims Kamal Chief of Detectives of Tourism and Antiquities in Luxor and his aides submitted Mahmoud Salah and Hassan Abdel-existing health as stated in the communiqué tourist who named Richard Arthur Johnson "54 years" and evaluates Hotel and Winter Palace existence of the robbery, where he went, accompanied by boatman named Hassan Ali Hassan "," 25 years old "and lives in the village of Baarat for a picnic Nile cruise aboard Lynch tourist versus 100 pounds, and when he felt the ferryman richness of tourist increased the amount to 300 pounds, gave him a tourist 400 class bicentennial against the promenade and refused Boatman re rest. As it turns out investigations that the defendant had contacted three of his friends who met a tourist after he left the boat, which stopped him and the second defendant, Mohammed Haggag Ahmed, "19 years old" and evaluates Street Sidi Mahmoud in Luxor and the third defendant, named Salem Abdel Rady, "24 years old" and evaluates Balawamah searched then grab the wristwatch its own and the amount of £ 200 and Card Visa its own, and forced him under threat of revealing personal identification number and then they gave him the defendant fourth named Ahmed Abdel-Hamid Zakir "26 years" and who went to a cash dispenser National Bank and withdrew $ 5 thousand pounds, and after returning from Bank left the tourists to come back to his residence at the hotel. enables the research team to identify the personal perpetrators of the incident with the help of cameras Bank and the arrest of the accused first and second and in possession of the amount of 900 pounds and confessed the incident, and Gary Find other defendants, and frees report on the incident No. 2 Reliable tourist police and notified the prosecution that took over the investigation, and the detention order 4 days and adjust and bring the other defendants. seventh day

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Luxor - Boatman arrested

Post by Who2 »

Well there you have it CE in plain engleesh Plod are on the case albeit with 2 generals 1 colonel and the chief of detectives, they got their men pretty much bang to rights...:cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Chocolate Eclair
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Chocolate Eclair »

Good for the Luxor Police, it is noticeable that the Luxor Police are well on the ball, and are now showing a higher profile, I hope this crosses the river soon....there seems to be a block in peoples minds on the West Bank about reporting incidents to the Police and if you ask anyone why they have not reported it they tell you straight, that they will be asked for money. While ever this attitude is thought then the West Bank Police do not stand much chance at the moment.

Let me ask you a question, being a European have you ever had to go through a security check on the West Bank say for getting the registration for your vehicle or for getting a drivers license, if you have how much were you charged for this security check? I was charged 100le for one that I had to have done, but the same security check that also had to go through the Luxor Police, they charged me nothing. its the same Police Force so why are there so many differences?:

Maybe they need a general to come down from Cairo to take charge of the West Bank Police for a while to get things in order...
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Chocolate Eclair wrote:Good for the Luxor Police, it is noticeable that the Luxor Police are well on the ball, and are now showing a higher profile, I hope this crosses the river soon....THERE SEEMS TO BE A BLOCK IN PEOPLES MINDS ON THE WEST BANK ABOUT REPORTING INCIDENTS TO THE POLICE and if you ask anyone why they have not reported it they tell you straight, that they will be asked for money. While ever this attitude is thought then the West Bank Police do not stand much chance at the moment.

Let me ask you a question, being a European have you ever had to go through a security check on the West Bank say for getting the registration for your vehicle or for getting a drivers license, if you have how much were you charged for this security check? I was charged 100le for one that I had to have done, but the same security check that also had to go through the Luxor Police, they charged me nothing. its the same Police Force so why are there so many differences?:

Maybe they need a general to come down from Cairo to take charge of the West Bank Police for a while to get things in order...
Perhaps they prefer to take a more direct action like yourself by way of beating them half to death with a length of 2x2 instead of reporting it to the feds. :roll:

A good result, only another thousand or so to go before we see a clear water revival. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Either the police are working or all the people going past me everyday to the court in the back of the prison truck mistook it for the bus downtown and jumped on themselves.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bombay wrote:Either the police are working or all the people going past me everyday to the court in the back of the prison truck mistook it for the bus downtown and jumped on themselves.
Theres plenty of people catch the bus/train/drive into my office every day, doesn't mean there working or actually doing anything useful when they get there.

All these years I thought it was a major duty of a policeman in Luxor to guard a doorway with his arse.

They have always been pretty good at that.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

Zooropa wrote:
Bombay wrote:Either the police are working or all the people going past me everyday to the court in the back of the prison truck mistook it for the bus downtown and jumped on themselves.
Theres plenty of people catch the bus/train/drive into my office every day, doesn't mean there working or actually doing anything useful when they get there.

All these years I thought it was a major duty of a policeman in Luxor to guard a doorway with his arse.

they always stand up when I pass perhaps its you :D
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bombay wrote:
Zooropa wrote:

they always stand up when I pass perhaps its you :D
Of course they do - Ive not reached your level of respectability obviously!
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

They have always been pretty good at that.[/quote]

they always stand up when I pass perhaps its you :D[/quote]

Of course they do - Ive not reached your level of respectability obviously![/quote]

:))) :))) :)))
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Just can't make head nor tail of the translation!
Anyone have an easier one?
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Scottishtourist wrote:Just can't make head nor tail of the translation!
Yep - here you go:

Someone in Luxor got arrested.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Once upon a time there existed in Luxor a jolly boatman called Roger. One day his ship, the buccaneering gobshites decided to earn a little extra bounty by transporting a passenger up and down the Nile. The pirates saw his wealth and decided to shanghai him as he disembarked on his return journey to his hotel. Cutlass held to throat, they demanded a ransom of cash and belongings. But they were thwarted by a hidden observer, the Scarlet Pimpernel who organized a raiding party by the customs men. They, with a witness, apprehended the pirates and threw them in the brig.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Dusak wrote:
Once upon a time there existed in Luxor a jolly boatman called Roger. One day his ship, the buccaneering gobshites decided to earn a little extra bounty by transporting a passenger up and down the Nile. The pirates saw his wealth and decided to shanghai him as he disembarked on his return journey to his hotel. Cutlass held to throat, they demanded a ransom of cash and belongings. But they were thwarted by a hidden observer, the Scarlet Pimpernel who organized a raiding party by the customs men. They, with a witness, apprehended the pirates and threw them in the brig.
Not as concise as mine!