Do you believe in Ghosts.

There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by WIZARD »

It is often hard to separate fact from fiction, especially when it comes to the supernatural. Who knows the real ghost facts from the false. Those who truly believe are often fed a lot of lies or half truths.

The truth is, no one really knows for sure. These apparent 'ghost facts' are collected from the professionals, those who apparently hunt ghosts, or those who have apparently experienced them, creating one of the most comprehensive set of documents containing 'facts' about ghost you can find.

WIZARD
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts.

Post by BENNU »

I have seen ghosts, but I do not believe any more in them than I do florists or postmen.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I have to say yes WIZARD as I have no trouble seeing through several members on here.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Don't believe I've ever seen one however I do have a very elderly aunt who for years has claimed the old farm house she lives in has a couple of ghosts that off and on appear to her. She can give lots of specific details of them, nothing is vague or blurred. She herself is a very down to earth farm woman who has lead a rather staid routine farm life and is definitely not given to flights of fancy.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

When we cannot explain our own existence it is difficult to deny that others (such as ghosts) can exist.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

There was once this old Lady in Black. I didn't know her name.
I found out recently her brother's name as Albert H' . Using my powers of deduction, :sl: given her date of death meant that her name had to be Victoria. :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Brian Yare wrote:When we cannot explain our own existence it is difficult to deny that others (such as ghosts) can exist.
Wow Mr. Yare, you certainly took the audience by surprise that time with such an astounding and thought provoking reply. Well done you, the tablets are obviously working. :up :up
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Bullet Magnet wrote:There was once this old Lady in Black. I didn't know her name.
I found out recently her brother's name as Albert H' . Using my powers of deduction, :sl: given her date of death meant that her name had to be Victoria. :cool:
Did Queen Victoria have a brother? If not, then Victoria who? :sd
Smile! It confuses people
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Many parents named their children after Kings and Queens, and the Name Victoria suited the face in retrospect.
Not a BIG fan of Royal Families, but great gig if you can get it :up Good luck and all that.. so, I doubt she had a brother, or he would have been King.. :tk

It's a strange story, take a seat, and get comfortable.
We moved to the Dales when I was about 2, and rented a cottage while we were waiting fro our house to be built just acrros the field.

The cottage we lived in was rented out as a small holding from the peopel in the big farm up the road, the Place family, who were good friends to me.
Barbara and Vivien are still around today, and they live in the cottage now, having lost their little Sister and mother to a fire in the East wing of the house.
Barbara was married to a man i refered to as Uncle Pat, Pat Buckingham,

While my mother was busy "popping sprogs" , that is my sister and brother in fairly quick sucession, I got to spend a lot of time on my own, which was great.
one time, the living room looked different when I went in there, and there instead of the table by the window was a bed. I was only a toddler, so i had to look up to see who was in the bad when I got to her bedside, and there she was, an old lady in black, with a black bed hat on, which was knitted from wool.
All I could do was look at her, she seemed to like me, as she smiled when she noticed me, and we just looked at each other for a while.

i had a few experiences in that house, come to think about it...

I went to see my 2 Aunts a few years ago, and took my baby grandson with me. They said that he was the first child in that house since our family left if back in about 1966. and I was the fist child in that house in her living memory, as this was only a small cottage, the tenant farmers were generally couples.

Anyway, 2 years ago, I went up on my own, and we had a natter, and my Aunty Barbara had kept much of the paperwork regarding the cottage, and in 1916, Albert had a sale in the village of all the old equipment and his animals, which traditionally in the farming community, when a farmer sells up, all the other farmers will buy from the sale, and pay over the odds for the stuff that is being sold. Its sort of a goodbye present.. Farmers understand this practice.

Barbara had shown me the small banner that would have been posted in the village announcing the sale. I suspect that given what I saw, Victoria had died in the cottage, and Albert maybe cloud not carry on with the farm by himself.

So, there is is, one of my ghost stories, there are more, both humans and animals.
Each time I saw a ghost, I would then see them again in real life, dead.. sometimes the day after, or in one case ( a dog ) almost 2 years later.

