Islamic State Threatens Pyramids, Sphinx

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Islamic State Threatens Pyramids, Sphinx

Post by Winged Isis »

Islamic State threatens pyramids, sphinx, as it begins attack on Egypt

JULY 03, 2015 11:28AM

ISLAMIC State has launched a bold new attack — this time in Sinai against Egypt. Are the Pryamids and Great Sphinx — along with countless other treasures — next on their hit list?
“When Egypt comes under the auspices of the Khalifa (Caliphate), there will be no more Pyramids, no more Sphinx, no more idolatry. This will be just”.
These are the chilling words recently spoken to presenter Dan Cruickshank by British Muslim activist Anjem Choudary.
Just days after his show, Civilisation Under Attack, went to air in the UK, Islamic State has taken steps to turn them into reality.
Egyptian warplanes are launching air strikes and troops going house-to-house in the troubled Sinai Peninsula as the jihadist militants conduct an unprecedented, coordinated attack.
It’s just the latest action in a chain of events that threatens to topple the cradle of civilisation into internal chaos on a scale similar to that of Syria and Iraq.
And Islamic State is ready to seize the moment.

The combat in Sinai, described as “war” by Egyptian media and officials, has heightened tensions across the country.
Since the popular “Arab Spring” uprising against the 30-year rule of President Hosni Mubarak, Egypt has gradually been sliding towards chaos.
Today the troubled nation marks the second anniversary of the military’s overthrow of democratically elected Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.
It was a move that fanned dissent throughout Egypt and the insurgency in north Sinai.
It also follows the dramatic assassination this week of the country’s chief prosecutor in a car bombing in Cairo, prompting general-turned-politician President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi to press for even harsher anti-terrorism laws targeting Islamic militants.

Continued:
http://www.news.com.au/technology/scien ... 7426430711

Carpe diem! :le:
Winged Isis
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Islamic State Threatens Pyramids, Sphinx

Post by Winged Isis »

So, has anyone, particularly Dusak living nearby, noticed an increase in security at Karnak Temple, or at Luxor Temple or any other monuments/tourist sites since the bomb incident recently?
Carpe diem! :le:
Scottishtourist
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Scottishtourist »

Winged Isis wrote:So, has anyone, particularly Dusak living nearby, noticed an increase in security at Karnak Temple, or at Luxor Temple or any other monuments/tourist sites since the bomb incident recently?
You're having a laugh in asking this question.
Ain't you WI?

More security?You gotta be joking surely?
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

I'd like to see 'em try :cool:

Every religious nutter organisation down the ages has tried to have a pop at the pyramids and failed spectacularly.
As for the Sphynx, well bring it on, and uncover what lays 15 feet below the Sphynx's right paw.
What we need to know is down there. I like to see it as backups of the information that the Great Library of Alexandria stored before it got torched.. :cg

Religions people, you cannot reason with them, if you could, there would be no religious people... :wi

Drop em all off in the middle of the Sahara no food, no water and see who makes it back by the power of God alone. Good Luck ! :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

As I'm out and about every morning I expected to see a large increase in security, but have only noted a slight increase in numbers with a couple of new checkpoints. As a European civilian traveling round you never really get to see or know about what is happening in the background. There could be many hundreds of armed plainclothes on the streets for all I know. And I will say it again, as far as I'm concerned all feels well with no signs of anything to worry about, and yes, it could happen at any time as Karnak Temple did. You just have to keep your eyes opened that little bit extra now.

As for IS attacking, this is always a possibility, but I think that they would find it a hard fight. As for the people that are funding them in this country, if any, and the known trouble makers with their own long term agendas, they should be gathered up en-mass and, like BM states, dropped from a great height from one of those monstrously large Russian freight transporters in an area of the desert that would not be affected, ecologically wise, with a pyramid sized heap of rotting carcasses. IMO of course.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

IS could have been irradiated before it got a sure foothold in the Middle East. But the forces that be were never asked. Now it's a case of trying to keep them under control. The trouble being is the Countries they are trying to take control of are in shambles and their armies are ill trained and split. I am talking of Lybia Iraq, or Syria.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Lets not forget the nice chaps who are not in uniform, who blend in, be it chatting in coffee shops or seemingly limping along the cornice in a grubby gally and a slightly skew whiff head wrap ;) You don't have to see them to know they are there
Major Thom
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Cyprus

Post by Major Thom »

We see them most days Robbo 70, a well frequented coffee shop by ex pats is full of them on many occasions.
Robbo70

Post by Robbo70 »

Major Thom wrote:We see them most days Robbo 70, a well frequented coffee shop by ex pats is full of them on many occasions.
MT you see a small percentage of them. There are many many more you don't see. They are there however
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

You are so right Robbo, you are so right. :up
Smile! It confuses people