Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Major New Discovery in Valley of the Kings

Post by Zooropa »

HEPZIBAH wrote:
Kevininabydos wrote:My only irritation would be proven historical inaccuracies and timeline displacement if it were put here. I see no problem with it going into the Literary section. ;)
From what little I've read so far I could argue a case for the Myth, Magic and Spirituality section.

'There is still great magic in Egypt and the rest of the world. The paranormal, astrology, leylines, rituals, telepathy and ESP interest us all. Discuss the mysterious aspects of life that appeal to your sixth sense here.'
As no one can provide any evidence whatsoever for their religious beliefs for which many demand respect Frater's belief's are at worst no less fanciful so perhaps all people of faith should give it the respect that they want in return and/or anything religious should go in the above section as well.

Zooropa
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Zooropa »

Kevininabydos wrote:My only irritation would be proven historical inaccuracies and timeline displacement if it were put here. I see no problem with it going into the Literary section. ;)
The good Dusak put it much better than me when he said that's today's "proven" history is tomorrows inaccuracy.

Too much Egyptian history in my opinion has been pushed as fact when at best its a "best guess" based on available evidence or just plain speculation.

Time and new evidence in all things has proved many a person wrong.

Will you be the self appointed judge of what is and is not historically correct and beyond future revision?

Ive always understood that all science is subject to constant revision and scrutiny.

This account may well challenge many peoples understanding of the facts as they appear today but this is just a website for people with an interest in Egypt not a repository for a ground breaking white paper challenging a previously held understanding.

Too much snobbery, in my opinion, going on here.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

You know what Z you guys are helping me slowly learn how to take criticism because the tiniest joke would make brake so I'm learning how to deal with comments like the ones I've faced before.

However im my biggest critic because I lack positive energy but im getting better.

So i've talked to DJKeefy and I could possibly post my manuscript by tomorrow .

Keep in mind majority of the things that I've talked about aren't in the book. I was able to figure somethings out after my experience Like the fact that there were many users of the name. Neferneferuaten

Nebetah (Nefertiti)
Neferneferuaten-Tasherit
Meritaten
Ankhesenpaaten

Especially the fact that Queen Ankhesenamun was actually the Tasherit not the original.

I know that many of you are going to hit me with the Horemheb. Although I never met him, I think his reign was counted with that of Ay and Tutankhamun(10+4=14years)

but he may have actually reigned for only four years and one month on his own.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Frater0082 wrote:You know what Z you guys are helping me slowly learn how to take criticism because the tiniest joke would make brake so I'm learning how to deal with comments like the ones I've faced before.

However im my biggest critic because I lack positive energy but im getting better.

Keep in mind majority of the things that I've talked about aren't in the book. I was able to figure somethings out after my experience Like the fact that there were many users of the name. Neferneferuaten

Nebetah (Nefertiti)
Neferneferuaten-Tasherit
Meritaten
Ankhesenpaaten

Especially the fact that Queen Ankhesenamun was actually the Tasherit not the original.

I know that many of you are going to hit me with the Horemheb. Although I never met him, I think his reign was counted with that of Ay and Tutankhamun(10+4=14years)

The fact???

|Where's your evidence?

As Ankhesenpaaten-tasherit is fairly well attested as the daughter of Ankhesenpaaten, daughter of Nefertiti, doesn't this make the chronology of your assertion rather unlikely?
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

only one way to find out

So here I go NewsCastle i'm going to post my manuscript on here in the Literary Corner for you all to read feel free to knock me dead. :wi :wi
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:You know what Z you guys are helping me slowly learn how to take criticism because the tiniest joke would make brake so I'm learning how to deal with comments like the ones I've faced before.

Nebetah (Nefertiti)
Neferneferuaten-Tasherit
Meritaten
Ankhesenpaaten

The fact???

|Where's your evidence?

As Ankhesenpaaten-tasherit is fairly well attested as the daughter of Ankhesenpaaten, daughter of Nefertiti, doesn't this make the chronology of your assertion rather unlikely?
Not quite I thought that she was the daughter of Ankh by assumption No one really knows who her parents were. To be fair at one point I was confused and still is because I thought that my sisters Ankh and Mery were the Tasherit girls.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

But Frater....we DO have evidence of Ankhesenpaaten's parentage...from several talatat blocks :

The tasherits on the Hermopolis blocks
Roerder Amarna Reliefs

Plate 14, 307-viA :
Ankhesenpaaten tasherit, born of Ankhesenpaaten

Plate 17, 500 -viiiC :
Meretaten tasherit, (born of Meretaten), (born of) Akhenaten.

Plate 19, 234 -vi :
Ankhesenpaaten tasherit, born of Ankhesenpaaten, (of) Akhenaten each born of Nefertity

Plate 29, 632 -viiiA :
Unidentified (......) tasherit

Plate 70, 157 -viii (left) and (right) :
'Ankhesenpaaten tasherit' born of Ankhesenpaaten, of Akhenaten

Plate 106, 451 -viiC :
Born of Ankhesenpaaten, born of Nefertity

Plate 109, 478 -viiC (late) :
Meritaten tasherit, born of Meretaten

Plate 159, 364 -viii :
Meretaten tasherit, born of Meretaten

Plate 200, PC-209 :
Ankhesenpaaten (tasherit), born of Ankhesenpaaten

Plate 200, PC-192 :
Ankhesenpaaten tasherit, born of (Ankhesenpaaten)
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

I did not say that there was no evidence I said that it was assumed that they were the mothers of the two girls . Usually when I go strolling on the web for info on the girls the statement Ankhesenpaaten Tasherit born of_________Born of the Great Royal Wife_________ is always left blanked.

