Plane Crash

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Re: Plane Crash

Post by Bombay »

In this day and age there is no reason a Black Box needs to be on the aircraft to collect data, camera is not really needed enough is already collected it sometimes just needs to be found!

Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

BA are resisting the new changes, claiming they could be used to make flying less safe. They have asked the industry to think about such changes, rather than go knee jerk reaction into it. As they point out, swapping crew for pilot or co pilot leaves the door open for longer as the area is cramped already. If a would be hijacker was observant, when a pilot wanted to go back in, they would have longer to force entry while the spare crew member came back out. Also, would a cabin crew member be able to stop a pilot from carrying out a decent again, as he could have already disabled the door as this one did?

I am fairly sure the CAA will just force BA to adhere to the new changes anyway, but for now they are resisting them
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Robbo70 wrote:BA are resisting the new changes, claiming they could be used to make flying less safe. They have asked the industry to think about such changes, rather than go knee jerk reaction into it. As they point out, swapping crew for pilot or co pilot leaves the door open for longer as the area is cramped already. If a would be hijacker was observant, when a pilot wanted to go back in, they would have longer to force entry while the spare crew member came back out. Also, would a cabin crew member be able to stop a pilot from carrying out a decent again, as he could have already disabled the door as this one did?

I am fairly sure the CAA will just force BA to adhere to the new changes anyway, but for now they are resisting them
I hope and pray this will be a unique and one of scenario. I do think having two people in the cockpit at all times is good though as it does mean that if who ever is in charge of the flight deck during that time were taken ill, or some other problem scenario, then they could at least call for back up and assistance from either the other pilot in the passenger cabin or with some ground control, as appropriate.

Cabin crew do go in and out of the cockpit during flights to take refreshments to the flight deck, so if anyone really wanted to seize an opportunity to get in it could just as easily be done then.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Its not suicide when you are responsible for 150 people.
If this guy was Muslim, we would be invading a couple of Arab countries by now on the back of this event.

Because this guy comes from a Christian country, he must be a lone wolf, or have mental issues.

Every time something like this happens, it usually means more disruption for the traveller, due to some new law being enforced as an emergency knee jerk reaction.
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

This is not the first time this type of thing has happened.
Any policy changes regarding this issue will have no effect on the traveling public its not like you are all going to be screened for suitability to pop up to the flight deck so a pilot can take a ****.
Luxor Pharoahs

Post by Luxor Pharoahs »

No its not, I seem to remember an Egyptair flight going down in the Caribbean, was not that a suicide pilot, who kept praying all the way down?
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Luxor Pharoahs wrote:No its not, I seem to remember an Egyptair flight going down in the Caribbean, was not that a suicide pilot, who kept praying all the way down?
His family argued not, as this one was shown on Air Crash Investigates on the History channel. 30 minutes after take off it went down. They argued his prayer was that of a final prayer knowing he was going to die, but not necessarily that he was the cause of it. The program concluded there was no definite evidence either way.
Bombay
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Bombay »

There have been several including speculation re the Malaysian plane that's missing.
Egypt rejected the Egyptair findings from the NTSB.
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

MH370 is no mystery, and those people in Malasyia know the answer, and are not interested in all the subterfuge thrown around.
So a diversion was required for the rest of the world to focus on. No coincidence that MH17 also suffered a tragedy, which is an identical aircraft to MH370..

I too doubt that the Egyptair flight was a suicide mission, but there are those who want you to think otherwise, and it is their best interests to have you believe it was suicide. It stops too many questions being asked, when they can use your prejudice to accept that suicide was the cause.

At the end of the day, Air travel is still THE safest way to travel statistically for the masses. :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

People talk of 'victims' as per those who died in the Germanwings crash in the Alps. But we are all victims as soon as we are born, it is just a matter of degree. We have become the unfortunate owners of a lottery ticket purchased on our behalf. But death is the great leveller; you do not become a victim when you die, but cease to be one. :mrgreen:
I don't have a plan......so nothing can go wrong!

