Reunion

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Reunion

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

As is often said on here it would be more than nice to be able to have the Forum go back to the "Good Old Days" of a few years ago.

Any chance, via cyberworld and those in the cyber know, that there could be a mass email go out to everybody who ever posted on here AND to all the Newbies who have not yet posted inviting them to re-contribute or start posting?

Is there a mechanism for a mass email?

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Re: Reunion

Post by Horus »

Not really LLL and I suppose those that wish to maintain contact still do so. :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

No mass email to go out encouraging everybody to look back in? That is too bad as there used to be many informative interesting Posters who got out of the habit of posting.
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:No mass email to go out encouraging everybody to look back in? That is too bad as there used to be many informative interesting Posters who got out of the habit of posting.
I know lots of people who still look in. They didn't "get out of the habit" of posting. It was a positive decision because of the sheer nastiness that had many times been resorted to.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

People come and go at will, such is the way of forums. There are many people who have joined but appear never to have even looked in again to read never mind post. Others no longer have an interest in Egypt so don't bother. I can think of many who used to be regular contributers but they have moved on, focussing on their busy lives of work and/or family. Times change and people change with them according to their lifestyle, needs and will. Egypt has changed too and is less accessable for many, changing their focus perhaps to other areas of interest.
Perhaps we should not be looking forwards more than backwards.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Why would they return now?

If they wanted smalltalk, to post for the sake of doing so, talk about the weather, discuss how boring everyone else is on Luxor4u, debate all things non Egypt related, they would already be active on Egypt4u.

I'll let myself out.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

BENNU wrote:
I'll let myself out.
Fine. Just don't close the door...and certainly please don't lock it. I, and I am sure I am not alone, need to see the world through your word paintings.
-Aldous Huxley
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

HEPZIBAH wrote: Perhaps we should not be looking forwards more than backwards.
Correction.

Perhaps we should be looking forwards more than backwards.

(I'll blame my lack of sleep and the cold weather for my error.)
-Aldous Huxley
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

BENNU wrote:Why would they return now?

If they wanted smalltalk, to post for the sake of doing so, talk about the weather, discuss how boring everyone else is on Luxor4u, debate all things non Egypt related, they would already be active on Egypt4u.

I'll let myself out.
In that case why have we not seen you over there, or do your little sojourns at the Winter Palace, the Jollie Ville, your stories of thwarted love and dancing in the moonlight and not forgetting your ladies nights out, your personal life of missing your son and mother, your stories of your several changes of homes in Denmark et al all not count as doing the same? Sorry Bennu, but people posts all sorts of threads on forums, so get used to it and as Hepzibah has explained times do change. I could post several threads of all things Ancient Egyptian and it would get few comments because there are no longer that many people interested in the subject, so what is your answer? let it all die because no one is interested anymore? or do like some people do and try to keep the forum active by generating other topics?

There are 18 headings in this forum's index if you are a full member and very few are restricted to Egypt or purely Luxor related topics, we have:

Myth Magic & Spirituality where the paranormal, astrology and telepathy to name just a few can be discussed.

Women's Talk, not restricted to Egyptian women or pertaining to Egypt and usually only of interest to women.

Hobbies & Pastimes, that could cover just about any hobby or things you enjoy doing from walking your dog to dancing at concerts.

Movies Music & Entertainment, such a broad heading that almost any film, concert, TV programme, actor, actress, or favourite video can be shared on here.

News & Sport, reporting and discussing local, national and international news items, so that covers just about anything going on world-wide.

Literary Corner, is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories, nothing Egyptian about that.

Just for Fun, a light heated section for jokes or things people may find amusing.

General Discussions & Rants, as the heading says anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here, so that just about covers anything anyone wants to talk or write about on any subject under the sun.

I usually enjoy your descriptions of what you see going around you and try to see it all in my minds eye, but it is just one of many threads and discussions that take place on this forum as are those solely related to Luxor. In light of the above index list for this forum and the vast range of topics that it covers, all of which people are openly invited to speak and post about, then I find it strange that you felt the need to make the comments you did.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

Horus wrote:
BENNU wrote:Why would they return now?

I'll let myself out.
In that case why have we not seen you over there, or do your little sojourns at the Winter Palace, the Jollie Ville, your stories of thwarted love and dancing in the moonlight and not forgetting your ladies nights out, your personal life of missing your son and mother, your stories of your several changes of homes in Denmark et al all not count as doing the same? Sorry Bennu, but people posts all sorts of threads on forums, so get used to it and as Hepzibah has explained times do change. I could post several threads of all things Ancient Egyptian and it would get few comments because there are no longer that many people interested in the subject, so what is your answer? let it all die because no one is interested anymore? or do like some people do and try to keep the forum active by generating other topics?

