Food glorious food

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Food glorious food

Post by Major Thom »

Yesterday was heavenly, breakfast bacon, eggs, sausage, hash brown, tomato's

Lunch chicken pate with cognac salad

Dinner, grilled Baramundi, with salad, followed by fresh fruit salad with double cream.

Yummy, what an excellent and varied choice and freely available at all food stores and restaurants. Only seen rice available at the Chinese and Thai Restarants.

Today going to Hogs Breath for a traditional outback menu, then to the Sky Train and Shangri-La for lunch, tonight we are dancing the night away at Yorkies Knob. Suddenly makes you feel alive again.....

Bearded Brian
Top Member
Top Member
Cambodia

Re: Food glorious food

Post by Bearded Brian »

I'm sure you feel alive again after a cognac salad :D
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Bearded Brian wrote:I'm sure you feel alive again after a cognac salad :D
Sitting here thankful it wasn't on my menu as it would have probably killed me.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote: Yummy, what an excellent and varied choice and freely available at all food stores and restaurants...

tonight we are dancing the night away at Yorkies Knob. Suddenly makes you feel alive again.....
:lv The last few weeks, I have been eating very good food, all organic with excellent beer, wine, coffee and chocolate. When it comes to the flavor of fresh fruit, however, I really miss Luxor, knowing that mango is in season now and those tiny bite size figs :P2 .

When in Europe, I appreciate what is not available in Upper Egypt, in Luxor I am fine with local ingredients and music which I really love. This week, I enjoy some of my absolute favorite musicians live right here in my home town. Everything is within reach at different times of year, anytime I decide to get on a plane. I am always free to be where I want to be. :br

THAT is what makes me feel alive! :cheer:

:wi :br :ct
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Major Thom wrote:Yesterday was heavenly, breakfast bacon, eggs, sausage, hash brown, tomato's

Lunch chicken pate with cognac salad

Dinner, grilled Baramundi, with salad, followed by fresh fruit salad with double cream.

Yummy, what an excellent and varied choice and freely available at all food stores and restaurants. Only seen rice available at the Chinese and Thai Restarants.

Today going to Hogs Breath for a traditional outback menu, then to the Sky Train and Shangri-La for lunch, tonight we are dancing the night away at Yorkies Knob. Suddenly makes you feel alive again.....

Hogs Breath is an imitation of an American business, and the menu reflects that, including Mexican items. Not a quintessential Aussie chain, and is thought of as American here.
Carpe diem! :le:
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

Tip your food on the floor Bennu, and I will do the same, now let's see who will be willing to eat theirs? Here restaurants are spotless, proper tables with cushioned chairs, not made from bits of knocked up wood or gereet, that pulls threads from your clothes when you stand up or move. Had a Shisha today, came with the pipe and mouth peace in a sealed plastic bag for hygiene. The amount of tourists In this area is incredible, but then again there is so much for them to do, many have come from the cold south for a bit of warmth, some are back packers, tomorrow going to Green Island the start of the Barrier Reef hoping to do some snorkelling, have booked a trip on the glass bottom boat. Oh! By the way the Hogs Breath I was talking about is an independent restaurant WI not the chain of the same name. The size of it was anazing, the floor area was larger than Ragab Brothers, and people were waiting for tables. The main menu was steaks and unusual meat cuts.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Major Thom wrote:Tip your food on the floor Bennu, and I will do the same, now let's see who will be willing to eat theirs?
:-) It is nice and clean here as well, but I see no reason to eat from the floor anywhere in the world - besides, I have wall to wall wool carpet. I do enjoy wearing my nice clothes, shoes and handbags here in Copenhagen and at the spotless retreat where I stayed last week. Soon it will get far more balady on an island in the Oslo Fiord - if I am not willing to live a very basic lifestyle for a week, I would miss the opportunity of enjoying a beautiful location. :wi It will be followed by some very comfortable days in elegant surroundings in Oslo before we go to a cosy traditional cottage in the woods, offering an amazing view of the mountains through a heart shaped hole in the outhouse door. I wouldn't want it any other way. :cool:

All raw edges in my everyday life are balanced by the luxury and comfort which is always within reach. My favorite feeling is returning to the West Bank after a few V.I.P. days at Winter Palace. :dc:
Major Thom wrote: Had a Shisha today, came with the pipe and mouth peace in a sealed plastic bag for hygiene.
I have seen that in Luxor and Cairo years ago.

I was once provoked by a post where good old Chocolate Eclair wrote that those who lived full time in Luxor were more whole hearted than the rest of us who have more than one home. I do not compete in whole heartedness, but I feel wholehearted indeed, never waking up where I did not choose to sleep. Most of the year, that will be in a very clean room in a West Bank village.

I believe that you have made the same choice and I am happy to hear that you have found the perfect place for your summer holiday this year.
:wi
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Winged Isis »

Major Thom wrote:Had a Shisha today, came with the pipe and mouth peace in a sealed plastic bag for hygiene.

Is that rare in Egypt? I don't indulge so don't ever take any notice, but when my husband occasionally does, I have noticed they always come that way, no matter where we are. He must be choosy with his locations then.
Carpe diem! :le:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

Sorry Bennu but have to tell you this I have just had a bath whilst eating mango, been to the market today and bought a couple of kilo's. So juicy and sweet the only place to eat and enjoy them was in the bath.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Winged Isis wrote:
Major Thom wrote:Had a Shisha today, came with the pipe and mouth peace in a sealed plastic bag for hygiene.

Is that rare in Egypt? I don't indulge so don't ever take any notice, but when my husband occasionally does, I have noticed they always come that way, no matter where we are. He must be choosy with his locations then.
I remember seeing new mouth pieces in sealed plastic bags in Luxor over 10 years ago.

I'm curious about the pipe bit though. Surely they can't be a new, disposable pipe for every person. Are they cleaned in some way and then reused? If cleaned, I wonder what with.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Food ? Tonight I am having a 'classic Swiss Fondue, with fresh baguette & Paul Mas viognier-sauvignon. 'yummmy.... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

It is common practice to receive a sealed mouthpiece for the shisha here in Egypt. :tk I wonder if they do a human version.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Just dined alone having lunch in Blackfoot,...http://www.blackfootrestaurant.co.uk/menus.html
The exceptionally sticky pork ribs and a carafe of Portuguese Terra de Lobos plus a single espresso..£32 squid.. 'a bargain and one of my most enjoyable lunches.....
Opposite is one of these new fad very expensive bicycling shops with coffee, TV ect....
"It's just another day in the life of a Clerkenwell loafer..... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.