DJ Keefy part 2

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

DJ Keefy part 2

Post by Bearded Brian »

It's nearly 2 weeks since Keefy had his accident and he thanks everyone for their kind comments. He has managed to get a pair of crutches but this only means he can move around the flat he can't manage the steps out of the flat too easily so is basically housebound. His biggest problem at the moment is tea drinking - he has to drink his tea standing by the kettle - it's either that or spilling half of it as he tries to get to a chair (must suggest that he moves a chair to the kettle - simples). One other problem is sitting on the loo - can't rest his leg on the floor and has to contend with the weight of the plaster.

Hopefully he will be back at the hospital this week and fingers crossed they can put a lighter plaster cast on if it's healed enough. So if you see a tuk tuk with a plastered leg hanging off the back heading along TV street that'll be our Keefy.
Still looks as if he will be in plaster and housebound until around the 10 May. By then he'll be an expert on GTA 5 and reached the top level of candy crush.

Brian

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Re: DJ Keefy part 2

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Can't somebody get Keefy a thermos and a strap? (so he can at least hang the thermos around his neck while he hobbles back to his chair)

Hope you're on the mend Keefy!!
Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Post by Bearded Brian »

Should have mentioned it - he has a flask but doesn't like the taste of the tea out of it - even if it's only been in for a couple of minutes whilst he hobbles to the chair.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

There are some flasks and thermos that have glass liners - they don't add a 'taste' to the tea.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Bearded Brian wrote:It's nearly 2 weeks since Keefy had his accident and he thanks everyone for their kind comments. He has managed to get a pair of crutches but this only means he can move around the flat he can't manage the steps out of the flat too easily so is basically housebound. His biggest problem at the moment is tea drinking - he has to drink his tea standing by the kettle - it's either that or spilling half of it as he tries to get to a chair (must suggest that he moves a chair to the kettle - simples). One other problem is sitting on the loo - can't rest his leg on the floor and has to contend with the weight of the plaster.

Hopefully he will be back at the hospital this week and fingers crossed they can put a lighter plaster cast on if it's healed enough. So if you see a tuk tuk with a plastered leg hanging off the back heading along TV street that'll be our Keefy.
Still looks as if he will be in plaster and housebound until around the 10 May. By then he'll be an expert on GTA 5 and reached the top level of candy crush.

Brian
Thought there must be a reason that the lame hop a long barsteward has sent me ten ''come and play candy crush with keefy as he is all alone and bored out of his trolly'' on my facebook page. Speaking of which, one of KZ's trollies would be ideal for him to motor around his flat. :up He could put his lap top on the child seat so he doesn't loose his scores. One leg overhanging the side is enough to propel him around with ease. :lol: He could even place a dump catcher at the rear like the carriages here have, loo visit problems solved. Even better simples.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

If they are able to replace the cast with one that is below the knee, tell him to persuade them to use what is known as a 'super light' cast, that surprisingly has been available at the International Hospital for some years now, they are also stronger than the old white plaster variety.

If the break or fracture has improved, then they should add to this a rubber heel, though for some strange reason, they do not always fit this under the ball of the foot, instead at the back, which makes mobility rather difficult.

He should walk on either cast as little as possible, if a heel has not been fitted, as 'knitting' will take longer to atchieve, and will certainly suffer pain in later life,.........Tramadol at the ready. :wi .
Last edited by A-Four on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

I understood that he had broken his knee in 3 places, :sd if so I am concerned that he has a plaster and hasn't been pinned and or plated. :urm:
Smile! It confuses people
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Mad Dilys wrote:I understood that he had broken his knee in 3 places, :sd if so I am concerned that he has a plaster and hasn't been pinned and or plated. :urm:
If that is the case MD, then I am as surprised as you are. If it is as you suggest then almost total bed rest, with leg elevated.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

And I'm certain that he is already feeling much better having read these little snippets of info. :up All we need now is JC to pop up in this post and it will be sorted post hast, or by hasty posts. :lol:
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Following Keith's accident it would be nice to know, how he was treated medically, what he thought of the treatment and how he sums up the aftercare. I am sure there are a few people wanting to know this, due to medical care in Luxor being a big issue with many (Ex Pats) Tourists......
Goddess
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by Goddess »

Get Well Soon DJK! :ks