There are 18 headings in this forum's index if you are a full member and very few are restricted to Egypt or purely Luxor related topics, we have:

Myth Magic & Spirituality where the paranormal, astrology and telepathy to name just a few can be discussed.

Women's Talk, not restricted to Egyptian women or pertaining to Egypt and usually only of interest to women.

Hobbies & Pastimes, that could cover just about any hobby or things you enjoy doing from walking your dog to dancing at concerts.

Movies Music & Entertainment, such a broad heading that almost any film, concert, TV programme, actor, actress, or favourite video can be shared on here.

News & Sport, reporting and discussing local, national and international news items, so that covers just about anything going on world-wide.

Literary Corner, is a place to discuss your favourite books and authors and to add your own poems and stories, nothing Egyptian about that.

Just for Fun, a light heated section for jokes or things people may find amusing.

General Discussions & Rants, as the heading says anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here, so that just about covers anything anyone wants to talk or write about on any subject under the sun.

I usually enjoy your descriptions of what you see going around you and try to see it all in my minds eye, but it is just one of many threads and discussions that take place on this forum as are those solely related to Luxor. In light of the above index list for this forum and the vast range of topics that it covers, all of which people are openly invited to speak and post about, then I find it strange that you felt the need to make the comments you did.
First of all I do not have, and never have had a problem with your postings Horus, but those last few words, for some, are enough for a person to take umbrage towards, usually ending with a temporary, un-thoughtout ''I'm outa here remark.'' People are very easily upset nowadays, as we have seen countless times on here.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Horus wrote: do your little sojourns at the Winter Palace, the Jollie Ville, your stories of thwarted love and dancing in the moonlight and not forgetting your ladies nights out, your personal life of missing your son and mother, your stories of your several changes of homes in Denmark et al all not count as doing the same? Sorry Bennu, but people posts all sorts of threads on forums, so get used to it and as Hepzibah has explained times do change.
My downsize of home and absense of a man for years, not seeing my son and granddaughter so often is the price I keep accepting to pay for what I have here and I have often posted that in "Living in Luxor", because I know that it is up to me to change it anytime. I am far from the only one in this situation around here. It is not something I had considered when I decided to stay for a while, and with so many single people coming here, who knows if someone would benefit from my experience? My strong mother is ill, therefore I do not know for how long I can keep living in Luxor for months at a time, so I enjoy it while I can. I dance and swim in Egypt after having given up dancing, swimming etc. in the Danish climate, something that used to fill my life.

I am extremely happy to be able to share this and the beauty that I find, though others find it very boring, but then they can join the debate on Egypt4u about how boring the rest of us are here on Luxor4u.

My posts are very unpopular among some, I know that others enjoy them, but they certainly do not attract formerly active members. I was surprised that the sudden change was in order to do so.

Good Luck with it.
LovelyLadyLux
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Bennu - why the attack re: Egypt4U? Why not join the chats over there? You're invited. There isn't a WALL (nor is there nastiness or subtle digs). Why not try and promote discussion?
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

BENNU wrote:
Horus wrote: do your little sojourns at the Winter Palace, the Jollie Ville, your stories of thwarted love and dancing in the moonlight and not forgetting your ladies nights out, your personal life of missing your son and mother, your stories of your several changes of homes in Denmark et al all not count as doing the same? Sorry Bennu, but people posts all sorts of threads on forums, so get used to it and as Hepzibah has explained times do change.
My downsize of home and absense of a man for years, not seeing my son and granddaughter so often is the price I keep accepting to pay for what I have here and I have often posted that in "Living in Luxor", because I know that it is up to me to change it anytime. I am far from the only one in this situation around here. It is not something I had considered when I decided to stay for a while, and with so many single people coming here, who knows if someone would benefit from my experience? My strong mother is ill, therefore I do not know for how long I can keep living in Luxor for months at a time, so I enjoy it while I can. I dance and swim in Egypt after having given up dancing, swimming etc. in the Danish climate, something that used to fill my life.

I am extremely happy to be able to share this and the beauty that I find, though others find it very boring, but then they can join the debate on Egypt4u about how boring the rest of us are here on Luxor4u.

My posts are very unpopular among some, I know that others enjoy them, but they certainly do not attract formerly active members. I was surprised that the sudden change was in order to do so.

