The burial of Nefertiti ?

Luxor is ancient Thebes and has a fascinating past. Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: The burial of Nefertiti ?

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
carrie wrote:
Unfortunately it's not only Egyptologists who use selective information to prove a point, read the historians accounts of the same incidents and depending on their own bias's you get a different interpretation.
It's funny you should mention this Carrie, two very interesting programs on the B.B.C. this week. One was about photography, a very famous photograph of Winston Churchill, sat looking rather gruff with no cigar in his mouth, was only achieved when, without warning the photographer snatched the thing from Churchill's mouth. This information would never have been given out in Churchill's life time.

The other program was about the disillusion of the monasteries in the reign of Henry V111. Presented by a quite young woman, who evidently had spent earlier years as a Goth, I captivated with practically every word she said. She explained quite well that this act by Henry had very little to do with the refusal by the Pope to allow him a divorce, and her evidence was quite stunning.

For the first time ordinary people, who are not readers of history, suddenly realised that all they had been taught at school on this subject was not quite true. A pleasant change from those two old 'head in the sand' self authoritarians Schama, and his mate.
BY will be jumping on your ' disillusion ' ere long :lol:

By Scharma's mate do you mean David Starkey? I rather thought they hated one another. I'd love to see a televised debate between the old Jew and the old Queen. I rather like them both.

I think your goth historian was spot on if she was saying the dissolution (sic) of the monasteries was all about money. Henry VIII didn't only inherit the throne from his father. He inherited his avaricious nature and found in Cromwell the ideal servant to satisfy his appetite for money.

Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

Boy the tension is killing me I wish I knew a friend over there in Egypt. I want to be there when they open his tomb.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:
BY will be jumping on your ' disillusion ' ere long :lol:

By Scharma's mate do you mean David Starkey? I rather thought they hated one another. I'd love to see a televised debate between the old Jew and the old Queen. I rather like them both..
I don't mind BY, at least he's funny and holds no malice, it's others like Gayway that **** me off, who only offer bitterness. Keefy reminded me that three strikes and I was out, once when me and JA had a, well, shall we call it a discussion, and I told her to **** ***, she went nuts, rang Keefy etc, the rest is history, that's why I let Gayway off lightly.

I have come across both the above characters of historical knowledge you mention above here Newcastle, at one of those Pimm's Evenings at the BM in London, neither of them speak to each other, but the best laugh is when you introduce yourself to either, as though you, like they, are a no, no person, they both hate it when they are not recognised for who they are, but then again, who are they.

Anyhow, I'm off now, had a few drinks, and Keefy get worried when I reach :wi :wi :wi :wi :wi .
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Here's the prat-in-the-hat (sans hat) going apeshit over Reeves' theory :lol:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-03/e ... he/6824966
Frater0082
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Frater0082 »

He contradicted himself in that video. He suggested first that she wouldn't be buried in the valley of the kings and the he said she would've been buried later there.

So if we go by what zahi said none if the Amarna r oyals should be there except Tutankhamun and Ankhesenpaaten Tasherit(Ankhesenamun)
Brian Yare
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Brian Yare »

newcastle wrote:BY will be jumping on your ' disillusion ' ere long :lol:
Maybe I might find a solution?
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

It's some time ago now that I wrote an essay on here as to why I did not believe K.V.62 was the original tomb of Tutankhamen. For myself, I have always believed it to have been previously occupied by some one or other, a queen perhaps or senior members of the royal family.

If we look at the main proportions of the plan for the tomb of Yuya and Tuya, they are basically the same as the anti chamber of Tutankhamen's tomb, which I believe was the original tomb. This then was extended, probably by Ay during his short four year reign to accommodate Tutankhamen, being that his successor Ay, who knew had in sufficient time in life, to have built a suitable tomb for himself, so that he could go off into the afterlife in a condition required for a such king.

Originally, like the tomb of Yuya and Tuya its walls were not decorated, nor even plastered, Davis believed this had been destroyed by ancient flash floods, not so. I suspect Reeves is looking for the remains of the original burial in K.V.62. There is though something else, that most people on this new project seem to be overlooking, most plans of this tomb show all the different rooms as square off the anti chamber. This is true, except for one, the Annex, this has been cut at an angle off. Could this be a tunnel to something far more interesting ?

It seems that Mr Reeves thinks differently, recent information indicates that he believes there is another room to the west of the burial chamber, and perhaps another on the north wall of the Treasury, we shall see, soon enough.

Maybe it is time ladies and gentlemen, to start a new subject post on this never ending story.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Yes...I think we should put the speculation to bed, at least until the radar scans are carried out.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

My mates dug it up last year, I think Bonhams are selling the stuff next month.
Have you ever looked up outside Christies in Bond Street above their door is an original granite Sekmet 1320bc which they nicked years ago, it's worth a fortune all one needs is an extending ladder, overalls and a large pair of cojones...
Anyhow how about this new Ch 4 Cleopatra theory ? not seen it yet... :cool:
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/cleopatras-lost-tomb
Ps: I met the 'Prat twice during his career before and after fame he was a 'prat before and after and still is
'once a prat always a prat it's just that no-one/sycophants has the balls to inform him.
Mind-you 'He knows what i think of him!.... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
Who2
Egyptian God
Egyptian God

Post by Who2 »

Me and 'big-nose had this scam going on, Nick was going to cast Zahi's head in 'green glass from the meteorite over in the Great Sea Sand same as in King Tut's crown, Now there's tons of it just lying around it appears with the 'shifting-sands of time
Why you reasonably ask ?
Well! We had been messing around for some months in the Kings Chamber and down in the sub-terrainian chamber with the acoustics, when 'obviously it was closed to tourists, often spending 24 hrs 'entombed having great fun with our head lamps, beers, dope and harmonicas'..
£20 quid in those days was £20 quid! it went a long way...
"early.....One morning Zahi turned up with a full-on Jap film crew, about 5am. Me and Nick were smokin and appreciating the 'sunrise whilst also observing some 'totally mad reality show from 50ft up on the Pyramid 'quite surreal to be honest, those where the days my friends.... :cool:
"The Salvation of Mankind lies in making everything the responsibility of All"
Sophocles.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Who2 wrote:Me and 'big-nose had this scam going on, Nick was going to cast Zahi's head in 'green glass from the meteorite over in the Great Sea Sand same as in King Tut's crown, Now there's tons of it just lying around it appears with the 'shifting-sands of time
Why you reasonably ask ?
Well! We had been messing around for some months in the Kings Chamber and down in the sub-terrainian chamber with the acoustics, when 'obviously it was closed to tourists, often spending 24 hrs 'entombed having great fun with our head lamps, beers, dope and harmonicas'..
£20 quid in those days was £20 quid! it went a long way...
"early.....One morning Zahi turned up with a full-on Jap film crew, about 5am. Me and Nick were smokin and appreciating the 'sunrise whilst also observing some 'totally mad reality show from 50ft up on the Pyramid 'quite surreal to be honest, those where the days my friends.... :cool:
Oh really?
Bullet Magnet
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Bullet Magnet »

Concert pitch A
Thats what you get when you strike that so called sarcophogus in the kings chamber.

Theives broke in and looted that chamber you know, then the cunning ******** presumably put the door back in place.

Acoustic energy is grossly underrated, yet overrated today due to a lack of understanding.too much academic Yatter, yatter.

Now, you must excuse me, having endured 1 hour of hell, and 5 napoleon brandies to numb the pain, I have a glasweigien Elvis imporsonator in my sights..... :cg

No women, no children: Leon. :cool:
There's a time for everyone, if they only learn
That the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn.