No Such thing as Karma.. ??

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

No Such thing as Karma.. ??

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Personally I believe that Karma is to a lesser degree self imposed, but then there are some things that will come back to haunt you,
Hunting I have no issue with, if you need to eat, but if it's Killing for Killing's sake, then watch out.. :cg

A Dream Contract with L'oreal because you have those superficial good looks that will sell stuff in adverts ?

A teenager who became a L’Oréal model after she was spotted supporting Belgium during the World Cup has had her modelling contract cancelled after she posted Facebook pictures of herself hunting wild game in Africa.

Axelle Despiegelaere signed a contract earlier this month with the famous French cosmetics brand after she was photographed in Brazil wearing a Belgian “Red Devils” team hat and with her face painted in Belgium’s national colours. She was hailed on social media as the “most beautiful” football supporter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... cture.html

There is probably more than one lesson in life here... :tk

There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: No Such thing as Karma.. ??

Post by Dusak »

There are plenty of pretty faced girls in our local souk here that don't do hunting. :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Back in the day of the dinosaur on a small island living on the north end we didn't really have grocery stores - well we did but mostly empty shelves (and the boat only came once a season) so we hunted and fished and raised animal/chickens for slaughter and grew huge gardens and canned and froze food so as to stay alive during the winters. Ecologically there was balance and a personal barter system of 'goods' - 10 chickens for a sheep idea and nobody cared what you looked like. Karma ruled..........nowadays am not so sure. Take a shot if you dare and lose your career - but - did you really NEED to be doing that?
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Quote : did you really NEED to be doing that?

Exactly. Nothing short of murder for pleasure, obviously since Daddy can afford such hunting trips, now he can keep on subsidising her "spoiled rotten" lifestyle
now there is no money from L O'Real..

Get Real more like.. Live and learn... We hope.. :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We used to catch fish (salmon for canning/drying/freezing), shoot deer and elk for food for the freezer. Locally if a bear/wolf/cougar turned in a nuisance and had to be shot and killed the Conservation guys skinned and kept the meat. Then once a year, usually towards Christmas time the entire town turned out for a banquet feast and we ate 'em! ;) Actually the Conservation guys kept the meat on all animals they had to deal with - sea lions, seals, raccoon, muskrat, beaver, squirrel etc. Have eaten them all and have to say nobody objected and nothing was wasted.

By and large here now Conservation hands out 'tags' for what can be shot and killed as a way to keep the populations in check. There are different animal rights groups that have concerns but ??? To me seems like all WAS in balance at one time. Not as sure now but in the good old days Karma seemed to have it all worked out so ALL of us benefited.