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

jewel wrote:People talk of 'victims' as per those who died in the Germanwings crash in the Alps. But we are all victims as soon as we are born, it is just a matter of degree. We have become the unfortunate owners of a lottery ticket purchased on our behalf. But death is the great leveller; you do not become a victim when you die, but cease to be one. :mrgreen:
It is not the dying but the manner of the death that makes them victims.
There's a huge difference between dying peacefully with those you love close by after a long and productive life - and dying as a young mother with your baby in your arms, knowing that she's never going to see all the wonders of the world as she grows up, because you as her mother chose to take her on this journey which is "the safest form of transport" and that is about to hit the ground at over 400mph. All because of one man you have never met and is only interested in himself. :(
Smile! It confuses people
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Media hype aside, the Pollyannas can't have it both ways. They can't impose life, deny dignified dying and then expect no flak in return. I am sure the animals they consumed would have liked a peaceful and dignified death too......The ball is in your court Pollyannas.

Hypothetically if the rules changed and the press encouraged and stated that it is morally right to allow death with dignity as an option most Pollyannas would go along with this. While all play a part in maintaining the status quo ultimately most people mindlessly go along with what they perceive to be the popular opinion. We are exposed to propaganda on a daily basis and we have been trained at an early age to accept and believe the bs. Most people have never been given the tools to critically think thanks to our poor education system. The government in varying degrees is corrupt and influenced by corporations. In the end it's the people who exploit others and use their fears for their benefit and create and spread propaganda that are to blame.

Also I just saw it announced that the co-pilots girlfriend is pregnant with his baby....the joy never ends.

Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

That's one child that I could never envy, growing up with the stigma that his father was a mass murderer. :( Just hope the he/she never discovers the truth.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Dusak wrote:That's one child that I could never envy, growing up with the stigma that his father was a mass murderer. :( Just hope the he/she never discovers the truth.
I am sure the kid would have quite a reputation wherever he is. "Hey, are you the kid whose dad killed 150 people?". Unless he joins a nihilistic group he will find no understanding.....

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

As the good book says :

Numbers 14:18

‘The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation.’
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

In modern life the world belongs to the stupid, the insensitive and the disturbed. The right to live and triumph is today earned with the same qualifications one requires to be interned in a madhouse: amorality, hypomania and an incapacity for thought.

Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Jewel why don't you ever express your own views in your own words instead of quoting constantly from some inane writer?
I would have thought you would be out celebrating in the streets there are 150 less people polluting the planet now.
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

OK Carrie, although I may not express nihilism in such eloquent terms as some of the great nihilistic writers such as Ligotti, Cioran, and others....like David Benatar in his classic "Better never to have been", as you say there are 150 less humans on the planet...which in perspective, against the 8 billion plus is but a small fraction, and consider those lost in natural events like earthquakes and tsunamis....
amidst the Apocalypse and in the face of Doomsday you will find me smiling because I know that it is only when everything finally goes back into the void, that the universe will achieve absolute tranquility...
Endings aren't tragic, beginnings are.
Beginnings are the mother source of all afflictions, catastrophes and tribulations.
All that death brings is peace, silence, quietness...a never-ending dreamlike-state of comforting pitch-black darkness...

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

All that death brings is peace, silence, quietness...a never-ending dreamlike-state of comforting pitch-black darkness...
On death all thoughts, feeling and thinking end so you can't possibly define anything beyond. Therefore there is absolutely no way you can say death brings peace or a never-ending dreamlike state - you simply do not know this FULL STOP PERIOD. Peace is a state of mind and obviously that is defined by being ALIVE so you're contradicting yourself OR else really really really saying you need to be ALIVE to arrive at this state..... ;)
jewel
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by jewel »

Dusak wrote:That's one child that I could never envy, growing up with the stigma that his father was a mass murderer. :( Just hope the he/she never discovers the truth.
Actually, there is a whole community for people like them, take this woman that claims she now lives a wonderful happy life with children of her own. Her father was a notorious serial killer : "I wrote a memoir, Shattered Silence, and I started to give interviews to the media. After I appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show in 2009, I received hundreds of emails from family members of other serial killers thanking me for telling my story, and asking for help and advice.
I travel to see these people or speak to them on the phone. It's given my life meaning and direction.
I've created a whole network of people like me - daughters, sons, siblings, parents and grandparents of serial killers. So far, I have had direct contact with more than 300 people like this - we are an underground community."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29835159

Happy families.....