Mahmud Hussein Abdel Rassul †

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Mahmud Hussein Abdel Rassul †

Post by Brian Yare »

I just heard of the demise of Mahmud Hussein Abdel Rassul, senior member of the Ramesseum Resthouse clan, earlier today. He will be missed. RIP

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Mahmud Hussein Abdel Rassul †

Post by carrie »

Apparently it was very sudden, I saw his son last week and asked about him he said he was fine. Had some intersting conversations with him, rest in peace Mahmoud.
Brian is the Rest House open I would like to go up and pay my condolences.
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

carrie wrote:Apparently it was very sudden, I saw his son last week and asked about him he said he was fine. Had some intersting conversations with him, rest in peace Mahmoud.
Brian is the Rest House open I would like to go up and pay my condolences.
It would be normal for the Rest House to be closed for 3 days as a sign of respect, although the abdel Rassul family do not always comply with normal. It should be open by Friday, but Mohamed will know. 01095578160.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

A 'Hassasna part of the 'Horrabat tribe, I spotted loads of the ladies from our village today waiting for their bus/charabang to take them all up to the 'place of mourning as our village is half 'Horrabat and half 'Rabat, it's another day out for the girls to have a good old chinwag whilst their men try to look cool and respectful, but hey! you might think this is a big community but everybody is related to somebody, it makes for a huge extended family and many many funerals. But, Mahmud Hussein was a 'wily old character like his ancestors, we liked and respected each other he will be sorely missed PBUH… :cool:
Ps: 'Hope he say's hello to Stan, one of his great customers!
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Oh yes they should have some good times together.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Giving my mates the third degree it seems my information is totally wrong, Mahmud Hussein Abdel Rassul was from the Rassiela tribe one I have never heard of, sorry about the misinformation.
Steve Strange one of the 80's new romantics died 2 days ago of a heart attack in Sharm el Sheik he was only 55.,, :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

One of, if not the last of the old school of the WB.

One of the very best, who really did know every detail of them there hills. I would often be walking along the road, and this battered old car would stop beside me, "Get in, get in" he would growl. Much of my detailed information of places I know of today, I owe thanks to him. There are so many funny occasions that occurred. If I ever saw him walk across the old restaurant, which wasn't often, I would shout out, "You should do that more often". It always made him laugh.

I remember when old Sheikh Ali was still alive, he would sit in the shade in the open air part of that dear old restaurant, where loads of tourist would come daily to simply see this old man. When he died, I heard that months later he was still making appearances in said restaurant, so I called in. Mahmud had installed an imposter, when I questioned him, he looked at me with those rather sad eyes that I remember so well and said, " A-four, do you think I could keep this place going with out him". Those that know Mohammad can ask him of this, and although he was much younger, and certainly less heavy, he will certainly remember this period.

The light of a great star of the old WB has gone out, perhaps the last of them.

God bless him.