This still does not disprove that the Tasherit wasn't Ankhesenamun.

If Ankhesenpaaten was born in year 5 of Akhenaten she would have been at least 12 years old when her father died. To me that's a slim chance that she would even be able to conceive a child, but that could be proven wrong. First off, the first question to this is who would've been there fathers, its not like the girls were all hot and bothered and just went sleeping around with some commoner man(although they did kept you warm at night) or some unknown cousin. These are some elite teenagers we are talking about they weren't even allowed to sleep with anybody.

Mery and Mery only is the only one who married Smenk. Thier marriage was arranged by Akhenaten himself, possibly to either elevate her status as a Queen or to elect a Co-regent due to his illness. There were to regents during the time of Akhenaten's last years and that was Smenk and Nefertiti. Mery was at first the Pharaoh Neferneferuaten but was disgraced because of her actions in trying to save her family. This ultimately makes me assume that she was the queen who wrote the Hittite Letters and Smenk was the King Nibhururiya in the Amarna letters. You know we never really got an actual throne name for him, but his nomen. I wonder if he shared the throne name with his father-in-law.

Please do not tell me that Smenkhkare knocked them up, I hate that assumption. Everyone makes Smenk sound like he was the pimp of the royal family because it is always assumed that he knock both of them up, Meketaten, even his own sister.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Frater0082 wrote:I did not say that there was no evidence I said that it was assumed that they were the mothers of the two girls . Usually when I go strolling on the web for info on the girls the statement Ankhesenpaaten Tasherit born of_________Born of the Great Royal Wife_________ is always left blanked.

It would make her (Ankh-Tash) a very young wife for Tutankhamun!

If Ankhesenpaaten was born in year 5 of Akhenaten she would have been at least 12 years old when her father died. To me that's a slim chance that she would even be able to conceive a child, but that could be proven wrong. First off, the first question to this is who would've been there fathers, its not like the girls were all hot and bothered and just went sleeping around with some commoner man(although they did kept you warm at night) or some unknown cousin. These are some elite teenagers we are talking about they weren't even allowed to sleep with anybody.

Mery and Mery only is the only one who married Smenk. Thier marriage was arranged by Akhenaten himself, possibly to either elevate her status as a Queen or to elect a Co-regent due to his illness. There were to regents during the time of Akhenaten's last years and that was Smenk and Nefertiti. Mery was at first the Pharaoh Neferneferuaten but was disgraced because of her actions in trying to save her family. This ultimately makes me assume that she was the queen who wrote the Hittite Letters and Smenk was the King Nibhururiya in the Amarna letters. You know we never really got an actual throne name for him, but his nomen. I wonder if he shared the throne name with his father-in-law.

Getting a bit muddled here between nomen/prenomen. Nibhururiya is the precise transliteration in cuneiform of the prenomen of Tutankhamun. To assume it refers to Akhenaton/Smenkare would imply a spelling mistake on the part of the scribe

Please do not tell me that Smenkhkare knocked them up, I hate that assumption. Everyone makes Smenk sound like he was the pimp of the royal family because it is always assumed that he knock both of them up, Meketaten, even his own sister.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Go ahead Newscastle you're keeping hype right about now.
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

You Know what KV40 is a prime example of my story, that not everything and everyone is documented in stone and that could be said for all parts of histroy, you just don't know but there's only one way to find out and that's to find out on your own. :wi :wi
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Frater0082 wrote:You Know what KV40 is a prime example of my story, that not everything and everyone is documented in stone and that could be said for all parts of histroy, you just don't know but there's only one way to find out and that's to find out on your own. :wi :wi
That's very true....there are huge gaps in our picture inbetween which you could wind any number of conjectures.

The skill is in avoiding something contradicted by what little we do know ;))
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Im dying to know
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

newcastle wrote:
Frater0082 wrote:I did not say that there was no evidence I said that it was assumed that they were the mothers of the two girls . Usually when I go strolling on the web for info on the girls the statement Ankhesenpaaten Tasherit born of_________Born of the Great Royal Wife_________ is always left blanked.

It would make her (Ankh-Tash) a very young wife for Tutankhamun!

Getting a bit muddled here between nomen/prenomen. Nibhururiya is the precise transliteration in cuneiform of the prenomen of Tutankhamun. To assume it refers to Akhenaton/Smenkare would imply a spelling mistake on the part of the scribe

I don't think that Tutankhamun would've had a very young wife I mean she could very well have been born at least two years before him by someone other than the Original Ankhesenpaaten. Do you remember how many Great Royal Wives were roaming around at the time.

Mutemwiya
Tiye
Sitamun
Iset
Hennutaneb
Nebetnehat
Meritaten

She could've easily be the child of one of Amenhotep III's four eldest daughters but was given the same name.