Four Years

Advice, information and discussion about Egypt in general.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Four Years

Post by HEPZIBAH »

It is now four years (4 years today I think) since it was announced that Hosni Mubarak had 'resigned' from his post as President of Egypt. The announcement came after a traumatic and dramatic 18 days following the 25th of January revolution. More trauma and drama followed. Many lives were lost during that time, many more have been lost since.

Was it worth it? Has there been positive change in Egypt? Does hind sight show that there may have been a better way to deal with the situation?

Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Re: Four Years

Post by Who2 »

YES! and No, but good things take time, like a glass of Guinness democracy doesn't just come in a day by putting ones cross on a piece of paper, We of all people's should know that!… :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Locals and expats, myself included, seem to think the same, the country was in better shape when he was in power. If he could of dumped the missus and two sons, things would be hunky dory. Corruption still rules the day, so nothing would of changed much there, only to a slightly lesser degree me thinks.But its early days so we will have to wait and see, especially as the new boss is courting the Russians and Chinese in a grand game of checkers. The Russians are already saying that they will build the first nuclear power station here, wonder what take away the Chinese will offer.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

There does appear to be a democracy of sorts in Egypt or at least moving in its general direction away from a total dictatorship since he left. We here in Britain along with our allies have fought world wars over democracy and whilst its easy for me to say because I didn't and I don't live in Egypt and didn't have to suffer the fall out I think most people that believe in freedom would say that ultimately, even if it takes years, it was for the best.

I appreciate those living there might feel differently but genuinely worthwhile things seldomly come easily or without sacrifice.