I would love to go and live there again, it felt like and reminded me of "home" . Wales is similar in landscape and sheeps, but its not quite the same, but if this is where I am to stay, then so be it. nothing short of a miracle could get me back in that cottage.. i relaise that.
One night, I was waiting to go to sleep, and clear as day, I saw a huge red dragon fly away to my right. I was living in Sheffield then.
Probably a sign that I was going to live in Wales, as we did move there a couple of years after that, and I have only been away for 4 years, after starting work, moving to the Isle of Man, then Glasgow, then back to Wales when my mum was dying.

A Yorkshireman in Wales. Who in reality, given my families history which in itself is very strange, I am from gaelic families on both side, Irish and Welsh, with a Scottish wife, 1 Scottish child and 2 Welsh children and 4 Welsh Grandson's..

You cant make it up really, can you ? :cool:

Oh, in answer to your question M.D. Hammond.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

Thank you kindly Sir. :cg

Hammond? Et tu Brute? :cry: :cry:
Smile! It confuses people
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

WIZARD wrote:Do you believe in Ghosts.

It is often hard to separate fact from fiction, especially when it comes to the supernatural. Who knows the real ghost facts from the false. Those who truly believe are often fed a lot of lies or half truths.

The truth is, no one really knows for sure. These apparent 'ghost facts' are collected from the professionals, those who apparently hunt ghosts, or those who have apparently experienced them, creating one of the most comprehensive set of documents containing 'facts' about ghost you can find.
No - no credible evidence.

No one knows for sure?

The same could be said of pixies, pink elephants & goblins!

The evidence for those and ghosts is equally as weak.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

You could emulsion an elephant pink, who would know?
WIZARD
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by WIZARD »

Dusak wrote:You could emulsion an elephant pink, who would know?
HEPZIBAH would for a start.
WIZARD
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

I was unaware at the time but I have encountered a ghost of a dead farmworker who died at a crossroad on the Somerset Moors.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

I was taking a three months course at a beautiful retreat, a former beach hotel with a unique location. I was given the best room with a view of the forest, the lake and the corner of our island where the ocean and the sound meet, often with huge waves from both directions. Magic it was.

Smoking was not allowed and some of the other participants would come at night to smoke and gossip on my huge terrace. Drinking was also banned, but one of the girls sometimes brought cognac for the privilege.

I was on the top floor and no one else stayed in that end of the building. The whole attic had been closed by the fire department, a shame because it could have made a perfect art studio, they said. I never had a chance to see it myself.

One evening as I climbed the stairs to my room, a young girl and perhaps her little sister came down from the attic, holding hands. This was not my first nor last encounter with ghosts, but these two looked like something from a movie. They were in white dresses from the beginning of that century, their long blond hair was uncombed and they looked very sad. I do not believe that ghosts have any power, so I just accepted them and went to my room. I did the mistake of telling my friend about it and that was the end of my cognac at night. According to the staff, I was far from the first guest to see this two, it was a very tragic story and they belonged there.

The rest of my time there, less smokers were visiting, but I understood that I was blessed with the nice room because regular guests did not want to go near it.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

I suppose that if you like to partake in the odd small spirit, you could see them quite regularly. :lol:
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Jayway wrote:I was unaware at the time but I have encountered a ghost of a dead farmworker who died at a crossroad on the Somerset Moors.
People were often hanged at crossroads in the old days... :cool: I wonder if he died occidentally, or was hanged... ? :tk

Mate of mine had a weird experience on an RAF airfield, the exact place where he had the experience turned out to be a crossroads in the days before the RAF Seconded the land.
seems the military know whet it is doing when placing their sites around the world..
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Jayway wrote:I was unaware at the time but I have encountered a ghost of a dead farmworker who died at a crossroad on the Somerset Moors.
Evidence?
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Bullet Magnet wrote:
People were often hanged at crossroads in the old days... :cool: I wonder if he died occidentally, or was hanged... ? :tk

Mate of mine had a weird experience on an RAF airfield, the exact place where he had the experience turned out to be a crossroads in the days before the RAF Seconded the land.
seems the military know whet it is doing when placing their sites around the world..
Cant we at least see some evidence first before we get on to how he died?
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Brian Yare wrote:When we cannot explain our own existence it is difficult to deny that others (such as ghosts) can exist.
Well, that's saying completely nothing, there is is a world of difference between "can" and "do"