Ancient Conspiracy

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Ancient Conspiracy

Post by A-Four »

A vast amount of archaeological evidence supports the above scenario....what's your problem?[/quote]

I am not to sure about Frater not having a problem, but I certainly do have a problem with it, especially with regards KV23 and KV 62, therefore is it possible that you could please supply some of the 'vast amount of archaeological evidence' that supports YOUR claims.

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:A vast amount of archaeological evidence supports the above scenario....what's your problem?
I am not to sure about Frater not having a problem, but I certainly do have a problem with it, especially with regards KV23 and KV 62, therefore is it possible that you could please supply some of the 'vast amount of archaeological evidence' that supports YOUR claims.[/quote]

Some careless wording on my part....I should, perhaps, have said "such evidence as we have". But it's not MY claim my dear A-Four....it's the view I read from egyptologists. I'm a scientist (egyptology is an interest of mine, rather than a subject on which I claim any expertise) and I tend to accept the balance of conventional wisdom ...in the absence of contradictory evidence.

You have some?

Maybe I'm reading the wrong books.

Such evidence as we do have points to Tut being ultimately buried in KV62 and Ay in KV23...and the rest of the scenario (which I see repeated in the egyptological texts I've read) seems largely conjecture, although entirely plausible to me. But I'm happy to consider (putting on my scientist hat) a contrary scenario.

Now back to your assertion that Tut was ACTUALLY BURIED in KV23....are you now able to expand on this?
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Many thanks for your honest interest in this subject, admittedly it can come across as wild and wooly as some of the story's read here and also many of the modern day books, let alone T.V. programs.

What we really have to do is to go back to when these tombs were first discovered, then look to see who discovered them. It is only when we get to around 1850 that real archeaology takes off in the Valley. At the same time, we have to get into the mind set of the various character around at that time. Those that are only interest is gold, e.g. Davis and Carnarvon. The crooks who would sell their owner grandmothers if she made a vast profit, though appear from history as great archaeologists, and then the real people who cared, and who's only rewards were from their books that they wrote. That is where we must look and not modern rubbish that is written in sensationalist books of today.

Yesterday, I was checking something to do with the Western Valley on the internet, at the main index up comes the name of an old student of this forum giving her FULL 'knowledge' on the subject and at the same time offering her products,...........yet that person knows little or nothing.

I shall by this evening set out the first part of the new subject, and I welcome any questions or disputes, you don't need to have knowledge, everyone starts some where in understand Egyptology, and I am still learning too.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Please make it simple for those of us who don't know but would like to.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

carrie wrote:Please make it simple for those of us who don't know but would like to.
I shall do my best Carrie, but if I don't let me know, and I will explain more clearly.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:Many thanks for your honest interest in this subject, admittedly it can come across as wild and wooly as some of the story's read here and also many of the modern day books, let alone T.V. programs.

What we really have to do is to go back to when these tombs were first discovered, then look to see who discovered them. It is only when we get to around 1850 that real archeaology takes off in the Valley. At the same time, we have to get into the mind set of the various character around at that time. Those that are only interest is gold, e.g. Davis and Carnarvon. The crooks who would sell their owner grandmothers if she made a vast profit, though appear from history as great archaeologists, and then the real people who cared, and who's only rewards were from their books that they wrote. That is where we must look and not modern rubbish that is written in sensationalist books of today.

Yesterday, I was checking something to do with the Western Valley on the internet, at the main index up comes the name of an old student of this forum giving her FULL 'knowledge' on the subject and at the same time offering her products,...........yet that person knows little or nothing.

I shall by this evening set out the first part of the new subject, and I welcome any questions or disputes, you don't need to have knowledge, everyone starts some where in understand Egyptology, and I am still learning too.
I'm not sure if you're referring to me with the "wild & woolly" bit but I'll let it pass :D I don't have any theories of my own.....as I tried to say, I go with flow. And you have to accept that the events at the end of the Amarna interlude are largely guesswork. I am aware that a few egyptologists "think" Tut may have been interred in KV23 before being moved to KV62 (ref. papers by Schneider & van Dijk) but as far as I know it is pure supposition, unsupported by any archaeological evidence....but maybe you know different. It's an odd idea which I guess is why 'mainstream' egyptology doesn't pay it much regard.

How Tut died. what became of the other dramatis personae of that period etc is likely to remain a subject for endless speculation unless and until further evidence is unearthed.

An old student of this forum offering her products.....who can you mean? ;))
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

A-Four wrote:Many thanks for your honest interest in this subject, admittedly it can come across as wild and wooly as some of the story's read here and also many of the modern day books, let alone T.V. programs.

So tell me was KV54 a shaft of goods or a real tomb?
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I don't think Tut was buried in KV23 at all I think that it was intended for either him or someone else but that didn't happen. I wonder if the move to KV62 was to protect his body and fortune just as the other Amarna Royals