Royal kerfuffle

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Royal kerfuffle

Post by newcastle »

Prince Harry has taken the unusual step of asking the press to lay off the 'harassment' of his new girlfriend.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-37908096

Complete waste of time , of course. You'd think his experienced press staff would have told him there's nothing to be gained by commenting on the excesses of the gutter press....let alone pleading to their "sense of fair play".

I've always thought that a dignified silence is the best option when faced with this kind of thing.

carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Re: Royal kerfuffle

Post by carrie »

Yes but who is to blame, newspapers wouldn't report such rubbish if they didn't find it was profitable to publish it. Am I interested in Prince H and his latest love, NO! Many people are though.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

A sad reflection on the press (putting money ahead of journalism)...and, yes, the public who have a prurient interest in the affairs of celebrities.

All Harry's response does is to give them even more to drool over.
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

Most UK newspapers have a tacit agreement to keep intrusion low in return for some pictures and information. It is the European newspapers (mainly German) and the American tabloids who are the biggest offenders.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Horus wrote:Most UK newspapers have a tacit agreement to keep intrusion low in return for some pictures and information. It is the European newspapers (mainly German) and the American tabloids who are the biggest offenders.
Quite.

I follow the UK press, albeit at a distance, and was totally unaware that prince Harry even had a significant other, or who she was. Presumably any coverage was quite light.

But now it's all over the BBC and I daresay the UK press will be adding their twopenny-worth over the next few days. Goes to show he'd have been better off staying shtum.

I don't read the continental or American gossip mags.
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

newcastle wrote:
Horus wrote:Most UK newspapers have a tacit agreement to keep intrusion low in return for some pictures and information. It is the European newspapers (mainly German) and the American tabloids who are the biggest offenders.
Quite.

I follow the UK press, albeit at a distance, and was totally unaware that prince Harry even had a significant other, or who she was. Presumably any coverage was quite light.

But now it's all over the BBC and I daresay the UK press will be adding their twopenny-worth over the next few days. Goes to show he'd have been better off staying shtum.

Thus the reason for the public rant as it was rumored that he may be gay, that is, according to one social media page I was told about.
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

Dusak wrote:
newcastle wrote:
Quite.

Thus the reason for the public rant as it was rumored that he may be gay, that is, according to one social media page I was told about.
Haven't heard that one. Mind you, his uncle Edward had to weather similar rumours...and the spousal choices of both his father, uncle Andrew and auntie Anne, proved to be "controversial" :urm:
carrie
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh
United Kingdom

Post by carrie »

A friend brought me the Daily Mail over last week, and there was a long story in it about Prince Harry's lady love supposedly written by her Mother.
newcastle
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
Egypt

Post by newcastle »

carrie wrote:A friend brought me the Daily Mail over last week, and there was a long story in it about Prince Harry's lady love supposedly written by her Mother.
Really??

Well if her mother is submitting stories to the Daily Mail I have no sympathy for them.

And if it's a fake....the DM should be ashamed of itself.

What am I saying.... :urm: I don't suppose they give a sh*t whether or not it's genuine .
Horus
Egyptian God
Egyptian God
United Kingdom

Post by Horus »

When did the truth ever get in the way of a good story?
hatusu
Top Member
Top Member
Egypt

Post by hatusu »

There was a wonderful Mac cartoon yesterday - Meghan posing in the window on the phone to Harry, lots of photographers snapping away outside her window - 'You're right, Harry. If only the media would leave us alone - but not just yet, eh?'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... arkle.html
Dusak
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Dusak »

carrie wrote:A friend brought me the Daily Mail over last week, and there was a long story in it about Prince Harry's lady love supposedly written by her Mother.
This is a little misleading, long story actually written by a 'ghost writer,' Jane something or other that has had other semi romantic disclosures printed. So I'm told. ;)
Life is your's to do with as you wish- do not let other's try to control it for you. Count Dusak- 1345.