Reunion

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Re: Reunion

Post by newcastle »

A-Four wrote:
Mad Dilys wrote:, but I didn't see A4 slagging anyone :tk .
Well yes MD, while so many people on here are guilty of slagging off members who are no longer writing on this form, and I am sorry even your good self at times, which certainly has never been part of your true character in the past, I simply say this look for any evidence that I have slagged off either M.T., Scottishtourist, or even for that matter Fratter. You will see that my discussions with ALL have been constructive, and not destructive which can said of most members of this form.

Many who complain so much now, should only towards a mirror.
Just a few examples of your constructive remarks from recent days:

1. Bennu, you and I know that there has been a sudden change around here, though it is obvious others do not want to see this.

2. Oh for God sake, you all sound like you are all suffering from manic depression, either get a real life, or reach for the high dose Valium.....

3. Even I, the least liked person on here..

4. Well, thank you Bennu, but then let's be careful here otherwise we might be accused of being a clique, like a couple here I could mention

5. Even I, the least liked person on here.....

6. Well, there you have it Fratter, from the two last posts here, that will tell you very clearly of the NEW 'big changes', so sorry to say free expression in a none pure science cuts no s**t here, something I really miss.

Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

First of all let me address this to Bennu, I have never, repeat never said that you 'miss' your mother. I mentioned your mother only in passing and in a list of other things you talk about and the fact that you too make similar personal posts to anyone else on any of the other forums. So can you tell me some examples of the type of subject posts that you complain about over on E4U that have not had similar posts made on here?

As to A4, well there is little I can say other than he feeds off dissent and is probably upset because he has been put back in his box. Your total disrespect for any sort of moderation would have seen you gone long ago on any other forum and as Newcastle says, if you have something to say then say it to my face and not your snide remarks from the sideline. It is not hard to see that any post that in some way is aimed at myself gets a thumbs up from you and of course your remark about a comedian with a microphone was aimed at myself which seemed to get approval from some quarters at least, but don't worry it is like water off a ducks back and I am sure I will still be here long after you have gone and don't forget A4 that as the comedian has the microphone, it is also easy to make the 'heckler' look foolish. ;) People like you thrive on dissent and trying to stir the waters, no doubt you wish to go back to back biting, snide remarks, and insults which thanks to people like you have become the hallmark of this forum and yes I would dearly love to see the return of some of the old members. Many who previously left Egypt for whatever reasons probably still read, but are reluctant to post because someone will either start a mini interrogation of why they left or make some aspersion as to some aspect of their personal life and leave them trying to defend themselves, so is it any wonder we lose members. Then we get other knowledgeable members who live there and if they make a comment it is usually seized upon by someone else as being self publicity for their own business or some other snide remark. When you look at the active contributors to this forum it is hardly any different to that of E4U and many of those members post on both sites, so your arguments do not even hold water.

Finally as I am not going to prolong this pointless discussion with you any further, here are some fact which you may choose to like, or not:

I am not a newcomer here, I have been active longer than many of you have.

Every day I look in and read the forum, usually multiple times each day and often until after midnight.

For many years now I have had the power to moderate or intervene on this forum. This came about many years ago after there was a loss of internet contact with Egypt. Keefy was concerned that he would have no control over what was posted whether that be spam or malicious posts. To that end he asked me to keep an eye on things should he not be around or in a position not to act. This has occurred on several occasions and none of you were any the wiser, so me being here is nothing new.

I have been Admin on E4U since its inception and mainly kept to that side as reading every post that is made on either side is a time consuming task. Lately Keefy asked me to officially take on the onerous task of Admin on this site as well, something I agreed to do. As such would you not expect me to make some posts and comments? Unfortunately my first openly official task was to try and calm down the openly nasty and hostile comments that were being bandied about and to try and generate some more general interest as once the bitching and moaning was finished there would be little else left and I make no apologies for doing that. In the process some people will not like it and some will be openly hostile, but hopefully others will see it as a change for the better. No one can dictate the contents of this forum and if you do not like what is being posted then post something interesting yourselves instead of just whinging about things changing and you not liking it.
A-Four
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by A-Four »

newcastle wrote:
A-Four wrote:
Mad Dilys wrote:, but I didn't see A4 slagging anyone :tk .
Well yes MD, while so many people on here are guilty of slagging off members who are no longer writing on this form, and I am sorry even your good self at times, which certainly has never been part of your true character in the past, I simply say this look for any evidence that I have slagged off either M.T., Scottishtourist, or even for that matter Fratter. You will see that my discussions with ALL have been constructive, and not destructive which can said of most members of this form.

Many who complain so much now, should only towards a mirror.
Just a few examples of your constructive remarks from recent days:

1. Bennu, you and I know that there has been a sudden change around here, though it is obvious others do not want to see this.

2. Oh for God sake, you all sound like you are all suffering from manic depression, either get a real life, or reach for the high dose Valium.....

3. Even I, the least liked person on here..

4. Well, thank you Bennu, but then let's be careful here otherwise we might be accused of being a clique, like a couple here I could mention

5. Even I, the least liked person on here.....

6. Well, there you have it Fratter, from the two last posts here, that will tell you very clearly of the NEW 'big changes', so sorry to say free expression in a none pure science cuts no s**t here, something I really miss.

As I have said seek out where I have slagged off either of the three I have mentioned.

Then again, in very recent time, even I've got fed up with the constant slagging off.
HEPZIBAH
Luxor4u God
Luxor4u God
United Kingdom

Post by HEPZIBAH »

Horus wrote:
I have been Admin on E4U since its inception and mainly kept to that side as reading every post that is made on either side is a time consuming task. Lately Keefy asked me to officially take on the onerous task of Admin on this site as well, something I agreed to do. As such would you not expect me to make some posts and comments? Unfortunately my first openly official task was to try and calm down the openly nasty and hostile comments that were being bandied about and to try and generate some more general interest as once the bitching and moaning was finished there would be little else left and I make no apologies for doing that. In the process some people will not like it and some will be openly hostile, but hopefully others will see it as a change for the better. No one can dictate the contents of this forum and if you do not like what is being posted then post something interesting yourselves instead of just whinging about things changing and you not liking it.

Having served my time as a moderator on L4U, and on E4U for some time after it first started, one of the things that I learnt was that there are some members who seem to think that moderators/administrators should not hold any personal opinion, have a voice on any given subject, and certainly not post. Needless to say, I am not one of those. Of course there are those that think there is no need for mods/admins at all, that just highlights to me the unreal world they seem to habit.
Image Experience is not what happens to you;
it is what you do with what happens to you.
-Aldous Huxley
BENNU
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egypt

Post by BENNU »

Horus wrote: your personal life of missing your son and mother
Horus wrote:First of all let me address this to Bennu, I have never, repeat never said that you 'miss' your mother.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

You have often said how you miss your son and my remark was said in that context, so in this instance if you took it otherwise then I apologise. So having allowed you the last word and anyone esles who wanted to have their say, I will now lock this thread to avoid it becoming the very thing I am trying to avoid which is all to frequent on here at times as some people are like a dog with a bone.