Good Luck with it.
Your reasons for posting what you do are quite valid Bennu, have I ever said differently? I questioned the fact that as you make posts in that particular vein then why do you feel the need to criticise others that do similar? You seem to forget that this forum is not just the domain of you and a few others, it is only so if other members don't join in and allow it to be your special preserve, the same applies to E4U. When Keefy set up his multiple forums of L4U, E4U & Redsea4U he did so specifically because anyone searching the web would maybe think this forum (L4U) only covered Luxor when their interests may lie further afield in other parts of Egypt, therefore each forum could embrace people from other parts of Egypt to give their own input or expertise of living or holidaying there. In essence all of the forums are the same, but with each one erring towards commonly shared interests, those interests are what the current posters choose them to be within the confines of the forum rules, they are not set in stone and any member, new or old can become involved, there is no 'sudden change' as you put it to attract formerly active members. Any changes you may perceive will be to stop certain people from constantly putting people off contributing by either downright nasty remarks, personal insults or a general tendency to cause trouble and ferment unrest where none existed before. Hopefully a lot more people will feel able to contribute and return it to some semblance of what it used to be especially from some of the very interesting people we know that still look in. And the only thing that is boring is your constant references to being called boring, which to be honest is becoming ....... er, boring.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Horus wrote:Your reasons for posting what you do are quite valid Bennu, have I ever said differently? I questioned the fact that as you make posts in that particular vein then why do you feel the need to criticise others that do similar?
I do not defend my right or reason to post. I am sure that I have never said on the forum that I miss my mother, like you say. We are sometimes blamed for not spending twelve months here and in that context I have mentioned why I have left Luxor more often the last few years, which is the illness of my mother.
Horus wrote: And the only thing that is boring is your constant references to being called boring, which to be honest is becoming ....... er, boring.
I have seen several posts and whole threads on Egypt4u ridiculing and criticising Luxor4u as being boring among other things. I do not know if it includes me. I mentioned that some people find my posts from West Bank boring, but that is putting it mildly. Constant references? :oops:

Yesterday, I was meeting some passive forum members in a cheap East Bank restaurant right after Iftar and having to get to Luxor before everything stopped and kill an hour in an empty town, I saw an "excuse" to check in to Winter Palace (the truth is that I was going here today anyway and just extended my booking with one night). They found it hilarious when I said that I am a boring person with no imagination, so the only solution I could find was the usual, Old Winter Palace again. It gave them a much needed laugh and I did the mistake of choosing the same irony here, not thinking that it could bore anyone more than anything else on the entire forum. :oops:

Constant references to me being called boring? Seriously embarrassed that I alone am behind the one and only boring part of this forum, I shall go through my own posts and look for those constant references one of these days. :oops:

I was not aware that what I share, mainly in "Living in Luxor" came through the way that it obviously does.

Horus wrote: there is no 'sudden change' as you put it to attract formerly active members.

... people posts all sorts of threads on forums, so get used to it
Luxor4u is suddenly dominated with the type of posts that I would expect to see on Egypt4u. That is the sudden change that I notice. Have I criticised them? No. I share how I see them and I have been blind to my own posts from Luxor being similar :oops:. When at the same time the poster wanted to send emails to attract former members, I thought there was a connection.

Let us hope that I am wrong and that all these different daily topics will appeal to the interesting members that many or all of us have been missing for a long time.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Bennu, you and I know that there has been a sudden change around here, though it is obvious others do not want to see this.

A bit of advise,........when you are in a theatre, never challenge a comedian, especially one that hold a microphone,........though they do say comedians come and go.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:@Bennu - why the attack re: Egypt4U? Why not join the chats over there? You're invited. There isn't a WALL (nor is there nastiness or subtle digs). Why not try and promote discussion?
I do not remember why or when I lost interest in Egypt4u or how active I have been, but it was a disappointment. When now and then I have given it a chance, knowing that people I like were active, it has not appealed to me at all.
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

A-Four wrote:Bennu, you and I know that there has been a sudden change around here, though it is obvious others do not want to see this.
I think others welcome it.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:Bennu, you and I know that there has been a sudden change around here, though it is obvious others do not want to see this.

A bit of advise,........when you are in a theatre, never challenge a comedian, especially one that hold a microphone,........though they do say comedians come and go.
And a bit of advice to you A-Four.....if you are going to slag off a forum administrator, do it to his face. You are not exactly subtle.

Your sole purpose on here recently seems to have been to make snide remarks. I thought we'd had enough of that with another recently departed member.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Spain

Post by Mad Dilys »

What? Probably a good thing, but I didn't see A4 slagging anyone :tk I do like the reference to the comedian and the microphone though, that fits so many situations I shall impart it to my grandson forthwith.
Smile! It confuses people
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

Mad Dilys wrote:, but I didn't see A4 slagging anyone :tk .
Well yes MD, while so many people on here are guilty of slagging off members who are no longer writing on this form, and I am sorry even your good self at times, which certainly has never been part of your true character in the past, I simply say this, look for any evidence that I have slagged off either M.T., Scottishtourist, or even for that matter Fratter. You will see that my discussions with ALL have been constructive, and not destructive which can not be said of most members of this form.

Many who complain so much now, should only towards a mirror.